Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession, day 2 of 369 days until my marathon, I did nothing. I went to bed early with a cold and didn't work out at all. I did take copious amounts of zinc (thinking of Kelly).

Today is supposed to be day 2 of my half marathon training plan. I'm going to end up skipping it because I've had real work to do today, I have a holiday get together tonight, and it smurfing gets dark at 5 PM!

ETA: I forgot all about the birthday celebration I'm decorating for after work today!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I confess that I really hope TK gets me a romantic and meaningful Christmas (and birthday for that matter) gift. I don't have anything specific in mind, just something that he put some thought into that shows he cares. He did well last year with a necklace and earrings. I also confess that I don't know if I should remind him my birthday is coming up or not. I will not but it may come up when talking about our day - the kids and I will celebrate it while TK is traveling.

Nothing wrong with that :) I confess I'm hoping for something romantic and meaningful from SO as well <3

My husband is not really good at that kind of gift giving. Last year I got new pots and pans and the year before it was a Keurig. Appreciated gifts for sure, but romantic gestures they are not.

Mine bought me a KitchenAid mixer the other day. I said, oh good and early Christmas gift. He told me he knew better than to get me anything like that for Christmas, even if I asked for it.

I actually like practical gifts. I don't like little baubles that end up collecting dust in the back of some drawer like jewelry or little figurines or anything. When I had started trying to lose weight, I got a fancy scale from Mr. Susie. When I was studying for my GED, I got a bunch of different GED books as a gift. The kind of gift I can use is the best kind. :)

That's the thing. I totally wanted that for Christmas. I don't wear much jewelry because of my job and I just don't wear it out of habit. I don't like gifts that I am afraid will just sit. His taste in jewelry isn't that great, so I try to guide if he is going to buy, but I don't need it.

My husband always asks if I want jewelry but I wear the same thing every day (all gifts from him, anyway) so I don't really want or need more. I'm boring but I like it that way. I have a pretty pair of black pearl earrings he gave me once that are perfect for me but I only wear them every few months because I habitually wear the same pair of plain sleeper-style hoops every day, and I think it's kind of a waste to own any more stuff if I'm never going to wear it.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love my waist length hair but I just made an appointment to get about six inches cut off. Torn thoughts

Aw what made you decide to do that? I bet it'll still be gorgeous!

Thanks! I think it looks pretty and healthy but I think a little bit shorter looks a little bit better on me. It is so very fine and straight that it looks a little more lush a little shorter because I do have a bit of layering added in for movement. If I change my mind I can grow it back out and I am leaving it pretty long (mid-back) I have gone from extremely short (1.5 inches) to waist length. It also gets in the way a lot and a little shorter is a little less hair I have to keep track of when I am dealing with power tools, chemical reactions, and so on. I live in a pony tail most of the time and even that pony tail was getting in my way. I do, however, love it when I wear it straight down. I will talk to my stylist. She is extremely fashionable and will make sure I get something that is very attractive. I have also thought of some color but I like its natural color (dirty blonde? Honey brown?) just fine.

I'm sure it will be great! Mine is in that ponytails-all-day-every-day length too right now and I am thinking I might need a real haircut soon too because it drives me crazy and it's so much care. It's nice on the one time per month I wear it down but then I just end up getting annoyed when it catches on my clothes and chairs and stuff.

And I think I'd call yours "honey blonde" and get the best of both worlds, haha. I hate "dirty blonde" as a phrase as I don't think dark blonde looks dirty at all. Your colour is very pretty and I wish mine leaned more that way and less yellow-y, but I'm trying not to colour it and even that purple shampoo doesn't help so I'm stuck with it.

I think your hair is a very pretty color and have since your first pictures here. I think my long hair bothers me most rolling over in bed or when I am driving and it gets caught behind my back so that when I make a movement with my head I pull my hair. I do know that the in-between length drives me nuts. It has to be jaw length or shorter or arm-pit length or longer. When the ends of my hair touch my neck I can't stand it. :neutral:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Confession, day 2 of 369 days until my marathon, I did nothing. I went to bed early with a cold and didn't work out at all. I did take copious amounts of zinc (thinking of Kelly).

Today is supposed to be day 2 of my half marathon training plan. I'm going to end up skipping it because I've had real work to do today, I have a holiday get together tonight, and it smurfing gets dark at 5 PM!

ETA: I forgot all about the birthday celebration I'm decorating for after work today!

Have fun at the birthday celebration!

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

This!

Also, I think it's funny that people think of me when talking about Zinc now! :)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I've been eating a lot of broccoli and cauliflower everyday. I have the worst worst gas, but I have no plans to stop because it's filling and lo cal. :s

I feel the same way since I've been eating broccoli & black beans. Watch out everyone I'm going to blow it up.

*backs away slowly*

I LOST IT :D

Ahahaha. Luckily my gas isn't as bad lately.

Someone told me to take charcoal tablets for gas, I haven't researched it yet, never even heard of them. Anyone?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

This!

Also, I think it's funny that people think of me when talking about Zinc now! :)

You should buy shares in zinc lozenges, I bet they're going to have a big jump in sales! :grin:
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Now that my tenant is gone and the house is empty, I have to check on it pretty well every day. The other day as I walked through I said "Hello, House!" then immediately got all freaked out that something/someone was going to answer :grimace:

Hahaha did it echo?!

