Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I'll confess, I look at the women, when I am on the treadmill, and I notice everything, they span of their back, the definition of their arms and shoulders and everything else.

I hardly ever notice what anyone else is doing. There are a few people I look for because they are always there when I am, but other than that, I stick to my workout. There is this one annoying girl that I notice because she leans on the squat rack to chat with her boyfriend, but she's in my way.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet and hopped on the scale this morning for the first time in like 2 and a half a weeks: 2 lb. gain. I'm strangely OK with this considering what and how much I've been shoving in my pie hole lately.

I was only up 1.2 pounds and very pleased. I ate a mountain of fudge over Christmas, plus other goodies. BACK AT IT!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Merry Christmas!

ETA: a confession. I ate all the food today at least 3 times.

Right there with you, Ceci. I am still stuffed this morning.
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess I ate wayyy too many peppermint sugar cookies yesterday, just because they were in my house. Of course I think I ate everything I had in my house.... :/ . But back at it today and onward and forward.

Peppermint sugar cookies? I love both peppermind and sugar cookies. They sound amazing together!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I bit the bullet and hopped on the scale this morning for the first time in like 2 and a half a weeks: 2 lb. gain. I'm strangely OK with this considering what and how much I've been shoving in my pie hole lately.

I was only up 1.2 pounds and very pleased. I ate a mountain of fudge over Christmas, plus other goodies. BACK AT IT!

I am up 3. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'll confess, I look at the women, when I am on the treadmill, and I notice everything, they span of their back, the definition of their arms and shoulders and everything else.

I hardly ever notice what anyone else is doing. There are a few people I look for because they are always there when I am, but other than that, I stick to my workout. There is this one annoying girl that I notice because she leans on the squat rack to chat with her boyfriend, but she's in my way.

I look at everyone. It keeps me entertained. But usually more at what they are doing (especially on the treadmill) rather than how they look.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I totally underestimated the difficulty of swimming and the athleticism of swimmers. I have been suffering from foot pain, and it has been driving me crazy being unable to do cardio, so I decided to start swimming. This morning, I showed up at the local rec center at 5am, chose a lane, and started doing laps. Most of the other swimmers were older than me, in their 50s and 60s, and didn’t appear to be in good shape.

I have always considered myself a good swimmer, but not in any technical way. I could always make it from point A to point B, and I scuba dive, so I thought I would be fine. However, as I swam this morning, I realized that I don’t really have any sort of breathing technique or stroke form, and started to get winded after just a few minutes. Meanwhile, my older, heavier fellow swimmers were efficiently churning out the laps without any visible effort. After a half hour, I was totally spent, and had to stop for fear of sinking in the deep end!

So the good news is, swimming is a great workout! The bad news is, I suck at it and need to get up to speed on my swimming competency, as this is just the starting point to what I hope will become an integral part of my fitness routine.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I totally underestimated the difficulty of swimming and the athleticism of swimmers. I have been suffering from foot pain, and it has been driving me crazy being unable to do cardio, so I decided to start swimming. This morning, I showed up at the local rec center at 5am, chose a lane, and started doing laps. Most of the other swimmers were older than me, in their 50s and 60s, and didn’t appear to be in good shape.

I have always considered myself a good swimmer, but not in any technical way. I could always make it from point A to point B, and I scuba dive, so I thought I would be fine. However, as I swam this morning, I realized that I don’t really have any sort of breathing technique or stroke form, and started to get winded after just a few minutes. Meanwhile, my older, heavier fellow swimmers were efficiently churning out the laps without any visible effort. After a half hour, I was totally spent, and had to stop for fear of sinking in the deep end!

So the good news is, swimming is a great workout! The bad news is, I suck at it and need to get up to speed on my swimming competency, as this is just the starting point to what I hope will become an integral part of my fitness routine.

Swimming is a good workout. My SO runs marathons and bikes up mountains and he found the same thing as you did. Technique and breathing are key. Kudos to taking on a new challenge.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

This is totally me! Swimming is HARD! I get tired too, and start to think I'm going to drown. I try to get the end lane so I can grab the edge of the pool, just in case.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Swimming is a good workout. My SO runs marathons and bikes up mountains and he found the same thing as you did. Technique and breathing are key. Kudos to taking on a new challenge.

Swimming kicked my butt when I started. The key is not to start out too fast, and to make sure you exhale all your breath on each stroke or you end up holding your breath a bit which can make you winded. Also, technique is key. I learned to swim for a long time (distance) without technique by building up to it, but then I took lessons and it made a big difference. Swimming is all technique. And is a great workout!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I look at everyone. It keeps me entertained. But usually more at what they are doing (especially on the treadmill) rather than how they look.

I do too. Not to judge, but because people watching is fun. I've learned how to work different machines at the gym by observing, and gotten some new ideas for exercises. The only time I judge is if they're doing something obviously dumb and dangerous.

Like the guy who stacked eight 45 pound plates on top of the calf raise machine :anguished: Don't do that. I will judge you for that.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I confess that I hate swimming, but I wish you the best at improving your technique!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I do too. Not to judge, but because people watching is fun. I've learned how to work different machines at the gym by observing, and gotten some new ideas for exercises. The only time I judge is if they're doing something obviously dumb and dangerous.

Like the guy who stacked eight 45 pound plates on top of the calf raise machine :anguished: Don't do that. I will judge you for that.

My husband stacked 6 the last time I saw him on the calf raise machine. Is that too much? (he had no trouble with the lift for 3 sets of 10)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

My husband stacked 6 the last time I saw him on the calf raise machine. Is that too much? (he had no trouble with the lift for 3 sets of 10)

But he put them on the correct holding pin, right? Not ON TOP of the machine.
  • Oberon21
    Options

So... I totally don't understand this....?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

I confess I ate wayyy too many peppermint sugar cookies yesterday, just because they were in my house. Of course I think I ate everything I had in my house.... :/ . But back at it today and onward and forward.

Peppermint sugar cookies? I love both peppermind and sugar cookies. They sound amazing together!

It's the premade cookie dough at the store. Pilsbury makes it. Much better than I expected it to be.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

It's the premade cookie dough at the store. Pilsbury makes it. Much better than I expected it to be.

I do not need to know this...
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Does this help?

k0t4c4x6c456.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess to being annoyed by a coworker trying to blame her mistakes on me.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

This is the type of calf raise machine I mean, it has a weight stack with a pin to select the weight you want, I think it goes over 200 pounds. He stacked the weight plates on top of the machine - on the part that moves when you press up! He wasn't even doing the movement correctly, which I think is the only reason the plates didn't fall off.

gdo4dej1w2wc.jpg

• quiksylver296
    edited December 2015
    Options

This is the type of calf raise machine I mean, it has a weight stack with a pin to select the weight you want, I think it goes over 200 pounds. He stacked the weight plates on top of the machine - on the part that moves when you press up! He wasn't even doing the movement correctly, which I think is the only reason the plates didn't fall off.

gdo4dej1w2wc.jpg

Either machine, YIKES!!! (I assumed the other, just because it's designed to take plates.)

ETA: And if he wants to do that much weight on a calf raise, he should probably be doing them on a box in the Smith machine...