The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I love night shift! I wake up, hit the gym, and go home to sleep when it starts to get hot out :). Wish I was back home and living with the BF, daily routine always depends on our schedules and stuff especially since it can change so much.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo tired...but I suspect if I don't go to the gym in the morning, I won't be able to wind down enough to sleep well. I haven't been in at least a month...*hangs head*

It's been over 4 weeks for me but that's just the gym. I still get in 5-10 miles a week of walking/light jogging
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym. Did not help me sleep. Sigh...
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym. Did not help me sleep. Sigh...
    Working out makes me sleep so much worse! I just figured this out recently and it seems so backwards
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Usually it does cause me to sleep a bit better...this has just been one of those weeks, I guess.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ever have periods were you feel kinda psychic? You kinda know stuff right before it happens or suddenly know something happened without any indication other than you just KNOW?

Maybe psychic isn't the word but ya know....or you don't and I sound crazy...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ever have periods were you feel kinda psychic? You kinda know stuff right before it happens or suddenly know something happened without any indication other than you just KNOW?

Maybe psychic isn't the word but ya know....or you don't and I sound crazy...

Yup. I 'knew' before the phone even rang to tell me, that my Aunt Lois was dead. I had just woken up. I went upstairs to tell my mom something was wrong(even though I couldn't pin point it at the time) and she had just answered the phone and I knew. Before I even saw her face.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I always knew who was calling (before caller ID). I have feelings of deja vu all the damn time. Weird *kitten*.

Intuition is a crazy thing. **And I always think you should listen to it
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I've had that happen from time to time. I remember in high school once knowing exactly where to find someone who had disappeared for a few days. The last time I got dumped, I had a strong sense of foreboding that morning, even though the actual breakup took me completely by surprise.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Ok. Good. The other day I got the feeling I needed to check the Instagram of a singer I crush hard on...he had just posted a pic of his gf's hand with a ring on it...he had just proposed. Then tonight at work I get here and the 2nd shift goes "Remember that guy who..." and I knew exactly who she was going to reference before she said anything else...weird...but clearly I'm not the only one with these odd instances!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I've had that happen from time to time. I remember in high school once knowing exactly where to find someone who had disappeared for a few days. The last time I got dumped, I had a strong sense of foreboding that morning, even though the actual breakup took me completely by surprise.

Sounds like me before my first car accident.
    I had this horrible feeling like I should NOT go to class that day. I missed the first exit to get to the campus, had to turn around, almost got mowed over by a semi-truck. All the while, this terrible bad feeling persisted. Then, right in front of the school, I rear ended a Kia Sportage while Boston's "More Than a Feeling" was playing on the radio... :neutral:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I remember what songs were playing when I was in accidents! When I rolled a Suburban at 17 I was listening to Eagle Cherry's "Save Tonight" and when my Corsica spun out on ice I was listening to "Knockin' of Heaven's Door" by Guns n Roses. I had no inclination of either prior...that I recall.
  • CMDO32
    CMDO32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I'm always getting caught off guard. I never have any idea something is coming. The result is I always think something bad is coming.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    CMDO32 wrote: »
    Hello
    Hi!

• jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm always getting caught off guard. I never have any idea something is coming. The result is I always think something bad is coming.
    I've had plenty of times I've had a sense of foreboding and nothing came of it. But often enough, it meant something. I still don't always know the difference.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I got another vet working with me again. He can only pull a couple of shifts a week, but it sure is nice having time off. I thought I was going to have to work through the whole weekend but he stopped by and asked trade one of week day shifts for one of the weekend shifts so he can travel for Thanksgiving. I said sure! :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I got another vet working with me again. He can only pull a couple of shifts a week, but it sure is nice having time off. I thought I was going to have to work through the whole weekend but he stopped by and asked trade one of week day shifts for one of the weekend shifts so he can travel for Thanksgiving. I said sure! :smile:

Nice!
  • BodyByBex
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So, ladies and gents, I am 15 pounds away from my goal weight and I am looking at getting breast reduction surgery because I do not think these overfilled balloons are going to go anywhere in 15 pounds considering I have lost 50 pounds and they have gone down 1 cup size.
    Does anyone have any experience to offer or knows someone who has gone through this?
    Any tips on how to get it covered by my insurance?
    No, I have not spoken to my doctor yet.
    Yes, I do get frequent headaches.
    Yes, I do have neck and back pain.
    Yes, I do get tingling and occasional numbness in my hands.
    I am currently, I believe, a 34I. I have not been measured in the last 6 months, but you can bet your knickers I will be measured early in the new year.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I do not wish to be up at 5 am with my toddler son. See, he decides that 7 hours of sleep a night will suffice. He also doesn't take a nap during the day. And if he does, he falls asleep on the couch for 2 hours totally 9 hours. Dafuq kid? Not acceptable.