Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You girls are certainly inspirational and will done to you all.
    @LadyKT if you let us know what sort of equipment you have available someone might be able to give you some ideas. I have done SL with dumbbells before I was able to use barbell and rack. I know the Eat, Train, progress thread has some ideas on how to train with just dumbbells.
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have powerblocks and the powerblock barbell.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That's a type of dumbbell? There's a post called barbells routines when you only have dumbbells in the EAT, Train progress thread which has wonderful ideas that might help you out depending on how heavy your weights go. I only changed from dumbbells to barbell and rack last week and only had db to 14kg and it took me over 6months before I outgrew them.
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm only a month in
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    christch wrote: »
    That's a type of dumbbell? There's a post called barbells routines when you only have dumbbells in the EAT, Train progress thread which has wonderful ideas that might help you out depending on how heavy your weights go. I only changed from dumbbells to barbell and rack last week and only had db to 14kg and it took me over 6months before I outgrew them.

Looked for this thread, couldn't find it. Could you direct me? Thanks!
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    It's not easy but it's not impossible!
  • liftingwateringcan
    liftingwateringcan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    christch wrote: »
    I only changed from dumbbells to barbell and rack last week and only had db to 14kg and it took me over 6months before I outgrew them.

Thanks!
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my question! :)
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
  • Ct268
    Ct268 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Valdolen
    Valdolen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! You've all been super inspiring and three weeks ago I started doing weight training instead of cardio(: I haven't noticed anything asthetically different with myself, but I've noticed my muscles feel harder and I am going up the weights super fast. I love how weight training makes me feel powerful and capable of things. I'm doing things in my everyday life that I normally don't because my mindset has become "if I can lift so-and-so pounds, then I can do this!"

But I do have a question. I'm at 1300 calories a day and I don't know if I should be eating 'clean' with the deficit or just eating normally with the deficit. Or would flexible eating be better? What works for you guys? I don't eat horribly all the time but I do love bread and pasta. I just want some input(:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Valdolen - in my opinion you have to find what works for you and what you can stick to. Of course eating 80% of your lean mass in grams of protein is the best. Cutting out processed foods and sugar really helps me to lose weight. You need the protein to build or maintain muscle. I find that I would binge if I do not have my trigger foods when I really want them. I am not doing this to become a bodybuilder. There would be a different answer if that were the case. I am 58 years old and I am doing this as a sustainable life time plan. Good luck!
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for this thread.

I started Strong Lifts in Aug of this year, and I love it. I'm on stage 4 and just kinda got stalled. I have not been progressing in adding weight, I got sick for about a week, and just bleh. This is the kick in the pants I need!

I
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Isca_1 wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for this thread.

I started Strong Lifts in Aug of this year, and I love it. I'm on stage 4 and just kinda got stalled. I have not been progressing in adding weight, I got sick for about a week, and just bleh. This is the kick in the pants I need!
    I

Do you have the app? Have you done a deload? Do you have fractional weights? I use my wrist and ankle weights so that I can increase by 1-2 pounds when it gets too heavy to go by 5 pounds. Good luck!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Valdolen wrote: »
    Hey ladies! You've all been super inspiring and three weeks ago I started doing weight training instead of cardio(: I haven't noticed anything asthetically different with myself, but I've noticed my muscles feel harder and I am going up the weights super fast. I love how weight training makes me feel powerful and capable of things. I'm doing things in my everyday life that I normally don't because my mindset has become "if I can lift so-and-so pounds, then I can do this!"

But I do have a question. I'm at 1300 calories a day and I don't know if I should be eating 'clean' with the deficit or just eating normally with the deficit. Or would flexible eating be better? What works for you guys? I don't eat horribly all the time but I do love bread and pasta. I just want some input(:

@Valdolen eat in a sustainable fashion. If you choose to eat "clean" then do that. If you want to eat what you want, making sure you get in you vitamins, minerals, and macros, then do that. (BTW, clean eating is just a buzz word that means something different to everyone. Also, there is nothing wrong with bread and pasta as long as those items aren't putting you over your calorie goal.)
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting is the best! You all look awesome ladies!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Started logging and Stronglifts almost 3 weeks ago. I've taken some before picks and plan on taking more every month. Hope to post a before and after in a few months :) thanks for the inspiration!