• Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 2.94 miles
    11/2 - 1.32 miles
    11/3 - 2 miles
    11/4 - 0 miles but I started a new martial arts class
    11/5 - rest day
    11/6 - unintentional rest day (got stranded somewhere and had to walk 3 miles back home)
    11/7 - another unintentional rest day
    11/8 - 0.65 miles lmao I'm pathetic

Total: 6.91/30
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @louubelle16 - Awesome job beating your PB by a full minute! I bet that feels great
    @Ohhim - Great job at the triathlon! That's nice that they print out your times like that
    @ddmom0811 - I haven't run any Disney races but I know people who have. They haven't had experiences like that that I've heard of. Would have been nice if they did a partial refund or something. Or maybe give a coupon for something inside the park or a later entry.
    @kareF - I'm sorry! I hope it heals soon and you can get back to running as quickly as safely possible :)
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @kareF I am so sorry...I've been plowing through the messages to see what the end of your sad tale would be. That really stinks! I hope you're up and feeling better really soon!

Congrats to everyone else for races well-run this weekend.

I had one of those "so how am I going to get it all done?" weekends and didn't get a chance to run at all. It may be hard to get my full 25 miles in this week...every run will have to be a long run!

11/1 3.1 @ 11:15 outside in the neighborhood in the rain
    11/2 rest
    11/3 5.0 @ 10:59 on the treadmill (plus a 1 mile walk and strength training)
    11/4 8.2 @ really really slow (16:04) riking (run-hiking, steep, covered with inches of leaves and treacherous fun)
    11/5 4.0 @ 12:30 recovery run plus .5 walk on the park trail
    11/6 3.25 @ 10:53 on the treadmill (really 3.0 at 10:28, plus .25 at a walk) plus strength training.
    11/7 Rest/Life Day

11/8 Rest/Life Day
    11/9
    11/10
    11/11
    11/12
    11/13
    11/14

exercise.png

• rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Bit late to register here. My goal is 40 km in November.
    exercise.png
    Bit late to register here. My goal is 40 km in November.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,396 Member
    Options
    @kareF - I am so sorry about the ankle. Hang in there and you will be back running before you know it!
    @ohhim - even with the miss on the swim portion you had a great race! Congratulations!! Nice view too :)
    @ddmom0811 - I have run a Disney and it was fine (being we live within running distance of Disneyland). I actually thought about traveling for the Wine and Dine race but decided not to and now I am glad I didn't! I can't imagine going all that way and have it shortened like that. But other than the distance the Disney races seem to be more for Disney collectors than for runners.

Active rest day for me - did some gentle running on the beach with Hobbes the Vizsla and lots of his friends :)
    gr93xcq5lzzl.jpg
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    1/11: 16km Total: 16km of 120km
    3/11: 9km Total: 25km of 120km
    8/11: 17km Total: 42km of 120km

Life got in the way of my best laid plans last week so only managed to get one run in during the week and one yesterday night. I don't hold much hope for this week either as my diary is starting to get really full already in the run up to Christmas (yeah, I said the C word...don't hate me).

I will do my best and chalk it up to one of those things.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    @kareF : whoa that sucks. Hope your recovery is swift.
    @Ohhim : Looks like you made up for the botched swim by some great times on the bike and run. Impressive.
    @shanaber : looks like your dogs are having a party. I hope to be able to run with mine when she gets a bit older. I am looking forward to that day.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    In for 40 this month.

11/2 - 3 miles
    11/4 - 3 miles
    11/7 - 3 miles
    11/9 - 3.23 miles

12.23/40 complete

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    kareF wrote: »
    Back from the Doctor's. He only has the x-ray scans to go by (the radiology report isn't ready yet) and thinks I may have broken a tiny bit of the bottom of the fibia (where it meets the ankle) off. He is going to get in touch when the report is accessible (hopefully around midday today) and let me know if his suspicions are right. I'm hopeful that my ankle is okay though, I couldn't see any piece that may have broken off anywhere on the x-ray (I'm guessing there would be?) Will just wait and see what the report says.

Worse case scenario - I will need a moonboot or cast for 4-6 weeks... but I'm still hopeful.

Edit: Just heard back from Dr.. The radiologist has confirmed an avulsion fragment off the fibia and has recommended the moonboot. Just called my physio, who wants to see the x-rays so he can help with rehab and thinks we may be able to strap it to avoid the moonboot.. Depends on the severity. Sigh... I will wait here on the sidewalk and cheer you all on for a few weeks! Thanks for asking how I am going!

Hope healing is quick! Hang in there.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    1-0 miles
    2-3.72 miles
    3-4.86 miles-I think. Phone restarted during my run
    4-rest day
    5-sick day. was supposed to do another 4.5 but I have a hacking cough that makes breathing hard. Head colds I can run with; chest colds, not so much
    6-rest day.
    7-sick
    8-sick
    9-3.2 miles, still sick but couldn't stand it any more

upcoming race: 8k turkey trot with cinnamon buns at the end

exercise.png

grr my ticker won't show the new mileage

• MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Didn't run. Paddle boarding instead! Gotta cross train.... 2yx80b626qii.jpeg
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    November 1 - 5.3 miles
    November 3 - 1.41 miles
    November 5 - 3.15 miles
    November 7 - 3.25 miles
    November 8 - 5.3 miles

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @kareF - Ouch! Hope you are feeling better!
    @juliet3455 - Congrats on your first "Half"!
    @ohhim - Great job on the Tri! And, nice view for recovery.
    @skippygirlsmom - Skip should go to Iowa State! Seriously...check it out.