There is a bit of an echo, which does add to the creepiness.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Let's see... a confession... I used to steal money from my sisters, put it in the couch and pretend I 'found' it when I was little. Of course when I was finding $$$ every day, my parents figured it out. Kids are so dumb.

That's hilarious Patricia!

My sister used to hit herself & start crying & then I would get in trouble at the babysitter. The one day the babysitter seen her hit herself (we were in the living room) from a mirror in her hallway. She finally got busted haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    While waiting in line to pay for my coffee every morning at our work cafeteria, I look at you, I look at what you are buying to eat, and I judge you...but silently, and then I move on...

I like to look at and secretly judge people's shopping carts while in line a the grocery store :innocent:

The only time I judged someone while being a cashier was a lady who bought around $300.00-$400.00 on Easter Candy with their Food Stamp card. Normally I couldn't careless what people buy with their Access cards, but that ticked me off! That money could've went to people who were desperately in need for more nourishing meals & some junk food. If she would've bought a reasonable amount of candy I wouldn't have thought anything of it, because her kids could then get a special treat.

I like to look at people's carts too, but at the same time I know people look at mine haha when I buy 3-4 ice creams.

I have that if my 9 year old is with me when I buy ice cream, I get less judgmental looks from people. I did have a woman ask me how I eat ice cream and stay skinny not too long ago. "if I get one bowl before my teenagers find it, it's a miracle," I said.
    It's the 4 bags of chips that I buy weekly for the boys' lunches that really get me the judgmental looks though. One woman even said something about them. The manager was running a register, looked at her and said, "not that her food is your decision, but she has 4 kids and none of them like the same flavor." I have been shopping there for a long long time for the cashiers to know that...

Edit: " I have FOUND that..."

I always secretly laugh to myself when I buy 6 bags of carrots, 10 bags of animal crackers, 6 cans of progresso soup, a bunch of water and then maybe a card or something. Or last night when I bough 20 bags of starlight mints at target. Yes, 20. Its hard to find those big bags and the horses go through a LOT of mints!

<3! Your one horse wanted to eat the whole bag :D.

All 20 of them if I let them!

I love that they eat mints & animal crackers. Is there any food that they turn their nose up to?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I feel embarrassed when I go to the gym. I just feel like everybody is doing their thing well, while I'm there on the treadmill looking like a duck on drugs or something.

It's stupid, but that's how I feel.

I just tell myself it is ok for me to look a mess (or whatever) while I am getting in shape. I give myself permission to look weird and make faces and get sweaty because it pays off in the end.

ETA - I hope that helps you feel better. I am sure you look fine on the treadmill but really, who really cares what you look like, the great thing is that you are doing something good for you. :smiley:

This! Don't feel embarrassed, because everyone starts out as a novice when it comes to fitness & health. I would hope most people would be at the gym to workout & not criticize make fun of other people for trying to better their health.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I have actually mixed a spoonful of the powder with a spoonful of peanut butter and eaten that.

I've done that too.

@kelly_c_77

I actually tried some of the peanut butter & powdered sugar on Monday & it wasn't too bad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Now that my tenant is gone and the house is empty, I have to check on it pretty well every day. The other day as I walked through I said "Hello, House!" then immediately got all freaked out that something/someone was going to answer :grimace:

Creepy. Almost like The Grinch talking in his cave & it echoing. "Hello! How are you?"
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

This!

You should buy shares in zinc lozenges, I bet they're going to have a big jump in sales! :grin:

Thinking about it...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I actually enjoy planning and setting up the Elf on a Shelf each night...but I make it seem like a burden when I discuss it with my wife...shhhhhh....

qk9xgghs701j.jpeg

@rungirl1973 this picture still cracks me up.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Let's see... a confession... I used to steal money from my sisters, put it in the couch and pretend I 'found' it when I was little. Of course when I was finding $$$ every day, my parents figured it out. Kids are so dumb.

My sister used to hit herself & start crying & then I would get in trouble at the babysitter. The one day the babysitter seen her hit herself (we were in the living room) from a mirror in her hallway. She finally got busted haha.

What a little stinker! Why didn't you ever tell on her?
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I have actually mixed a spoonful of the powder with a spoonful of peanut butter and eaten that.

I've done that too.

@kelly_c_77

I actually tried some of the peanut butter & powdered sugar on Monday & it wasn't too bad.

"wasn't too bad"?? Really? That's it? I thought it was amazing!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

What a little stinker! Why didn't you ever tell on her?

I'm sure I did, but I was just as mischievous as her, so she probably thought I was lying.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I actually enjoy planning and setting up the Elf on a Shelf each night...but I make it seem like a burden when I discuss it with my wife...shhhhhh....

qk9xgghs701j.jpeg

@rungirl1973 this picture still cracks me up.

I must live in a bubble. First time I ever saw/heard of Elf on a Shelf was in Target last year. I have to say, I thought it was a bit creepy. Not as Creepy as this picture though.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I gained 10 pounds over the holidays but never adjusted my current weight in MFP. I've lost 5 pounds of it already but technically I should have recorded it.

I gained eight and never logged it either. I only log losses and will only continue to do so if I feel like it has stuck around too long. I am on track to be back to pre-Thanksgiving weight by late February.

This is me ^^^