• anacapenados
    anacapenados Posts: 13 Member
    totaly inspired
  • lindamarierita
    lindamarierita Posts: 11 Member
    AWESOME!
  • JesmineDNCS
    JesmineDNCS Posts: 41 Member
    Fantastic story. What an inspiration you are.....and love how you fit everything into your schedule too!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    You look amazing! I'm in the same boat right now!
  • springbaby1993
    springbaby1993 Posts: 3 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

This is great!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Super wow! You've done amazing! How awesome that you compete. Very inspirational!
  • awesome!!
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    All I can say is "WOW"
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    This is one of my favorite stories on this site! Congrats on all your successes but most importantly for learning to love yourself. Inspirational.
  • michellenella7
    michellenella7 Posts: 19 Member
    You look amazing X
  • April_Chicken
    April_Chicken Posts: 19 Member
    Wow, so inspiring!!! I was just reading about how much time people spend working out and how often thinking "when am I going to find time to do all this?" and then I read your story. Single mom, 2 kids to take care of is a full time job and you found the time.
    I can too...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Wow, so inspiring!!! I was just reading about how much time people spend working out and how often thinking "when am I going to find time to do all this?" and then I read your story. Single mom, 2 kids to take care of is a full time job and you found the time.
    I can too...

@April_Chicken I am lucky that I have a job that is okay with me taking the full lunch hour offsite. I might have done okay if I only had evenings and weekends, but having flexibility to workout on my lunch hour helped significantly.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    You Rock!
  • aliaslocke
    aliaslocke Posts: 19 Member
    I can too...

@April_Chicken I am lucky that I have a job that is okay with me taking the full lunch hour offsite. I might have done okay if I only had evenings and weekends, but having flexibility to workout on my lunch hour helped significantly.
    I can too...

Just wanted to say that you look gorgeous in your pin up picture! Hopefully that doesn't sound too creepy.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss! You look amazing. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Amazing transformation ! Wow!
    You are an inspiration to me also.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Amazing! Great work, a destructive relationship is hard so great job on turning it all around. Especially as a single mom and disabled vet!
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Wow! Nice job, you look great!
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how do u get taller?????? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how do u get taller?????? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Taller? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I've been the same height since I was 16. Not all those pictures were taken from the same angle or in the same place.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!