Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - June Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I realize today is about half way through the month, but I would love to join if y'all will have me... and by that "y'all" statement I'm sure you can guess I'm from the south....

Introduction time:
    My name is Krista. I am 24 and live in Louisiana. 5'1" and as of this morning 178.3 lbs (10 lb gain in 3 weeks, I will explain). I have always been a bigger girl... I don't want to continue to say that... I have curves that I would love to keep, but I understand if they disappear on me. The best way to put it is I am well endowed in the badonkadonk and breasts :D... wouldnt life be great if it things would stay that way lol. May was my birthday, the month I got two bits of devastating news, decided to take a week out of town to visit family, and a week vacation to Florida. So that was three weeks of horrible eating and only working out 4 days. I plan to weigh again in the morning and reset my official weight.

I'm still working on my goals for June... I will post them very soon!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Angela4Health -run 60 miles in June and eat clean for 29 of the next 30 days
    CCSunlight- Drink at least 8c of water a day, lose 8 pounds, and make sure to stay on track as I move and settle in
    Ashleypeterson37:: Finish the last 10 days of 30DS, finally hit ONEDERLAND (8lbs away), run at least 50 miles and start Ripped in 30!
    ashleyk_xox- Lose 10 pounds to make it to my 100 pounds total lost, bring ALL my meals to work, complete entire 30 DS video, NO sweat tea, go to the gym at least 4 times every week, and tone my legs enough to wear shorts!
    Anitanz - loose 2kg to get down to 63kg / 139lb. Drink less alcohol and look and feel great at my 30th!
    ~KanCrav~..... Reach 135. ~ Drink at least 80oz of water a day. ~ Work out 6 days a week, even if its just Shred. ~ Finish Shred! ~Run at least 4 miles a week.
    milieitner-Get into the 8-stone-something category, Finish shred and start NMTZ, and Eat 100% clean 5 days a week
    emmaldownie (Emma)- cycle 100k, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    mkingraham (Megan)- Strength train at least 2 times a week, DON'T Weigh-in until July 1, run at least 2 miles 3 times a week, believe in myself, lose 8 lbs (ambitious I know)
    erinnmcpherson- Goals: Drink 6-8 cups of water a day, lose at least three pounds, run/walk a 5k scheduled for June 18, run 3x a week, cook/eat more fruits and veggies again (and less processed foods) and start 30DS again.
    Crystalfaith: workout at least 4x a week, solidify my spot in the 140s (shooting for 145), containing my eating on the weekends, drink lots of water!
    Finncmh (Cait)- Continue with crossfit schedule of 3 days a week (MWF) get back in to a better running schedule (TR, Sat or Sun), compete in Father's Day 5k (hoping for a solid PR!) work on letting myself just get outside and relax a little bit on my day off, complete my Whole 30 challenge (check out my blog to see what it is), continue to blog everyday about my experience with the Whole30 challenge.
    shannonaufman: hit 168 pounds. Drink 32oz of H2O before any other beverage. Stick with 30DS and OHR. One cheat meal a week, log everything else.
    jyopchick: stay on Turbo Fire schedule as much as possible (even through a 10-day beach vacation), make FUN not FOOD the FOCUS of the summer!! :)
    smapl001-work out 3x a week and lose 8lbs :)
    lostalykat- No weighing in until a month from my last WI day, June 26th. Focus on fueling for my workouts and staying in a good calorie range. Relax and stretch more, worry less. Check in on how I am feeling emotionally and mentally once a week.
    Allie7383- stay in the 140's.. WI once a week.. continue with the 30 Day Shred, focus on changing my eating, continue feeling better about myself, no matter the number on the scale!!
    Mariababe81 (Mariam): I want to keep up with c25k and get to week 8 by the end of june, to continue zumba once a week and shred on days i cant run, get back to my clean eating!!! I am going to try to not weigh in every day and stick to once a month or fortnightly as i dont want the scale to rule my life! get the hang of maintainance!
    kafoteh (Kristin): *Lose 2-5 lbs *Workout at least 4x a week and at least 45 mins each session *Go to the golf driving range at least 3 times this month
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    shelsab (alexis)- lose 5 lbs. Strength 3 x week. More veggies. Read more. Find some new healthy meals to make.
    tjradd73(Tara)- lose -6.0llbs, follow my new workout plan every day, try 2 new recipes, <1400 cal avg/week, and <4 days over cals total.
    meagalayne- get settled into a fitness schedule that works with my new job and stay accountable, continue logging only 5 days/week, make 2 spin classes, make fitness social at least once a week (cycling, running, walking, something - not including baseball games on Wed night), drink more water (!!!) and aim to get at least 6 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week.
    imarunner8908- hit 155 by July 1st, start running again , drink at least 80 ounces of water a day, and give up eating fast food more than once a week, no TV
    Leela30: I'd love to lose at least 2-3 real pounds, but realistically my goal and what will happen is more maintenance.
    cmg2008: I would love to get down into the mid 140s, continue trekking on with C25K and I want to not eat any fast foods for the month of june =)
    Eleanoreb- Continue with maintenance and focus on eating healthier. I've been more caught up in maintaining, than in eating healthy. I need to cut back on all the treats ive been allowing myself lately
    Ley2ndtry: Complete weeks 1-4 on C25K
    Complete the 30 day shred and continue with Zumba - Fit into a size 14 finally and keep up healthy eating!!
    hanna1210 (Meghan)- Consistently work out with C25K, get in the 210s, work out at least 5 days a week.
    ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, jog/run 35 miles, walk dogs at least 10x, No sodas, fit in size 12 pants with comfort, sleep at least 6 hrs 5x/wk (meagalayne....hope you don't mind I borrowed that one from ya :D), and create and follow a workout plan with at least 90% success! Plus overall eating healthier :D

