Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Then tonight I sit down to log my food (which I haven't done all day) and chat with you ladies and suddenly my DD is screaming. So I go running out, hubby is holding her while she's standing up. Her face is bright red and has that determined look on her face. The poor girl is grunting and crying and screaming and lastly puking because she's trying so hard. I lay her down on the floor to try to "help" her and by the time I take her soiled pjs off she's smiling and cooing and sticking her tongue out. I checked her diaper and sure enough a nice round little ball just big enough to make a 5 month old scream bloody murder.
    Oh what a day. So now I must enter my food and then find dessert!

I totally understand a cry baby who is trying to go potty!!! My 6 year had years of this trouble. He is now on miralax and is doing much better. But if we ever forget a dose he has trouble again. I hope one day he learns to eat good food and fiber. Right now its a struggle to get him to eat what I make for dinner.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Then tonight I sit down to log my food (which I haven't done all day) and chat with you ladies and suddenly my DD is screaming. So I go running out, hubby is holding her while she's standing up. Her face is bright red and has that determined look on her face. The poor girl is grunting and crying and screaming and lastly puking because she's trying so hard. I lay her down on the floor to try to "help" her and by the time I take her soiled pjs off she's smiling and cooing and sticking her tongue out. I checked her diaper and sure enough a nice round little ball just big enough to make a 5 month old scream bloody murder.

I totally understand a cry baby who is trying to go potty!!! My 6 year had years of this trouble. He is now on miralax and is doing much better. But if we ever forget a dose he has trouble again. I hope one day he learns to eat good food and fiber. Right now its a struggle to get him to eat what I make for dinner.

My 6 yr old has the same problem UGH! He's been on Miralax for about 2 1/2 months now. We are seeing a difference but like you said if you miss a dose...TROUBLE. We've been struggling with it for about 3 years now. It doesn't seem to matter how much water or fiber he has, if we don't give him his medicine it's tears in the toilet :sad:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

How much cheese do your six year olds eat? I had trouble with one of mine years ago, and we tied it to cheese sticks-- those mozzarella, twisted cheese snacks. Yummy and healthy, but very binding. Food for thought-- pun intended.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Ugh. If I hear the word "potty" one more time this week, I'm going to run out of my house screaming. My 3yo finally figured out how to poop on the potty (which is wonderful, don't get me wrong) and it is a circus show in here every half hour. How that child has so much poop in him, I may never know. Then the 2yo wants to see, then the dog comes in, then the baby crawls in, then Z is agruing with me about the fact that he wants to wash his hands BEFORE he wipes, then M is screaming, "BYE POO BYE POO BYE POO" while I'm trying to convince Z to let me do it....

anyone have good ideas on how to get him to sit there longer & get it ALL out before getting up? I've tried books, I've tried rewards for sitting for X amount of minutes...something I just have to work through?

Welcome to the group new mommy!
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Good morning!!!!:flowerforyou:

I am having my first weigh in today......nervous:huh: Hoping for some kind of result. What do you all do before you weigh in that day??
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Well I lost 5 lbs!!! I am so excited:bigsmile: I have only been dieting since Monday!!!!! I did it today because Tanya on her wanted to start weigh in together and she picked Friday!!!! Either way I am so happy!!!:love: Thanks to everyone here who has supported me and help encourage me!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!!:flowerforyou:

I am having my first weigh in today......nervous:huh: Hoping for some kind of result. What do you all do before you weigh in that day??

First thing in the morning, naked, after bathroom, before eating.

Congrats on the loss! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I have a question!! I am so worried about weekends that I won't eat the best or give in to certain things. If I try my best put ease up on the weekend, but crack down on the weekdays will I still lose weight?? Anyone have the same troubles??
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Well I lost 5 lbs!!! I am so excited:bigsmile: I have only been dieting since Monday!!!!! I did it today because Tanya on her wanted to start weigh in together and she picked Friday!!!! Either way I am so happy!!!:love: Thanks to everyone here who has supported me and help encourage me!!!

