Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• cr6nd
    cr6nd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a bad day- ate nachos and didn't work out... But today will be better! Already ran 3.5 miles and had a healthy breakfast. Hope to be down a pound for my weigh in on Saturday!
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Hello Jessica, welcome. I totally understand the desk job situation, I have the same problem I will motivate whenever I can if you will do the same this is an awesome group for motivation
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too had a ehhh eating day yesterday, did good all day but then we got KFC Famous bowls on the way home from basketball practice. It wasnt the best choice, but I was still under calories! Im sure I will feel the effects of all the sodium today!!
    We have a long day in court today, so hoping to get a lunch break to go for a run !
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    love KFC but I get the sodium.. This week has not been a productive one as far as getting in a good workout but at workk I now park a few blocks away so I can get a walk in
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I hadnt eaten there is 6+months and for some reason it sounded good last night, I did split it with my toddler! lol

Walking a few blocks to work is great, all those steps add up
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for the last 2 weeks. I have stayed under my calorie goal and have exercised faithfully but weight loss has stalled out. I am so glad that I read over and over again that that WILL happen. Although it is a bit discouraging it by no means makes me want to give up. Weird thing is that even though the scale isn't budging I can see some differences in myself. Like a few weeks ago I couldn't see my toes when I was standing straight and looking down, now I can. So I know my stomach bulge is going down even though the scale isn't.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Options
    cd4m6kcda78a.jpg

Great quote!!
  • cr6nd
    cr6nd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for the last 2 weeks. I have stayed under my calorie goal and have exercised faithfully but weight loss has stalled out. I am so glad that I read over and over again that that WILL happen. Although it is a bit discouraging it by no means makes me want to give up. Weird thing is that even though the scale isn't budging I can see some differences in myself. Like a few weeks ago I couldn't see my toes when I was standing straight and looking down, now I can. So I know my stomach bulge is going down even though the scale isn't.

I totally understand how this feels! I just went through this. I gave up alcohol for 2 weeks to see if it would help and it has! You have to do what works for you. Patience and consistency are key. I try to celebrate the off scale victories as well- today I fit in some jeans that have been too small for the past few months :) I hope you can find an off scale victory to celebrate too!
  • Badger_2016
    Badger_2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Leslie, I am having the same issue. I started out really well but have been maintaining for the past couple of weeks. Weekends are dangerous for me...However, skipping this weekends college football game. Maybe that will help. Lol!
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! This week has been flying by with how busy I have been... I finally have a little bit of time this morning so I will catch up on all of the posts and update y'all on the days I missed.

I got back on track Tuesday after my Monday night "oopsie". I stayed within my daily calories, including some from my workout, and reached a step count of 12,352. I found myself hungry for most of the day, but the festivities the night before didn't leave me in the best condition. I ate more than I typically do, but I made sure to eat healthy clean foods and my fiancé and I walked the stairs for a bit before bed. The temperature here has started to drop drastically at night so going outside for a 10min walk is no longer an option for us Texans - haha

Wednesday was even better than Tuesday. I had a few errands to run in the city so I decided to walk everywhere which gained me a total of 13,240 steps for the day! I met a new friend for coffee that morning and got a plain latte with almond milk instead of my usual vanilla latte. I made the decision last week that giving up coffee was NOT an option, but consuming the amount of sugar the vanilla latte has or the artificial ingredients the sugar free option has was no longer something I wanted in my daily life. I still very much enjoy the plain latte and my skin seems to be thanking me for no longer consuming milk and cheese like I use to. I was slightly under my calorie goal for the day, and was proud that I didn't use any adjustments from the steps I gained.

Today started off well. I made an egg with veggies and had my daily cup of coffee with a little bit of almond milk in it for breakfast. I have lunch plans with a friend and will be reviewing the online menu before I go so that I am prepared. Dinner is already in the fridge from last night and I finally got a clean protein and greens for a quick snack if I get hungry between meals while I am on the go so I should be set with my calorie intake. I have not received many steps as of now, but I plan to walk to lunch and also fit in a workout this evening.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Lovematthewchristopher: How exciting that you can go into your closet and do that! Way to go! You deserve to dress up and feel that every single day... We all do! I have been there before and it is such a wonderful feeling. I can not wait to get there once more because my closet and I are currently not friends but we are working on it ;)

Shycrush6: The fitbit meme seriously almost had me spit my coffee out on my computer this morning I started laughing so hard! Thank you for all the great visuals!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi All, hope you all had a great day. I didnt get my workout in today, but i did manage to get a good walk in. The weather is getting a bit colder, but boy has mother nature been nice, and given us an extended fall. I can handle this. Makes getting outside easier. Stayed within my calories today, which is good. Today i decided to get all dressed up in some of my new smaller sized clothes and just rock them, JUST BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT! There isnt a better feeling then to be able to put clothes on without going through your whole wardrobe, because you dont think anything looks good on you, YES, i love this feeling!!!! Have a good night everyone!

Awesome!! You rock those skinny clothes girl!! Love it!! True inspiration!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    lcnoel13 wrote: »
    Just got back on MFP and found this thread! My husband has recently found something that works for him and he has dropped a good deal of weight. Unfortunately, we work different shifts and are not together during the week for support. Motivation is my biggest struggle and weekends when the family is all together are tough! I have about 70lbs to lose and could use the extra boost!

Welcome! Tell us a little about your self and check in often! =) We're here to cheer!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jessica and I would like to join as well. I am on week 8 of my journey and down 17 lbs so far. I don't really have a number goal to loose just want to get healthy. I have thyroid disease so weight loss is an extra challenge for me. I log my food daily and it has helped me a lot in making smarter choices. The hardest thing I have had to give up is pasta :( I too have a desk job so getting active and not snacking has been hard. I come in early 2 days a week so I can have a longer lunch to go to the gym. I have 2 kids and a full time job taking care of them and the house outside of my 9 to 5 so gym time is hard to find. I also go on Sunday afternoons. Hope to help motivate anyone who needs it and get it in return!

Welcome! This is a great group! Hope we can help in your healthy journey! Tell us a little more about yourself and check in often!
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Options
    cr6nd wrote: »
    Yesterday I had a bad day- ate nachos and didn't work out... But today will be better! Already ran 3.5 miles and had a healthy breakfast. Hope to be down a pound for my weigh in on Saturday!
    Way to get back on track!!!

ivxvj.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Darklords wrote: »
    Hello Jessica, welcome. I totally understand the desk job situation, I have the same problem I will motivate whenever I can if you will do the same this is an awesome group for motivation

ME TOO!!! So hard to get going as my job is to sit here!! Try to go upstairs for water and for the restroom. Another guy I work with has an under-the-desk bicycle. It's actually really qiet. He got it online for around $40. I might look into one! Christmas list!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Darklords wrote: »
    love KFC but I get the sodium.. This week has not been a productive one as far as getting in a good workout but at workk I now park a few blocks away so I can get a walk in

Great idea! Parking far away! I might need to try that more. I don't park close, but why not park as far as I can!
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Options

s_2488.jpg

It is just a number. It can't tell you how you feel, it can't tell you how your clothes fit better, it can't tell you how your cardio is improving... Weighing is just one tool to the many things you can look at.
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Badger_2016

Love it!!! Cracked me up!