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Mariam-thanks!! I have been with the bf for about 4 1/2 months so far...but it just seems right ya know?! I was previously in a 12yr relationship...so I definately know how NO "me" time goes too!! :laugh: I think I have the tools that I need to figure it out now though! I know that you will get right back to the "Clean" eating ASAP! :wink:

cmg-thanks girl!! WTG on the c25k program...I may try that once I reach my maintanence weight...I would really like to get into running...so that I have some type of exercise that I can do anywhere-anytime-with anyone!! Running for a healthy lifestyle just makes sense! :happy:

Krista-welcome to the group!! great goals for the rest of the month. And good luck keeping your bootyn' boobs....a lot of people have a hard time with this...depending what your final goal is of course!! I myself, feel pretty lucky that I haven't changed bra size (altho I may be able to go down if I wanted too!) and I still have my hips, they are just smaller then they were! :laugh:

Angela-thanks!! back to work for me tonight...but my 4 days off were great!! Have a great Sunday :tongue:

AFM-eating still on track, workout done (32min Turbo Jam-T3), and I have gotten in all of my water everyday so far!! I just remember that I did NOT put that on my list this month...but I guess I was right...it is officially a habit now...whew! (one part of healthy lifestyle-done!) :smooched:
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I have been so busy in training mode, I really haven't been getting on here much besides to long my food :[ That and I am prepping for school this fall!! I am so excited, I just hope work and working out will workout with the schedule. Training for my marathon is going well. Did my long run today, but I miscalculated it and only ran 5.7, I was planning on 6.5, but eh its okay, I was pretty tired. Also been on a plateau for a while, which stinks, but I put away my scale for a lil while and I think its helping, my mood is back up and i am looking for nsv! Such as I fit into my size 10 pants now! Anyways enough about me!

aly-great job on putting the scale away. I did that starting last week after feeling very upset about my plateau and now I am really looking into what I am eating and so far so good! Keep it up and good luck on your swimming. I agree it can be boring! I may need some tips from you in a while. I want to do a mini tri, but I am soo nervous. I run right now, training for a marathon and swim a little and now just bike riding every once in a while.

tara- great job on getting your water! I know you will make your 100 soon! You rock!

cmg-mmmm sushi! sooo good! lol. great job on your running! I did that program too and now am running 6 miles preparing for my half marathon! I love running!!

And yes I cannot believe we are already halfway through June!!!! My lil sis graduates high school on wednesday :]]]
    Take care everyone!

-Alexis
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x441/allie7383/IMG_0223-1.jpg

Hey all, just testing this out to see if my pic uploads lol.. i made a before and after, and i guess I used the wrong code in my topic post, argh! will def get in a real post tomorrow! hope everyone had a great weekend.. not much going on for me, but i've been lurking and reading!

ok someone who knows how to do this help!! since i'm def a moron lol
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Alexis-congrats on your NSV...that rocks!!! and thanks...hoping to see it this week for sure! Great job on your marathon prep...you will do great on the real thing!