That is great!!! WTG ...keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Ugh. If I hear the word "potty" one more time this week, I'm going to run out of my house screaming. My 3yo finally figured out how to poop on the potty (which is wonderful, don't get me wrong) and it is a circus show in here every half hour. How that child has so much poop in him, I may never know. Then the 2yo wants to see, then the dog comes in, then the baby crawls in, then Z is agruing with me about the fact that he wants to wash his hands BEFORE he wipes, then M is screaming, "BYE POO BYE POO BYE POO" while I'm trying to convince Z to let me do it....

anyone have good ideas on how to get him to sit there longer & get it ALL out before getting up? I've tried books, I've tried rewards for sitting for X amount of minutes...something I just have to work through?

Sara, you will love this...when Parker is pooping on the potty and he is sitting there (forever!!!!) I will ask him if he is almost done. He will then reply w/ "no, mommy...I still have 3 poops left". Of course, the number of poops changes:tongue: The first time he had loose stools and was sitting there I about died...he exclaimed "well, that was different!!!". I hope the potty party starts to die down soon!
  • gottaluvboyz
    Options
    Supermom...sending you lots of (((hugs))) and prayers.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options

Sara, you will love this...when Parker is pooping on the potty and he is sitting there (forever!!!!) I will ask him if he is almost done. He will then reply w/ "no, mommy...I still have 3 poops left". Of course, the number of poops changes:tongue: The first time he had loose stools and was sitting there I about died...he exclaimed "well, that was different!!!". I hope the potty party starts to die down soon!
    Congrats, mrsbuzz on the weight loss this week! I had one too! I kind of expected it though since my body is returning to normal now. I lost about 4 pounds! Whoo hoo!
    3BB I think you will just have to work through the pooping thing. My friend's on did the same thing for awhile. I would think he would get tired of it. Alex goes some and then says "need to poop some more". He has a lot of problems with not being able to go. I have to keep prunes in his diet. Thankfully he likes them! He can't eat cheese, and he has oatmeal every morning almost, but he still has problems going. He's been acting scared to go lately. I guess it hurt once or twice.
    I am doing okay now. I have actually found that talking about the miscarriage seems to help. The reason it seems to help is because somehow I automatically start talking about how God has been my Rock and His grace and mercy to get me through it all. I then find myself encouraged! I know I will still have days but it will get better.
    I am going to the library today to get a Russian language book! I don't have the slightest idea when I will have time to read it but I would like to start learning. If we adopt a child old enough to talk I'd like to know if she's telling me she has to go potty (sorry 3BB I said it!) or is hungry. :laugh:
    Oh and Alex has a chest cough. :brokenheart: I hate it when he's sick (as all mom's do) but he is on antivirals so maybe it won't last as long or get that bad.
    I'm done chatting now.
    Welcome to the new mommies on here! It's a fun and helpful board!
    You all have a good day today!
    MM
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Omigosh you ladies with your poop stories had coffee coming out my nose!:laugh: I sure do miss those times:cry: My oldest turns 19 on Tues and my youngest will turn 14 the following Monday. Then my stepson will be 16 in April. Certainly not little guys anymore:noway:
    Well, I had my surgery yesterday morning and as it turns out, it IS my LAST one!:drinker: I have to do the every 6 mos check up thing, but Im praying and doing everything I can to keep this cancer BEAT this time!:happy: This is twice in 7 yrs that I have beaten it, so Im really happy about that!:heart: I still have stitches in 3 places (all in the abdomen/obliques area) so I have to take it a bit easy for the next couple of weeks:ohwell: but all in all I am fine...no, more than that...I am GREAT!:drinker: No more surgery, no more chemo...I am THRILLED!:heart:
    Welcome to all the new moms here, Im sure you will love it and find it as warm and supportive as I do:flowerforyou:
    Take care everyone and have a wonderful Friday:drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Big hugs,
    ~Roni
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone (y'all are crazy on here!) or even to read through. It's been a nightmare week, and I haven't been able to be on here very much. I just read the last couple posts, and thought maybe I would have something to contribute.

