Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'll confess, I look at the women, when I am on the treadmill, and I notice everything, they span of their back, the definition of their arms and shoulders and everything else.

I hardly ever notice what anyone else is doing. There are a few people I look for because they are always there when I am, but other than that, I stick to my workout. There is this one annoying girl that I notice because she leans on the squat rack to chat with her boyfriend, but she's in my way.

I look at everyone. It keeps me entertained. But usually more at what they are doing (especially on the treadmill) rather than how they look.

I do too. Not to judge, but because people watching is fun. I've learned how to work different machines at the gym by observing, and gotten some new ideas for exercises. The only time I judge is if they're doing something obviously dumb and dangerous.

Like the guy who stacked eight 45 pound plates on top of the calf raise machine :anguished: Don't do that. I will judge you for that.

My husband stacked 6 the last time I saw him on the calf raise machine. Is that too much? (he had no trouble with the lift for 3 sets of 10)

But he put them on the correct holding pin, right? Not ON TOP of the machine.

So... I totally don't understand this....?

This is the type of calf raise machine I mean, it has a weight stack with a pin to select the weight you want, I think it goes over 200 pounds. He stacked the weight plates on top of the machine - on the part that moves when you press up! He wasn't even doing the movement correctly, which I think is the only reason the plates didn't fall off.

Either machine, YIKES!!! (I assumed the other, just because it's designed to take plates.)

I realized after I saw your picture I hadn't been clear. My gym has both kinds, but the standing one was the one he was using. So yeah, he put weight plates on a machine that is clearly not designed for them! He's always doing weird things and hogging equipment, so he's not my favourite person there :neutral:
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I'll confess, I look at the women, when I am on the treadmill, and I notice everything, they span of their back, the definition of their arms and shoulders and everything else.

I hardly ever notice what anyone else is doing. There are a few people I look for because they are always there when I am, but other than that, I stick to my workout. There is this one annoying girl that I notice because she leans on the squat rack to chat with her boyfriend, but she's in my way.

I look at everyone. It keeps me entertained. But usually more at what they are doing (especially on the treadmill) rather than how they look.

I do too. Not to judge, but because people watching is fun. I've learned how to work different machines at the gym by observing, and gotten some new ideas for exercises. The only time I judge is if they're doing something obviously dumb and dangerous.

Like the guy who stacked eight 45 pound plates on top of the calf raise machine :anguished: Don't do that. I will judge you for that.

My husband stacked 6 the last time I saw him on the calf raise machine. Is that too much? (he had no trouble with the lift for 3 sets of 10)

So... I totally don't understand this....?

This is the type of calf raise machine I mean, it has a weight stack with a pin to select the weight you want, I think it goes over 200 pounds. He stacked the weight plates on top of the machine - on the part that moves when you press up! He wasn't even doing the movement correctly, which I think is the only reason the plates didn't fall off.

Ah, I have been on these before. And yes, I would judge someone doing what you are describing. That is nuts and dangerous!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

He did put them on the correct holding pin. If I can remember to take my phone upstairs, I will take a picture of our machine. It is a seated calf raise but there is only one pin in the front center of the machine.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess I am eating protein bars for breakfast and lunch so I can save my calories for Italian food with the coworkers after work.... :/

I confess I ate Christmas cookies for breakfast and am trying to make them fit into my day in reverse.

While we're confessing... I confess I ate Mexican pizza for breakfast and fried chicken for lunch. I also ate 3 cookies and am planning pork nachos for dinner.

I confess I am planning Rosa's Taco Tuesday for dinner.

I used to love Rosa's. I went there ALL the time in Odessa. Do they have one in Austin?! :flushed:

one in Austin on Slaughter, one in Round Rock and one in Cedar Park (the one we go to)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I confess I ate wayyy too many peppermint sugar cookies yesterday, just because they were in my house. Of course I think I ate everything I had in my house.... :/ . But back at it today and onward and forward.

I stopped counting at 8 cookies yesterday. Or maybe a more fair statement would be, I LOST count after 8 cookies yesterday.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I confess I ate wayyy too many peppermint sugar cookies yesterday, just because they were in my house. Of course I think I ate everything I had in my house.... :/ . But back at it today and onward and forward.

I stopped counting at 8 cookies yesterday. Or maybe a more fair statement would be, I LOST count after 8 cookies yesterday.

I have had one cookie today so far, hopefully I can stop at that and not binge on them.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I haven't been logging any food for a few weeks :grimace: I logged some yesterday, but not everything. Today I feel more motivated to log, but only because it's a "good" day. :smirk:

I don't think I'm doing this right...
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging any food for a few weeks :grimace: I logged some yesterday, but not everything. Today I feel more motivated to log, but only because it's a "good" day. :smirk:

Neither of us are. I've been doing the exact same thing. Except the day I started logging and didn't finish was Monday not yesterday. And I'm not having a "good" day today either. :neutral:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    FYI: If you have tomorrow off and keep telling people "see you next year" as you leave, that will never ever be funny.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    FYI: If you have tomorrow off and keep telling people "see you next year" as you leave, that will never ever be funny.

hehehe, I think it is.

I also like to say that I hate working here and I refuse to come back until next year. :innocent:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    HA! Maybe it's just the one lady in my office who has said it to every. single. person she's seen today who's annoying me.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    HA! Maybe it's just the one lady in my office who has said it to every. single. person she's seen today who's annoying me.

Ok, I agree that's a bit much.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

There! FTFY! :smirk:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    HA! Maybe It's just the one lady in my office who has said it to every. single. person she's seen today who's annoying me.

FTFY.

I would be highly annoyed too.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Also back on the wagon today. What I came to confess is that Santa brought our family a game called Pointing Fingers yesterday. You get points for guessing other people's answers to "have you ever..." and "would you ever..." questions. I confess to laughing so hard at the question, "Would you ever eat food from the trash?" that I had to tell my family about drowning peanut butter and throwing it away. @MoHousdon do I get a Bingo for that even though it happened offline?

Doesn't count if it's not in the thread! I am SUPER surprised I didn't get a BINGO game from POF for my SS gift. :smiley: She DID get me hot chocolate drink mix and wrote in my card to eat a spoonful if I ever need a chocolate fix. I enjoyed that! I tried to explain it to my family, but they just didn't get it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Also back on the wagon today. What I came to confess is that Santa brought our family a game called Pointing Fingers yesterday. You get points for guessing other people's answers to "have you ever..." and "would you ever..." questions. I confess to laughing so hard at the question, "Would you ever eat food from the trash?" that I had to tell my family about drowning peanut butter and throwing it away. @MoHousdon do I get a Bingo for that even though it happened offline?

Doesn't count if it's not in the thread! I am SUPER surprised I didn't get a BINGO game from POF for my SS gift. :smiley: She DID get me hot chocolate drink mix and wrote in my card to eat a spoonful if I ever need a chocolate fix. I enjoyed that! I tried to explain it to my family, but they just didn't get it.

That's hilarious!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm annoyed that my ex has a date for NYE & I don't. It's not because I want him back, though.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Ahh, that is awesome! Good one, Patricia!!

And I admit it, I say, "see you next year" on December 31st...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

oooh how could I not have thought of the BINGO game????

BTW did the shirts fit? After all your talk about your growing shoulders, I confess I am a bit worried.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

oooh how could I not have thought of the BINGO game????

BTW did the shirts fit? After all your talk about your growing shoulders, I confess I am a bit worried.

Yes, and I LOVE the UA one. I wore it for 2 days. :#