Dealing with FOOD DIARY police

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    The person who enjoys ALL the foods & loses weight wins. Game of Diets. I think I'll start a fanfic. 'Dinner is coming...' ~leers~

OMG this is beautiful please do it!!!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

You are obviously destined to be my MFP husband.

I must admit, there was a delay in my response for legitimate reasons. I'm not easily fooled by good looks, and as such had to first consult the taco thread before any serious consideration here.

But as the first taco eating response on that thread, I'm really into this idea now! :)

It would be interesting to start a thread on a daily meal plan - "what did you eat today" type thing that shows how much variety can result in a balanced diet. I feel bad for people that deprive themselves of the tasty stuff. Yesterday I made chicken and tilapia tacos with both black and refried beans, and they were killer. And I got to stuff my face with them since I had gone on a decent bike ride.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Hahaha

Yeah. I feel sorry for the people who start to sound fearful and almost orthorexic. I'm doing all this so I can wear smaller jeans over a longer, healthier life punctuated by even MORE opportunities to enjoy champagne & tacos, thankyouverramuch
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am afraid of what my friends here think of my monotonous and often unhealthy diary. I just hope nobody looks at it. :sweat_smile:
  • mbarmuta
    mbarmuta Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am on low calories but only because my Doctor has told me to restrict my calories to 1000 - I only wish I could eat a little more!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Artemiris wrote: »
    Sometimes I am afraid of what my friends here think of my monotonous and often unhealthy diary. I just hope nobody looks at it. :sweat_smile:

Haha This is so me :smiley: that's why my diary is set to private
  • Elen1a
    Elen1a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stuff like this is kind of why I deleted my old account and now just use MFP to log.

No offense to the helpful people, but if you know what you're doing and don't need help after a while it gets a bit much. And I'm a very private person.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The person who enjoys ALL the foods & loses weight wins. Game of Diets. I think I'll start a fanfic. 'Dinner is coming...' ~leers~

Ahaha!!!

The Red Dinner...

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I tend to not accept friends that don't "think" like me. No crazy dieters, no one who's gonna tell me all that beer is bad (the 2 things you will see on my Food Diary EVERYDAY is Beer and Cereal and I'm losing just fine and still enjoying my life). I'd unfriend, unless they were really trying to help. Someone you've had on there and talked to for a long time.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't bother me unless the PMs were obviously intended to be abusive.

If I got the hump with my friends because they had different opinions to me and cut them loose I wouldn't have many friends left. Some of my friends are even conservatives *shudder*
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I would delete so fast. Boom

Agreed.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Delete them. The only time I ever say anything about someones diary, is if they are under eating consistently.

Me too, and that is the other way off my list. Log 800 calories of lettuce, then post a 5 hour workout, and do that every day for months... yeah, no.

Yep this. Had someone close their diary recently because I commented on their undereating (nicely with science). Diet content is none of my business and I'm in no position to be sanctimonious on that front. But I can't keep quiet about dangerously low intake.

There's someone who really struggles staying on track, their diary only has calorie dense fast food items/coffee/soda but they have never asked for advice on their food so I have never offered it. They get such little bang for their calorie buck the way they eat but I don't give unsolicited advise on diet content.

I have never had anyone say anything about my diary either but then I don't close mine out at the end of the day, it's not a habit I have and I don't need to see that "in 5 weeks" nonsense so I guess people aren't prompted by a status to look at my diary.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It's depends on the tone of the message. I have my diary open to friends, so feedback is welcome. I'd probably just thank them for their suggestions and leave it at that.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've never had anyone do this to me, the only comments I ever get, or make, are things like, "dinner sounds yummy!" Or "red wine and white wine? Couldn't make up your mind?"

I do have a theory about this though. Did you gain these friends through one of the solicitation posts on the forums? You know, "Seeking Friends With Open Diaries" or "Looking For Supportive Friends"? I've always wondered if people connect through those kind of posts if they think it gives them the right to comment on what others eat?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_nx3behpmUU1rf8so2_500.gif
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ok well if one of my friends complains about hitting a plateau, I assume that they're asking for help, and check their diary (although my first question for women is always 'is your period due soon?', lol), and I might post something about it (if logging isn't precise, I never comment about what they eat, just about eating enough protein if they complain that they are hungry).

For the rest, yeah, I've deleted people over this. Now my diary is closed and it's going to stay that way, I think.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That's weird

Nobody has ever commented on my diary and if they did I would wonder what planet they were on

Well now that you bring it up, I have peeked at your diary a few times. The lack of any taco related ingredients concerns me. I think you need help with your diet!

LOL!

Good one Robert! Ummm...tacos...
  • frankiesgirlie
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I've never had anyone do this to me, the only comments I ever get, or make, are things like, "dinner sounds yummy!" Or "red wine and white wine? Couldn't make up your mind?"

I do have a theory about this though. Did you gain these friends through one of the solicitation posts on the forums? You know, "Seeking Friends With Open Diaries" or "Looking For Supportive Friends"? I've always wondered if people connect through those kind of posts if they think it gives them the right to comment on what others eat?

No I didn't. I send requests to people who seem funny, supportive of others, or who I think have similar lives. Sometimes I friend request because we are women of similar age.
    I generally accept all friends requests unless their photos turns me off. No bro six packs. No boobs pushed together in a seductive pose.
    I figure, see how the new friend works out, because you can always delete later.

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'd take the diary PM over the PMs hitting on you when your obviously married (my profile pic is my hubby and I) so disrespectful and not at al flattering even if that's their intent.

X2....I've almost deactivated because of it...now I've started to block them..
  • frankiesgirlie
    Options
    tumblr_inline_nx3behpmUU1rf8so2_500.gif

OMG...how did a housewife end up on my thread!!!