MM - I studied Russian language in college, and am attempting to teach Darrell Russian as well. We found a CD program that you can listen to (one of those hear and repeat things) and we listen to it in the car. Darrell actually speaks in Russian sometimes (maybe that's why I can't understand him well! Baby English is one thing, baby Russian an entirely different thing :bigsmile: ) Sometimes the books can be very confusing if you don't know anything about Slavic languages (not saying you don't, you might know more than I do, but they can be confusing) but the CDs work with pronunciation and cultural idioms and things that may be more useful. The books (in my experience) deal more with how to WRITE Russian which is useful, but you probably won't want to write a note to your little girl every time you want to ask her a question. Just a little suggestion!!!

And good luck on the potty sideshow, 3BB! We're not there yet, and I am NOT looking forward to it.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord, Roni! I'm so glad you are done with your surgeries and can now be on the mend for good! That's wonderful news!
    Loki, I am pretty sure my DH got a CD set from the library and learned from that. He also got a book and I think it had a CD with it. A CD would be so much easier for me to do, because I can do other things while listening to it. Thanks for bringing that up because it reminded me. Now I need to call DH, so I know which one to look for. Since Alex copies everything we have found he can speak any language and very well. :laugh: One day at the park there were people next to us speaking Hindi and he was copying them. :blushing: Kind of embarrassing but funny. When DH practices or listens to Russian, Alex repeats the words very well! He doesn't know what he's saying but its cute anyway!
    MM
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Too much cows milk will do this also, My nice has this problem.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Wow am I behind!

Broadwayhippy86 - Welcome! My daughter Harley is 4 months old too! She was born September 3rd. When was your little one born?

Sara - Sorry about the p-word. Luckily mine is still in diapers so she likes to fill her diaper while sitting on my lap and smiling at me. So no potty yet. Though my little dog has pooped on the floor 3 or 4 times in the last week. :grumble: So I still deal with poop.

Roni - Yea! Good luck recovering. Just think - not having to do any ab workouts is just a bonus!

MM - I love how positive you are! That's awesome!

I haven't posted much lately. So forgive me if I forgot anybody!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies,

My 2 cents on the potty issue, *Juicy Juice* that has seem to help in our house cause my kids go through A LOT of cheese sticks and milk so I try and make sure I give Elizabeth at least 1 cup of Juicy Juice a day.

3BB ---Sorry to hear you are having to deal with the bathroom party like that hope it gets better for you soon.

My morning well I woke up this morning to about 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground:noway: :ohwell: though school would be delayed but NOPE, so I had to drive them and our roads were crappy:grumble: . DH has a doctor's appointment later this morning and I will be going with him to make sure he does something about his blood pressure, he is on med's for it but they haven't been keeping it down lately so I think it is time to change meds but he is ignoring the hole fact of it.:grumble: Hopeing the kids stay in school all day also, they say the wind is suppose to pick up and then we will have drifting snow and if they let school out early it makes it a mess for me cause I won't be around to get them and then I have to try and find someone to pick them up from school. Ok I am rambling now sorry. I need to go get some breakfast. Hope everyone has a good day and I will return later. Thank you for all the support ladies you are a wonderful bunch of mommies to talk with.

{{HUGS}}:flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It's my potty and I'll cry if I want to!! HAhahahaha Sorry Sara I had to do it!
    Marla thanks for the cheesy though (ha pun intended) but my son doesn't eat a lot of cheese. 3 years ago when this all started that may have been the case but now it's just his body doesn't recognize when he needs to go because of the internal damage that has been done.
    Roni-YIPPEE!!! So happy for you. Hope you heal quickly so you can get back to your workouts. And lets pray this is forever the last of surgeries and chemo.

It's a lovely day here. All of our snow has melted (again) and if it's warm enough this afternoon (meaning 45 or above) I'm going to bundle up the baby and go for a walk. I so miss my afternoon walks. Is it Spring yet?

It's time to workout, Hope you all have a lovely day.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Roni- congrats on the recovery!!! I wish you nothing but the best and my prayers are with you.

Well it's been a long morning. I keep eating, but I am hungry right after I eat what is the deal?? I have been trying to eat small, but good things here and there. I am HUNGRY1!!!!! I just want to eat a whole bowl of pasta or somthing to be full. Will that get better????

Hope everyone is having a great day. Just watching the snow falling right now. Ya snow!!!! not!!!