What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    After becoming very fit and then gaining it back, losing muscle, I never realized how easily things came to me, I could do hikes and walk for miles, I could try those new workout classes without feeling like the elephant in the room... I had a lot more confidence. I want that confidence which I have lost in the last couple of years. Also, smaller clothes don't cost as much.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    My kids are a great help: serving me proper portions, complimenting me and getting me to exercise when I'm tired, & inventing snacks my restricted diet can accept!
    /quote]

Can I borrow them? :smiley:

I hope you realize what a great role model you are for them, and how this is instilling good habits in them that will last a lifetime.

Lord007 wrote: »

- That every day I feel like a superhero and NOTHING is impossible. B)

Love this.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

YouTube has fun, Christian music Zumba videos!

I will have to look that up.

I love to jog to Zumba on Pandora but so much of the the lyrics ...make me... blush :blush: ....and it seems so wrong to alternate between Zumba and Gospel! I really would love to have PEPPY Christain!

I think BodyPump has some great music. Last edition they used "Brother" by Needtobreathe as one of the tracks. How cool is that!

Nobody tells you how much time you'll spend building playlists or how many podcasts you'll listen to during your workouts.
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    - lost weight in my butt and just sitting and lying on a bed is no longer confortable for long hours.

- sometimes I just dont recognize myself in the mirror and I have to asked myself: who is this person?

- people point out just how big I used to be all the time :(
  • ween2414
    ween2414 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am tired of people telling me I don't have that much more to lose.Or suddenly everyone is worried that I will "over do it" I'm not even in my healthy BMI yet. Yes I have lost 74 pounds but the top of my healthy BMI is still 20 pounds away. People seem to think they are funny with comments like "20 more pounds you will blow away in the wind" but I still have body image issues making comments that could push me off track doesn't help. I also have friends that are suddenly trying to convince me to buy the larger pair of jeans or loose fitting top.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am by no means skinny but this happened today. When your son says "i want to grow up and be skinny like you."
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That I can now walk into a fashion-based clothing store and not think or say "Oh, they'll have nothing to fit me in here..." Because they do! I used to be a big guy and had to shop online or at general supermarkets, it feels good to walk into a fashion shop and actually fit into their merchandise!
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Lord007 wrote: »
    - On the few days when I give in and get fast food, the taste wasn't as good as my brain thought it was and it totally wasn't worth it.

This! I have had cravings, on occasion, for fast food and my brain constantly reminds me of how delicious it is or how delicious it's going to be...then I get it and it's mediocre. It's like my brain remembers how it used to be and hasn't been able to catch up to how it is now. It's the weirdest thing.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    That you will be forced to talk about your weight loss far too often, and what the 'secret' was.
  • caitlinrennes
    caitlinrennes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    twebber03 wrote: »
    Rediscovering clothes you've been holding on too until you lost the weight, just to discover you don't want to wear it anyway.

Got that one! About 3/4 of my wardrobe! Upside is plenty of space for new clothes :D

76600255.png
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

That's the realest! I'm cold all the time now!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    juleelee wrote: »
    Yes to collar bones!!!! After a 70+ loss mine are just beginning to show. Still have 25 lbs to go... I never knew how excited I could get about a bone in my body! :)

So...many...jokes...

Bahahahahaha
  • cjsgrimlin1
    cjsgrimlin1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Being ACTUALLY handicapped, I get really annoyed when large girls take the handicapped stall. It's NOY for you...it's for us who really need it. Please...a little respect.
    I'm curious about this. I'm not handicapped but occasionally use the stall, just like I would any other. I don't think about it much but just do what's convenient. In 25 years I have probably seen one actual handicapped person use the handicapped stall. Is it truly rude to use it if you are not handicapped? Should it be left open at all times, or is it reasonable for the handicapped person to wait for one person who might be in there. I truly want to know and am open to changing my behavior.

Actually its not just for handicapped. if you will notice in Walmart and larger stores there are childrens chairs built into the walls. It is for use by families and wheelchair bound and those who cannot safely move within a regular stall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!