Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Janet)))
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Jant~ so sorry about Max.... we have been through that too.. it is horrible and so sad..my sincerest sympathies to you...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Pip that is what DH had to be on to get rid of his clots. His had gotten into his lungs before they discovered them. DH became so short of breath he could not walk across the room without getting out of breath. This was a man the week before would run a half hour to an hour everyday. Glad they found them in Kirby before it got worse. Now DH is on a pill twice a day. We are waiting to find out when they will do surgery for his kidney cancer. DH had to do the shots for about a week. That is the one the prescription was not clear. The strength was off, so ask questions if you have to have it filled once Kirby is home.

:heart: Margaret

the doc and us don't think the shots will b a permanent or long term thing. may end up doing oral pills and even that, not for long
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Any recommendations on scale? Mine drives me nuts...it keeps fluctuating and if step on it 3 times I get 3 different numbers.

Kimses in MA

[/quote]

Try changing the battery if it is electronic.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Electric blankets vs electric mattress toppers - I used to work for an energy assistance program and I remember hearing that mattress toppers are better for the elderly than electric blankets. Unfortunately I don't remember why. I did read that one of the problems with electric blankets is that one person might feel too warm and through the blanket off leaving the other person with 2 layers of blanket on them.The nice thing about a mattress topper is it stays flat and in place.

Pip I looked up information on switching an administrator on a GoFundMe account and it has to be done by the person who set it up and the GoFundMe people by email. Whoever started it can either change you to the administrator or set you up to access the funds. I hope this helps. If you haven't done so just Google GoFundMe help.

Thanks again to all of you for your friendship and energy <3<3<3

thanks, we are on it.. the banking info was switched to my bank, so all she hast to do is switch the email addr to mine, when she started up the acct she was supposed to use my email addr not hers, that was her booboo. she didn't know my email addr and she had done that as a surprise anyway...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Morning, all...

On the whole question of both political and religious posts in this thread--I simply ignore them. And that is whether I agree with the poster or not. Taking offense at someone's opinion is much like trying to teach a pig to sing--it just wastes your time and annoys the pig. NOT THAT I'M CALLING ANYONE A PIG. It's a metaphor.

But, if somebody ups and posts something that says that one of those silly-buggerty "burn belly fat now with this pill, without changing your diet or exercising!" commercials is true, I will probably respond, and it might be impolite. These wonderful threads that Barbie keeps going for us are about sharing what works for us in changing our lives for the better weight-wise, health-wise, and even mental-health-wise. My opinion.

Warmest regards,
    Lisa from cloudy, but thankfully not rainy today, West Texas

Well said and agree! :)<3

Cheri in chilly NE Ohio

I ignore those posts too. however, when other people don't, they start responding, then someone else replies, then someone else chimes in, then it becomes a drag
  • phyllis115
    phyllis115 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DJ, Sending prayers and hugs your way. So sorry for your loss. Phyl in Cincy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Toast for tea after school and DH making a cardboard light sabre.

wv562fdz30aq.jpg

Marvellous!

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    It is with much sadness that I tell you that my Max passed away last night. :'( When we went to see him at the emergency vet yesterday he was doing well and we expected to pick him up this morning to bring him home. He started having seizures last night that they couldn't control and passed away. He was such a sweet dog and will be missed terribly. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
    8p4qjde10miv.jpg RIP

I love you ladies,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

so sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bkrimpet wrote: »
    Just wrote this message to DeeDee on the home page:

Saw one of those younger lady bicycle commuters this morning all dressed up for work and with no helmet and wondered what Pip and Kirby's take on helmets is. I miss the wind in my hair but have not ridden without a helmet for over 30 years. I know Europeans do it all the time. Just do not like to think of my noggin hitting the pavement.
    Betty ROC

when we see people w/o helmets or lights, organ donors
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    DJ, sorry for the loss of your dear lovely Max. Thinking of you during this difficult time. Hugs and prayers.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DJ - I am so sorry for your loss!(((hugs)))

Margaret - I love that song!

Allison - I am glad that Tom called you back.

Pip - I hope everything is going well today.

Lisa - good luck on your ribbon cutting Ceremony.

I increased my weights today. It was a little difficult. I will need to stay here at these weights until I get my form perfect.

Squat- 5X 65\75\85\95\105, 5X 5X115
    Sumo squat- 5X5X 100
    BP- 5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR- 5X5X 85

I am still painting. I have trim boards a hallway and the kitchen left to do. Three coats of paint. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to put the trim back up. Then I will start tearing up the wood floor.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    DJ, my heart is breaking for you. So sorry you lost your dear friend and family member. (((hugs)))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny not at the North Pole: I've never had my computer try to convert my words to a different language. It must be very frustrating. Have a good time teaching and a safe trip home. :flowerforyou:

GlorworminWA: Congratulations on all the good things that are happening in your life! :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I hope your storage business grand opening is a gratifying success for you and your DH. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: I am happy that you've found a new home to share your love of singing. :heart:

DJ: So sorry for the loss of your beloved dog, Max. Our fur children are so important in our lives. :broken_heart::heart:

Heather: I love the toast for tea photo. :bigsmile:

Rori's DH is in my thoughts this morning. He's having his procedure to remove the melanoma. I hope it goes well. :heart: I'm looking forward to yoga in a half hour. We have damp weather this morning which makes me grateful for indoor exercise. I'm not as tough as Barbie about being out in the cold and wet. It isn't actually raining this moment, but there is standing water on our deck. Time to get moving.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    DJ - just seen the 2nd copy post. So sorry. <3 Sending (((hugs)))

Heather UK

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    DJ - I'm so sad to see that Max passed away. May all of your wonderful memories of him help sustain you through this sad time.

Mia in MI
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DJ , so sorry to hear about Max. My prayers are with you.
    Brenda from Md
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    DJ -(((Hugs))) So sorry for your loss.

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    My Dear Friends,
    I can't tell you how much your friendship and kind words comfort me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Janet aka DJ <3