Allie-can't wait to see em!! Use the IMG link and not the jpg link. When you copy and paste it from photobucket to MFP....make BOTH "IMG" to lower case "img" and they should post just fine!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    thanks Tara! yeah i posted it in a topic thread and didn't do that, so a couple people corrected it... gonna try again with another one!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Allie-OMG!! I couldn't even tell that was you!! you look awesome...keep up the good work girl!!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Everyone!~!~! :flowerforyou:

~Alexis... Congrats on size ten!~!~! woot woot!~! I get very discouraged with pant sizes becasue every brand is soo different and I never stuck with one specific brand. I like Levis the best but the problem with them is that they shrink and my 11s still fit pretty snug, even after all the inches I lost. But I can fit into size 9s that I couldnt fit into before. And the the german sizes that fit me are anywhere between 30 and 38 (i have no idea what THAT means!~!) so regardless, I am very confused. But, a new pant size is a new pant size and you should enjoy it!~!!~!~!! Good luck with your training!~!

~Tara... biggest NSV..... sticking with healthy choices until the become HABITS!~!~! good for you!~! Drink that water! :drinker:

~CMG... I know how you feel about breaking into the 140s... I feel like I was stuck at 153 FOREVER!!!!!! But dont worry, once you hit it, you will be so proud of yourself!!~!! Almost as proud as you are about you C25K~~! Your doing a great job, keep it up!

~Angela... I hope you have a wonderful week!~!~! :happy:

~Krista... I am very glad you found this thread, you are going to love it here! Welcome :flowerforyou: !~! I understand your desire to keep your curves. I am also 5'1 and I started out at 170 here on MFP. I have been heavier, I just never weighed myself then. I am down to 140ish right now, and let me tell you, all the curves didnt leave for me. The boobies are having a hard time, but the back end is still there..lol. I am excited you are here, I now have a short person with my same body type that understnads me!~!~!~! lol. Good Luck, we are all here if you need ANY encouragment!

~Miriam... COngrats on putting the scale away!~! I am starting to think I can do it too. Its nice to see that not worrying about the scale has turned your attention to your food choices. Way to go!

~Aly... how are you doing with that scale????

AFM... Had a pretty good weekend. Fought with my husband a bit but it is better than not speaking like most of the week went. :grumble: Im going to step away from the subject lightly, not to disturb it....... Food wise I did OK. I dont understand where this NEED for sugar came from. The only thing that can explain it is a hromone change from changing my BC. Noting else is different. The only times I craved sugar before was when I was in rehab (side effect from no booze) and if I let myself get crazy hungry and my BS drops. But now i just want it ALLWAYS. Well, I am doing what I can to stop that. I am REALLY watching what I have for breakfast. Instead of cereal I started making smoothies. I use greek yogurt and flax seed then see what I am in the mood for. Today it was peanut butter and Nutella (i know i know, nutella, not soo good of a choice) but the smoothies are working out pretty well. Today is the first day I am going to workout AFTER one, so I will see how it holds back my hunger. So far they keep me full for a good while. I slacked off on my 30day shred this weekend, but I got in other good workouts. I did 40 min of crazy cardio and 30 min of strength on friday and on sunday I played volley ball for a good hour.

I think I am doing spin tonight and maybe my shred this morning. We shall see. I hope everyone has a great week!~! :heart:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Kan-thanks girly!! WOOT! sorry to hear about your "quarrel" with the hubby...I am sure that it will blow over quickly! As for the sugar, I would say the change in your BC is probably the cause...that sucks...cause it will just have to go away on it's own, and who knows how long that will take!? You will get past it though..so don't give in to it too much until then!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I have less than one month until my pictures and I am STUCK! Feeling very icky right now...
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- I don't have a ton of time right now to read all of your wonderful posts, let alone comment. This weekend was pretty crappy food wise and my knee was still hurting so I didn't really work out except for a walk through this national park, it was kind of part walk part hike, but it felt great to be outside. I have 3 weeks until I weigh- in and I am going to have to really kick it into high gear. My sister will be arriving this week and making good choices is going to be hard, but I'm going to have to make it a priority. I am going to really pushy myself and hopefully I can make some magic happen! My 5k is in 2 weeks and I am nervous about how it is going to go. My knee seems to be feeling better so I am going to test it out on a run today and hopefully I can go further than expected and it doesn't hurt. Fingers crossed because I really need to be able to do at least 3 miles outdoors. Anyways- I only have about an hour left at work before I have to go to the chiropractor and then head to the airport to pick up the hubby from his weekend away. I hope everyone is having a good Monday!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Oh... there's so much going on in here!