11/1 - rest day / Halloween Hangover
    11/2 - 5.25 miles, 55° at 5:30 a.m. in Iowa! Nuts, but I love it!
    11/3 - 4 miles on indoor track followed by weights / abs. After running mostly outside for six months, you can run pretty fast on a flat, indoor surface.
    11/4 - 5.1 miles, again about 55° at 5:00 a.m. Getting spoiled by the weather!
    11/5 - woke up with some major heel pain...a touch of plantar fasciitis perhaps. Decided to take my rest day early and try again tomorrow.
    11/6 - 4 miles on indoor track + weights / abs. Heel feeling better, but not completely pain free.
    11/7 - 6 miles on a gorgeous morning!
    11/8 - 4 miles on another gorgeous day! Tried to get my daughter to come with, but she just wanted to walk...so I did that first.
    11/9 - 4 miles on indoor track, followed by lots of stretching

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @kareF - Just saw your last post...ugh! Sorry for you. Take care of yourself.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for November

11/1 REST DAY
    11/2 10 miles - 10
    11/3 11 miles - 21
    11/4 4 miles - 25 << Recovery Day
    11/5 11 miles - 36 << Threshold Day
    11/6 6.2 miles - 42.2 << Recovery Day
    11/7 15 miles - 57.2 << Long Run (1 week till Huntsville Half)
    11/8 REST DAY
    11/9 REST DAY

exercise.png

Taking an extra rest day as I am tapering for this Saturday.

• snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @kareF Oh, no, am so sorry. this is a bummer. what a distraction :( I feel really bad for you and hope you have a speedy recovery!
    @shanaber beautiful beach, where is that?

Still so busy with no lightening up until next week! But have to get these runs in!

11/1 4.71 miles
    11/2 no run—elliptical for an hour though!
    11/3 5.27 miles — lake path. here are a couple of pictures!
    11/4 no run--elliptical for an hour.
    11/5 4 miles--nice run, but my left calf decided to go crazy today for some reason! I did finish my run, although the last mile was painful, like a cramp, but not fully :(
    11/7 7 miles--wonderful run, felt so comfortable and happy since I thought I won't be able to make the run
    11/8 no run--one-hour elliptical instead
    11/9 5.19 miles--cold, 28 degrees, but a great run!

exercise.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You all are so impressive and I am feeling like a slug. This weekend was a failure of epic proportions when it came to fitness and exercise. Had a wedding and some house guests. Did not get out either day to run, plus I ate like crap and drank too much. On the plus side, I did spend a good amount of time catching up with friends and relationships that had been somewhat neglected during marathon training, so I can't say it was all a waste. But I am looking forward to getting back to some good eating and logging some miles! I am not giving in to the post-marathon slump!

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom - Skip should go to Iowa State! Seriously...check it out.
    exercise.png

Do I need to throw my hat in the ring for my ala mater? :smiley:

https://www.facebook.com/PurdueTrack/
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 10 miles
    11/2 - rest day - sore shins
    11/3 - 5 miles
    11/4 - 5 miles
    11/5 - rest day cross country meet with Skip.
    11/6 - 7 miles
    11/7 - life day off - XC pancake breakfast which turned into still cleaning up until lunch LOL
    11/8 - 6 miles tried something new and ran 9:58 pace :tongue:
    11/9 - 5 miles nice slow pace since my HM is Saturday

38 out of 110 miles

exercise.png

Skip will entertain any school that will give her money, we can be brought very easily LOL

@kristinegift I giggled at your comment to @stoshew71 that he'll kill the HM this weekend, of course he will he's trained so hard. I'm just begging him not to lap me ha ha! He could probably run the race then start over and pass me before I'm done. But this is the thing I like about the running community, I'll be so happy for him and his race and he'll be happy for me and mine.
    @mamamollyt I'm so jealous ! It's beautiful there
    @moyer566 great job getting out there when you don't feel well
    @shanaber I love seeing pictures of Hobbs, Macy would love a playmate like him.
    @ddmom0811 I've heard the Disney races are more of a "fun" HM then a "real" race. Skip and I want to run one because we just LOVE Disney and would take the time to take pictures and have fun, but I hear that is the mindset you need to have. There's part of you what wants to understand the reason for the shorten race but still I'd be livid if I trained for and went all the way to Disney for a HM that was cut in half. I heard quite a few races that happened to this weekend because of weather.
    @karef UGH I'm so sorry to hear about the break. I hope you are feeling 100% soon!!! Don't know if this will make you feel better, but I have a friend who tore ligaments and stuff in his foot and the doctor told him he would have been better off with a break, it would have healed quicker and cleaner that tearing and pulling stuff.

Went to the dentist today so he could remove my temporary filling and put in a permanent one. He said the crown that I've had just over a year is "leaking" so they need to replace it to the tune of over $400 and was going to start he work today. I said I have to reschedule I have a HM on Saturday and there is no way I'm taking a chance on anything hurting. He completely agreed with me. He's my new dentist and I love him already. We started to talk and turns out his Dad and my friend are brother and sister. ha ha! Small world.

• Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    7k this morning. Trying to focus on distance not speed as my speed isn't much above w walk
    exercise.png