Replies

• Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump

• triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I go to the chiropractor frequently now because of pain in my tail bone, knee and heel. He tells me that as I have been losing weight, the body needs to adjust to the new shape and the muscles need to be developed to pull the frame into the right position. I have been strengthening the muscles and I am hopeful that it will get better over time, but it still hurts. I would suggest maybe checking with a chiropractor too, in case they can help.
    Bluejedi79 wrote: »
    You'll develop foot problems from losing weight-yep. 3 podiatrists have told me my chronic plantar fasciitis has developed from my weight loss, thanks to how my gait has changed. Also I've stretched and injured the muscles in the keystone arch of my feet from simply getting off my bum and walking my dog about a mile a week (roughly a quarter mile a day)

I can't win! :)

I had plantar fasciitis before I lost weight. Along with heel spurs in both feet and a falling arch. After losing weight, I can no longer wear the orthotics the podiatrist sold me because they make my knee hurt. I assumed my gait had changed and I'm glad to hear that that actually does happen. Walking differently is definitely not something people talk about when discussing weight loss.

I'm sorry it caused your issues though. That bites.

• triddering
    Options
    That is so true! I have now lost 70 lbs and that is a full, max weighted, airline suitcase plus a carry on suitcase! I now get overwhelmed at the thought of carrying that!
    Machka9 wrote: »
    When you're at the gym and lift a dumbbell matching your weight loss (just for the purpose of feeling what that much weight feels like) and you say to yourself "Holy Crap! That's heavy!".

I was lugging 15 litre jugs of water around on the weekend and thinking how heavy those things are ... I've lost 25 kg, so almost 2 of those. Hard to imagine!! No wonder I was having difficulties climbing hills.

• triddering
    Options
    *How obsessed you will get with workout clothes
    *How addictive endurance sports can be
    *How amazing it feels to get rid of your old clothes

Yes, yes and yes! I keep buying track pants and monitoring the prices. I even bought e next size down as "goal pants"!
    I love getting impressed at being able to do more than I previously could and adding new exercises as they get easier!
    I have a bin of larger clothes and I will go through a whole clothes trying-out session to put more things in there and pull out older small clothes that haven't fit in a long time!
  • triddering
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I walk quite a bit (steps adding to 5 miles a day) and work out on an elliptical. I am puzzled by how much thinner my thighs are! They are thinner than what they were when I was at this weight when my weight was going in the opposite direction (up rather than down as now). I just tried out an old pair of shorts that used to fit me nicely and they look horrible because my thighs are thinner and it looks like my legs are swimming in them!

I even discovered that I can cross my legs all the way so that my foot touches my calf! I couldn't even do that when I was at my goal weight when I was young and I am still 54lbs from my goal weight!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    nise82 wrote: »
    Love this! I just started and need to lose 40.. Only 2 so far. Hardest thing for me is giving up my wine:/

You can make the wine fit @nise82! I do! I would have a glass almost every day and I'm down 52 pounds!

I'm not drinking at this time in favor of black coffee and a cookie once in a while. :naughty:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I can dance now... IN HIGH HEELS!

I guess it was BIG FAT LIE I told myself that only people who are 'specially trained' can do it. :grin:
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Who would of guessed that when I'm feeling lazy and taking a day off from my fitness challenge that I set myself it's because it's just too easy and that I know I can catch up the next day!
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    It didn't occur to me that I'd have to buy smaller underwear. I was getting really annoyed thinking something was wrong with them when it occurred to me that they were just too big! Haha! Should have thought of that earlier but....what they hey
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    rhianna818 wrote: »
    kuwick1230 wrote: »
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They put your weight on your licence really that bloody invasive

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?

TX here. And no weight listed. But I did live in Louisiana and they put it on there.

Weight on your license is not standard in Canada. It's a provincial decision. Manitoba doesn't do it.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That I am still incredulous of my weight/size losses. I have these little moments where I fit in old clothes of a smaller size I hadn't been able to even squeeze into before and then think well, this new thing I bought is 4 sizes bigger and tighter than the old thing, so it must not be true. I must still be the larger size...THEN i go back and remind myself that that dress/pants/etc. I have been wearing was a pipe dream even 20 lbs ago...
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I (barely) picked up a dog food bag that weighed 55 pounds, which is how much I've lost. Amazing. Also, I started a year ago with my fitbit. I've only lost a little over 20 pounds this year, but with all the working out I've gone from a size 16 to the size 10 jeans I bought 2 days ago. I haven't felt this good in my body for 40 years!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    I go to the chiropractor frequently now because of pain in my tail bone, knee and heel. He tells me that as I have been losing weight, the body needs to adjust to the new shape and the muscles need to be developed to pull the frame into the right position. I have been strengthening the muscles and I am hopeful that it will get better over time, but it still hurts. I would suggest maybe checking with a chiropractor too, in case they can help.
    Bluejedi79 wrote: »
    You'll develop foot problems from losing weight-yep. 3 podiatrists have told me my chronic plantar fasciitis has developed from my weight loss, thanks to how my gait has changed. Also I've stretched and injured the muscles in the keystone arch of my feet from simply getting off my bum and walking my dog about a mile a week (roughly a quarter mile a day)

I can't win! :)

I had plantar fasciitis before I lost weight. Along with heel spurs in both feet and a falling arch. After losing weight, I can no longer wear the orthotics the podiatrist sold me because they make my knee hurt. I assumed my gait had changed and I'm glad to hear that that actually does happen. Walking differently is definitely not something people talk about when discussing weight loss.

I'm sorry it caused your issues though. That bites.

This is something that I hadn't thought of before!
  • nise82
    nise82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    nise82 wrote: »
    Love this! I just started and need to lose 40.. Only 2 so far. Hardest thing for me is giving up my wine:/

You can make the wine fit @nise82! I do! I would have a glass almost every day and I'm down 52 pounds!

I'm not drinking at this time in favor of black coffee and a cookie once in a while. :naughty:

• nise82
    nise82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!