I know I've been quiet, but I just thought I would put my own little selfish post in here. I will not be meeting my goal for C25K this month. I tried running over the weekend and was in absolute misery. I have had horrible knees my whole life - seriously, they were even bad when I in grade school and very much in shape - and they are in such pain right now! I'm going to give myself a week to try and get them back in working order. It just irks me to end that I'm not going to keep running! I could, but I really don't want to make them even worse than they are at the moment. It looks like strength exercises, maybe the stationary bike (which I hate as much as my treadmill), the Wii and lots of ice this week :-/

Good luck with everyone on C25K and for your own individual goals! I love hearing all the ups and downs from you all. Makes me feel just a little less alone in all of this. Keep up the good work!! :drinker:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    ~Krista... I am very glad you found this thread, you are going to love it here! Welcome :flowerforyou: !~! I understand your desire to keep your curves. I am also 5'1 and I started out at 170 here on MFP. I have been heavier, I just never weighed myself then. I am down to 140ish right now, and let me tell you, all the curves didnt leave for me. The boobies are having a hard time, but the back end is still there..lol. I am excited you are here, I now have a short person with my same body type that understnads me!~!~!~! lol. Good Luck, we are all here if you need ANY encouragment!

Thank you so much for the awesome welcome! I started out Jan 2010 at 184... the highest I have been in my entire life! I got down to 167 in Jan 2011 and back up to 176.3 today. :cry: I have already gone from a DD to a D, so just a little more loss will be perfect! I just dont want to be flat chested lol.... and definitely dont want to loose a bunch of rump :laugh: I would love your support to get to where you are! Glad for the welcome :flowerforyou:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! I think I will be MIA on the weekends from now on until I figure the internet situation out at home.

Aly – I am right there with you on that pledge!! I keep wanting to give in and just take a peak!! And not even on my WI day but I keep telling myself that I am not going to be a slave to the scale or the # that appears on it. I really need to get my routine and schedule down and make that my focus!! I hope that the anti-scale works for you this month!

Kandace – heard about your splurges and was probably right there along with you!! No chance to rest this weekend cause I moved on Saturday and then worked my 2nd job on Sunday!! And congrats on the loss!! And the chip!! You had 2 great accomplishments to be proud of this week. I hope that you were able to enjoy them and be proud as well!! And I love the new pic!! Glad to hear that your weekend was great even if you and the hubby had an argument. I hope that you both were able to verbalize your concerns and get things ironed out. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and found that when I was staying on track, I really didn’t crave sugar nearly as much as I had before. I was trying to eat more fruits and I think the natural sugars in the fruits would soothe my cravings. I hope you are able to get that worked out so that you don’t feel as though you are constantly “fighting” your cravings but able to curve them with the right things.

Tara – so glad to hear that the meet and greet went so good!! I need to have a talk with the bf and make sure that he is ready for that. He has never dated a girl with kids before so this is all new to him. And for my kids as well. But I am ready to make that next step so I hope that they all are too! And it will also make it easier since I lost my live-in babysitter.

Mariababe – sushi was sooo good on Friday night! And we had a great time too!! And remember, you can do a lot in 19 days!! Last week is the past and you have plenty of time to make this month count!!

Cmg – sushi fix was somewhat met!! I think I could go back again this week…haha! And that’s great that resisting fast food is no longer a chore. Now you won’t even have to think twice about it. I am sooo looking forward to making my own dinners at home and having the leftovers for lunch the next day. You just can’t get anything close to a home-cooked meal! And great job on C25K…one day I will be able to get back to running and hopefully its sooner rather than later.

Krista – its never too late to join our group. So welcome!! Be prepared to be involved with a bunch of kick *kitten* girlies that are hear to listen, motivate, and just talk your ear off sometimes.

Alexis – sounds like things are still going well on your end but we sure do miss your presence!!

Allie – I love the before and after pics!! You have definitely come a long way girly and I am glad that you were able to see it!! I know that when we look at ourselves a few times a day in the mirror, we have a hard time seeing all of our hard work. One of our former forum members had wrote something about the number of negative thoughts that we have about ourselves each and every day. Just hearing that made me more conscious about how I don’t give myself enough credit. I all of a sudden became aware of my negative thoughts when I didn’t really think I had that many to begin with.

Iamarunner – sorry…don’t know your name! And sorry to hear that you are feeling icky!! Perhaps you can focus on changing up just one thing. Focusing on too many things at once can leave you overwhelmed and then you are more likely to throw in the towel. Good luck girly!!

