5'9" women, what is your goal weight?

Replies

• rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    I'm 5 10. I have a long way to get to my goal wt. but.

When I was 160lbs. I felt fantastic. But everyone said I was too thin. I was size 10. I have a medium to large frame.
    Shawna_L wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" with an hourglass figure. I've experienced each of the following sizes....

Size 12 165-175 lbs
    Size 10 155-165 lbs
    Size 8 145-155 lbs* This is my happy place where I typically look and feel my best.
    Size 6 135-145 lbs
    Size 4 125-135 lbs
    Size 2 115-125 lbs
    Size 0 Under 115 lbs

Yes that makes sense for my body too. Thanks for sharing this
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    edited November 2015
    I am 5'9" and started off at 352 lbs. I was unsure of what my goal was when I was starting off because I had been so heavy for so long. I've always been a "big" girl, even in 7th grade I was 180 lbs and 5'7"-ish. I have a large frame and am very hourglass so my curves aren't going anywhere. I am now at 258 and my doctor told me he'd be happy to see me at 200....my goal is 195 but once I get there I am going to see how I look and feel...it might be adjusted to 175-185 depending. I am currently in a size 16/18 jeans and L/XL top depending on brand and style.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    5 9.75 just about 152 lbs I think...138 is as low as I ever go with having muscle, eating, feeling good. I think I'll go for 142..
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    5'8" here and right now the goal is to get back down to 150-155 lbs (size 6-8) and then start recomp. At 165 I'm a size 8-10. I was 5'8" and 135 lbs at age 13 and I was skin and bones! Can't imagine wanting to get back down to that weight.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm not part of this discussion, but interested in how women see themselves - I note that how you feel and see yourself in the mirror seems to be the primary focus - little mention of measurements like BMI or bodyfat percentage.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm 5'9" and weighed 145 when I competed the first time, then 155 when I competed the second time. I will be around 170 when I compete again. I will most likely maintain around 180 pounds, which is "overweight" based on BMI, but body fat will be around 17%.

When I weighed 265 pounds I just wanted to be below 200.
  • usmcmp
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I'm not part of this discussion, but interested in how women see themselves - I note that how you feel and see yourself in the mirror seems to be the primary focus - little mention of measurements like BMI or bodyfat percentage.

Well, BMI doesn't fit for everyone and few people know what their approximate body fat percentage is. Sometimes when you are morbidly obese or obese for a long time all you want is to lose some weight. You don't care if you drop down a category or not, you want to be slightly less fat and that's okay. Sometimes people are relatively light, but have low lean mass and think the way to lose fat is to keep losing weight.

I think the mirror is a better way to set goals than a random number on a scale.
  • louislove17
    louislove17 Posts: 18 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 and 134, my goal is 120-125 :)

Bloody hell

Your goal weight is clinically underweight

Slow, painful death ...via bad hair, skin, lack of energy, furry coating, system shutdown, blood pressure, heart attacks, kidney issues and intense pain inflicted on those who love you

Im also only 18 years old and I've been at that weight before. I was aiming more towards 125.
  • louislove17

Bloody hell

Slow, painful death ...via bad hair, skin, lack of energy, furry coating, system shutdown, blood pressure, heart attacks, kidney issues and intense pain inflicted on those who love you

But if you think that's too small I won't go that far, I'm sorry lol.
  • usmcmp

Bloody hell

I think if you aren't happy with your body at this weight a better idea might be recomposition.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • bcovely
    bcovely Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm 5'8" and I weigh 180 (gained 10 pounds) and I'm a size 12 (and 50 years old, if that matters). My goal weight is 165 so my size 12s fit better. I'm a pear shape so all my weight is in my butt/thighs/hips. (yuck)
  • caliiifornia
    caliiifornia Posts: 10 Member
    I am a size 6 at ~150. Size 10 at 180. Would love to get down to 135, that's my goal weight. I'm currently eating 1400 calories and have volleyball practice 3x/week and mostly sedentary on the rest of the days.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I am 5'9 and as of this morning at 159lbs (up 4lbs water weight from an awesome weekend of drinkies and hot tub fun!)

My goal is 140lbs.

The same as me! I seem to have stopped here for about 5/6 weeks but I'm determined to lose a bit more :-)

Pretty much same here! Height and current weight-wise. My goal is 145 though. Currently at 156-159, I'm comfortably in a size 10. Years ago I squeezed into a size 8 at 148. It wasn't comfortable though, or pretty. :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    My goal weight is around 150. I have a larger frame. At 155 I was just starting to squeeze into 10s.
  • 5891cla
    5891cla Posts: 1 Member
    Whatever gets me back into that stack of size 8 jeans in my closet!

I thought I'd attempt squeezing into a pair (assuming, I wouldn't be able to get close to zipping them) and use that as my "before photo." I couldn't get them past my thighs. :lol:

In the last 3-4 years, I've put on 30-35lbs. I was quite active then, so if I can get back to the same level of fitness, I imagine it would be about the same weight as before - 150.
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member

Bloody hell

@rabbitjb, you need to figure out what is right for you!!
    My sister in law is 5'9" and 115-125lbs ish... Very thin, but normal and healthy for her. She eats well, stays active, has had kids without any problems. We are all different.
    If this is a healthy weight for you, that's ok!!
    But pushing yourself there when your body is not meant to be there is not great as you body won't serve you In the way it will when you take care of it (and are a healthy weight for you).

• cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member

Correction, the above post was meant for you @louislove17. I apologize for the confusion @rabbitjb.

I love this post :smiley:
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    5'10", 173-174 the last couple weeks and in a relatively loose size 12, though I can squeeze into a 10. My first goal was to be in a healthy range before we started trying to have kids in January. Done! My next, since I hit that early, is to be in a comfy size 10 at Christmas.
    If I don't get pregnant immediately I plan on continuing this and working my way down. I'm small framed and I just picked a range of 155-160 as my "goal" as its comfortably in the middle of my healthy range.
  • louislove17
    ccpowles wrote: »

Bloody hell

@rabbitjb, you need to figure out what is right for you!!
    My sister in law is 5'9" and 115-125lbs ish... Very thin, but normal and healthy for her. She eats well, stays active, has had kids without any problems. We are all different.
    If this is a healthy weight for you, that's ok!!
    But pushing yourself there when your body is not meant to be there is not great as you body won't serve you In the way it will when you take care of it (and are a healthy weight for you).

Thank you! I've been at that weight before and I've had a full blood work done and everything was great. The reason I put weight on was purely because of stress and emotional eating, as I have depression, plus antidepressants can cause weight gain.
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    I'm 5'10". Goal weight is a very precise 143 lbs. That's my optimal bicycling weight: where I'm not sacrificing the muscle I need, but I'm not carrying extra fat weight that will be a burden.