What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I visited a store I couldn't go to because of my weight gain, and I tried an XL top and it as too loose on me. The "L" fit perfectly!!
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    My initial goal was to get to the weight I was when I started college, 158lbs. I'm getting there. Two years ago today a photo was taken of me in a bikini (see my profile). I was 5lbs lighter there than I am today...but today I have collarbones, a smaller waist and more definition in my arms, back and legs.

Definite NSV. I might be heavier but I'm in better shape and I reckon I'm fitter. Its now not all about getting "back" that body.

we have the same college weight! I've just achieved mine (started at 213lb). You got this xxx
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    jrc5423 wrote: »
    I had a business trip last week. I work in finance, mostly male dominated, and although I always get some attention, I got absolutely swarmed by men at the conference and airport during this trip. I've either become much more friendlier or my 40 pound loss is really starting to show. Before the trip I was really stressed out about all the client dinners and eating out I was going to have to do. I expected to see the scale go up a pound when I got home...but I lost 3. I actually lost weight on a business trip. Like honestly I'm in shock.

YOU LOST WEIGHT AT A CONFERENCE?! We need to get you an NSV award
  • Livgetfit
    Options
    I went bra shopping and was explaining to the shop assistant that I've lost so much weight I had no idea what size I was.

She was about the same height as me and started asking me how I had done it and telling me that I was a healthy weight that she'd like to be. I was so honoured to have her ask me questions about my weightloss.

Before I would have only been consulted on the best tasting pizza to order....
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    hvp33ykoftyn.jpg

Just completed my first ever Spartan race!

Very impressive!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can touch my thumb to my pinky about half the time I do my exercises.
    sjf8gdqvybe7.jpg
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've lost another inch off my waist, now I'm down to 31" I haven't had a waist that small since 8th grade.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Our company Christmas party is coming up.

In the past (when I was 230lbs and wearing a US18/20), I had to wear mumsy dresses because that's all that would fit and cover up the parts I didn't want people to see (pretty much everything).

Yesterday I went shopping for a dress for the event. First of all, there were TONS of options. Second, dress sizes are weird and I tried on everything from a US12 to a US6 to find the right fit. I wound up with a beautiful one-shouldered black dress that doesn't hide ANYTHING. And I felt AMAZING! Shopping is (distressingly) way too much fun now :smile:

Basing off your profile, pic, you have every reason to not hide anything! That has got to be a great feeling. Have fun at the party!!!
  • piperjosie
    piperjosie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I ran for 60 minutes on my treadmill. That's the longest time I have ever run without having to take a walk break (or three).
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have been at a weight loss plateau for about 3 weeks. I know I am counting my calories correctly and meeting my exercise goals, so it has been very difficult to stay positive as I lose and gain the same pound over and over.

So... yesterday I did my measurements two weeks ealier than i had planned and... I have lost a significant amount in inches all over my body! More inches than I lost in the previous 2 months!

Also, my husband reminded me that I just bought new jeans and leggings in a size smaller than I was wearing in September.

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Speaking of leggings, I haven't worn them in years because they were all too tight. Nor have I been able to wear tights - just too uncomfortable at my high weight.

I bought both a couple of weeks ago because I am always cold (I live in New England), and really wanted something to wear under my sweats at home, but thought I would have to wear my older, larger sweats over the leggings in order for them to not be too bulky and tight. But I put on the leggings this morning, and put my newer, smaller sweats over them, and I am sitting here, warm and comfortable and happy. :)
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I've had a few recently:
    1. I am officially down to a medium size in tops! I won a T shirt in a raffle drawing at work and wasn't really given a choice in size, just handed a medium shirt. It fits perfectly. Then I went to a concert and bought an awesome band t shirt. They only had smalls and mediums left in the shirt I loved so I decided to get a medium because if it didn't fit now, it would soon. (Still in denial about the t shirt I won in the raffle) It fits!! This is so exciting because I haven't been a medium since high school! Which was *ahem* 15 years ago!
    2. A few of my large tops and vanity sized XLs are getting too baggy to wear. Which kind of helped me to realize that I really am doing this and it isn't all in my head.
    3. I can officially tighten my belt one notch tighter!
    4. I can see some definition in my abs, finally.
    Between these changes and now I have only lost 5 pounds since September and it has been a slow 2 months. It's nice to know that I am making progress even if if the scale is reflecting it much.
  • clairealice27
    clairealice27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I looked over my shoulder in the mirror today while I was getting dressed and realized I don't ANY have back fat rolls anymore. That's a far cry from this summer, when I was at my heaviest in my life. :smile:
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Was at a day conference type thing on Saturday and they were selling t-shirts...unlike most people I have the problem where I think I'm still the little bitty person I once was lol, and everything looks big to me. I grabbed a large and thought it looked huge but then had a little convo in my head where I said stop doing this you're in denial you always do this and then end up having to return to get a larger size. Grabbed the XL and thought noooo way this is a night gown.. but then told myself come on this is probably your size. I decided well ok I'll get the large and if it doesn't fit now I'll just be able to wear it in a month or two. I tried it on this AM to see just how tight it would be, and....it fits! No pulling, no tugging, no bunching around my hips...just perfect!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @clairealice27 can't wait for the day when I can say no more back fat!
  • caitlinrennes
    caitlinrennes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not being afraid to look in the mirror now! :D

76600255.png
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I got a new, smaller belt and I got my wedding ring off for the first time in years! Yay for getting thinner!
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Two new ones this week.

I did 300 lbs on the leg press!

Last night, we decided to try to new the new Fuddruckers. I managed to resist the roll and just eat my burger with jack cheese and jalapenos. As good as it smelled, it just wasn't worth the calories. I even had enough calories left beneath my goal so I really had to think hard about it.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Got a pair of shorts a size smaller a few weeks ago. They fit perfectly in the store but now the butt was a bit saggy and noticed some give in the waist. Guess I'll need to go a size down near Christmas!

Also did a workout today. Wasn't much but feel good about it since been slacking with exercise lately
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday we had friends over for dinner. Halfway through a magnificent home made tangerine souffle I stopped. I was full and as much as I liked it I was not going to finish it.

Second one; It was my BIL birthday on Sunday and we were going to visit. Usually we take the car or bike to visit. After some debating we came to the conclusion really it is only just over half an hours walk. So we walked and we loved it. Walking back in the evening just before bed was a good way to fall asleep feeling very relaxed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!