30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• rlynn1150
    rlynn1150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting either today or tomorrow for sure!
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Feeling a little under the weather lately, so I've been waiting to feel better, but I'm getting sick of waiting!! I'll start tonight when I get home from work. I'm so excitedf after seeing some of the before/after pictures on other threads :)
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I completed Level 1 Day 1 just now! I got up at 8:30am today and went for a quick warm up jog (22 minutes) and then I completed the first day of level one. The air punches got to me.. my legs were just going up in flames! I was sweating buckets that I had to keep wiping my brow before I drowned in my own sweat! The one exercise ( I forgot what it's called) but its in the strength circuit where you have both hand weights and hold it up to eye level and down and you do like side lunges? Yeah, I couldn't do that with both my 5lb hand weights so I switched to using just one for right now.

I have a love/hate thing going for the no rests.. I love how thats kinda the secret to seeing results, but I also hate it because it does feel like I'm dying! hahah!

I took some advil before I started my morning, so maybe that will help with the pain? I'm not sure what to expect because I don't feel that sore yet, but I could be jinxing myself!

Here are my starting measurements and I'll post them again for my progress and results, but I'll post them now so people who are just about starting can see what I measured. I know I measured a lot of different places, but I want to be sure I had everything covered.

Day 1: 6/13/11
    Weight: 152.7
    Natural Waist (above Belly Button) – 31
    Inch below Belly Button – 39
    (I have a HUGE kangaroo patch of fat just gathering under my belly button, so I sure hope that it will burn off!)
    Hips – 39
    R Thigh – 25
    L Thigh – 25
    Bust – 35.5
    L Arm – 12
    R Arm – 11
    Neck - 12.5
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have started a few times but can't seem to do it everyday, but maybe I can this time. I am so excited to get started.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    L1D1 done - whew! I did a squat/lunge-heavy workout yesterday, and started C25K today too, so my legs are super sore...we'll see how that works out ;-) I plan to take a nice walk later to help ease soreness. 30DS/C25K starting stats below...will perhaps post pictures towards the end of 30DS (which I'll finish just a few days before vacay, yay!).

Day 1 (6/13):

Weight: 146 lbs.
    Bust: 38"
    Waist: 30.5"
    Low waist: 36.5"
    Hips: 40.5"
    Arm: 11.5"
    Thigh: 24"
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Finished my 2nd day of the 30DS!!! YAY!! :)
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    L1D1 Done! My legs are absolutely jello!! I really hope I can survive tomorrow. Maybe I can get in a brisk walk before tomorrow's workout to hopefully ease some of the soreness. That felt pretty brutal. I'm excited to see how I feel after day 7. Hopefully I'll feel an improvement. Took my Day 1 picture so I can hopefully SEE progress from week to week and not get discouraged.

6/13/11:
    Weight: 143.8
    Bust: 36"
    Waist: 32"
    Low waist: 38"
    Hips: 39"
    Thighs: 25"
  • alys_in_wonderland
    alys_in_wonderland Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a total newbie round here: could someone give me the heads up on this? I love a bit of exercise so am definitely up for giving it a go!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    255 calories burned doing the Shred..426 calories burned walking with baby Sophia =681 calories burned and a HAPPY MOMMY!!!!Feeling AMAZING!!! Missed 3 days this weekend so I am starting at Day 5 level 1.......DONE!!!!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just bought this yesterday! Though it may kill me, I'll be starting it tonight AND I have my session with my trainer in the AM. Good times!
  • jme1282
    jme1282 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm a newbie too! I've just been using the MFP to track my meals for the 17 Day Diet and haven't really posted in the boards.
    I've decided to start the 30 Day Shred tonight after work. Do any of you guys do additional workouts with this?? In the past, I did several days of the Shred and know it kicks your butt....so I wouldn't want to do any more cardio or strength training stuff. I was thinking about doing yoga also, just to stretch the muscles a bit.
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jamie - as far as additional workouts - I am doing some jogging a couple days a week and tennis, so more cardio for me!

Here are my starting measurements.
    5'4" 139 lbs.
    bust 37"
    natural waist 32.5"
    around navel 35.5"
    hips 36.5"
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So.... I've just put my daughter to bed, I'm going to quickly tidy the house and then stick the DVD on. Mega nervous about how hard it's going to be!

I'm really not in the mood for it, I've had a tough day at work, eaten like a pig and my daughter is cutting two teeth and has been draining me all afternoon, but I'm determined to grin and bear it.

Hopefully I'll be back on in an hour or so to tell you how I found it!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete. My hamstrings and triceps hurt, but I'm not doing too bad all things considered. 28 more days to go!
  • Boooie
    Boooie Posts: 110
    Options
    Day one done followed it with zumba toning woop woooop :)
  • skinnysunshinexox
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new here and would love to join this thread! I was planning on starting the 30DS today also. I just dug it out of storage, I think the most I've ever done is 3 days in a row! :S
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! I can barely hold my iPhone up to write this!!

I'm so exhausted, although it wasn't *quite* as horrible as I thought it would be. Those side lunges with dumbbell raises are pure EVIL

Well done to everyone who's shredded today :flowerforyou:
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Done and i have to say although i felt like i was dying during it wasnt as hard as i thought (i think i had convinced myself i wouldnt be able to complete it at all)

But i am definitely going to have to invest in a sports bra and some weights instead of the tin cans of food i used today.

Any fellow shredders feel free to add me :smile:
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just bought one today too so I will definitely join in tonight. Hope this DVD works!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! I can barely hold my iPhone up to write this!!

I'm so exhausted, although it wasn't *quite* as horrible as I thought it would be. Those side lunges with dumbbell raises are pure EVIL

Well done to everyone who's shredded today :flowerforyou:

YES! They killed me! and I was using 5lb weights for them - keep in mind I have limp noodles for arms! OUCH!

I'm starting to feel it when I climb the stairs! YIKES!