Megan – you have a lot on your plate right now!! I am glad that you are sticking with the anti-scale challenge! I am trying to stick with it but have been tempted to peak from time to time. I hope that you enjoy your time with your sister rather than stress about it. Hope you have a great week girly!!

Hanna – sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get your run in as anticipated. I know that when you set your mind to something and it doesn’t pan out, it can put a damper on things. But sounds like you have a good back-up plan in place. And its not to late to re-adjust your goals since your knees can’t handle C25K right now…just a thought

AFM…I don’t think that I had a horrible weekend food-wise. I was so busy packing, moving, and working that I ate when I needed to and didn’t really have time for anything else. I didn’t make the best of choices but I wasn’t snacking and over-indulging either. I am still impatiently awaiting the arrival of my Turbo Jam. I am moved in and ready to get moving. Gonna get some grocery shopping done tonight after work with my daughter so that we can start our meal planning. Perhaps tonight I can do some yoga booty ballet…thanks Tara!!

I hope all of you lovelies have a wonderful week!! Keep up the great work, continue to motivate and encourage each other, and be nice to yourself (especially you, Kandace…haha)!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    krista: welcome! badonkadonk- love that word! lol. hope u get to keep them! i have kept my mum but my boobs have shrunk from a 32d to a 32c! boo!

kan: sorry to hear about your fight with hubby. hope things settle down soon :)

cmg: well done for the 140s! i was stuck for a long long time until i found mfp in jan! and from then on it was plain sailing! oh i heard the nhs one when i was first starting out! the music gave me a headache! far too much techno! i use the one from running into shape.com. whereabouts are you? im in the uk too and i speak in stones! lol

allie: whit whoo! looking fabulous! keep up the good work!!!

mkingraham: u must be very excited about the 5k. im still too chicken to sign up. there is an adidas 5k in london in sept which im tempted to do but i cant get myself to sign up for it! oh and well done with the scale. it can be difficult so i sympathise. its been helping me to re-focus on maintainance.

hannah1210: take is easy on your knees. maybe a little break is a good idea to recharge your batteries. have u tried something like swimming? less taxing on the knees.

guamgirly: glad u are moved in now! atleast now u can get organised. yoga booty ballet sounds like fun!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    GuamGirly- I am doing good. I have a lot going on so honestly not stepping on the scale is the best thing for me. Between working out some weekends for 6 hours and trying to see friends and family and hang with the fiance, the best thing I can do now is just try my best and focus on being healthy.

AFM- This is short and sweet because I am exhausted. I had a fun weekend with friends and family and lots of exercise. I ate out a fair amount but made good decisions considering.I am fairly certain I won't be able to focus on losing until august. For now I am just going to get my workouts in and focus on eating as healthy as I can, and also not drinking too much on the weekends hehe. I definitely like to have a few drinks when the sun is shining. Well its my rest day and I have a dinner date with a friend. I also have a good bye party for a coworker which is going ot have food and beverages. I am going to make sure I only have 2 beers and try to stay away from any super unhealthy snacks. I am going to go make a healthy dinner with a girlfriend at home.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    forgot to update about me! i did my 2nd day of shred today, have been doing level 1 and 2 back to back! i find that 20mins do not work me hard enough! zumba tomorrow and c25k of wed and fri and shred on sat. rest day thurs and friday!
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

It feels like as we get to the middle of the month things are getting tough…

Hanna- Is there someone that you can see about your problem knees? Like a physio? I had knee problems a couple of years ago and saw an awesome physio at my gym who was able to give me exercises to strengthen my butt and thighs, which stopped my knees wobbling and fixed the problem. I even ran 2 marathons after that!

Aly- Good luck for sticking to two beers at the leaving do. Reckon setting a limit is a really good idea and a great way to still enjoy yourself and feel like you’re joining in and being festive.

Maria- Sounds like you are going well with your shred, running and zumba, go you!

AFM- Just a quick post because work is getting really crazy and I don’t have much time. Fell off the healthy eating wagon on Sunday and indulged in a few chocolate biscuits etc, managed to make up for it a little on Monday and will try to eat light again today, but also just trying to forget it and get on with eating healthy again. First time back on this thread though, because I was feeling guilty. Going for a run with a friend tonight then meeting trainer tomorrow, already a little bit worried about the weekend because BF and I are going away to a tiny seaside town where there wont be much to do but eat and drink (it’s winter), AND we will be missing our Sunday workout. Our trainer said he could lend us some kettlebells for the weekend! But think we don’t need to go that hard out, maybe just go for a couple of walks.

Anyway, take care ladies! Your are all doing awesome!