*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*

AlphaHowls
AlphaHowls Posts: 1,887 Member
edited December 2015 in Challenges
Instead of ringing in the new year, we are walking in the new year...

<3 !*! HAPPY NEW YEAR !*! <3

*!* JANUARY 2016 Walking Challenge *!*
This is continued from previous Monthly Walking Challenges, just starting off with a new year *YAY*. Each month has its own thread.
*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you cannot track distance (or do not want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you will be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise you are getting in. :)

Come back here and just post how far you walked, even if it was to the mailbox on a given day. The important thing is that you are moving and getting out (or if you walked in place in your basement to a video). Sometimes we need a little encouragement in order to do things in life.

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other. Remember, you can track by steps, distance (miles kilometers), time, etc.

RULES:
*no bullying
*no pressure
*just walking, dancing, stepping, snow shoeing if you like, hiking, anything to get you moving.
*just lace up the shoes and take a walk!

zfdqe7hmjvlr.gif

Replies

• sksastry
    sksastry Posts: 14 Member
    I am in
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    I just saw a January running challenge, and contemplated joining it, but I'm really not a runner. I do like to walk though so a quick search turned up this thread. I'm definitely in! I've been slowly getting back into MFP over the last week after months away, and I feel like I'm ready to tackle this new year. I may even go for a walk tomorrow!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm in!

Recovering from a two week cold that wiped me out over Christmas, so it'll be slow and steady. Hoping to work back up to 15k a day before the end of January.
  • tlg777
    tlg777 Posts: 2 Member
    This sounds great - I am in!
  • SpringBack20
    SpringBack20 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in too! Good luck everyone. Thanks for doing this!
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Hooray! Walking is my thing. :) Walking with the wii, walking with videos, walking along the river.
    Looking forward to playing with everyone!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,887 Member
    Groovy! So glad to have everyone! It is going to be an awesome new year!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'm in. :)
  • charen712
    charen712 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm ready to walk
  • MegMcB24
    MegMcB24 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in :) Is anyone going to be using a Fitbit to track their daily progress?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    MegMcB24 wrote: »
    I'm in :) Is anyone going to be using a Fitbit to track their daily progress?

I will! It reminds me of what I'm aiming for :-)
  • Loriapt
    Loriapt Posts: 14 Member
    I'm in: Sounds like a great Challenge to get everyone who's starting in Jan. 2016.

Can anyone tell me how to save or refine the community boards again. Happy New Years everyone!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    I'm in. Aiming for 100 miles in January 2016.
  • MomFLYer
    MomFLYer Posts: 47 Member
    I'm in too!
  • I'm in!! :smile:

I want to get back into cycling, but right now, I need to get my fitness level back to a much better place. Since walking's one of the best exercises out there, I'll start walking every day unless the weather's super bad. I love walking anyway, &, so, yeah! :smile:
  • Anliena
    Anliena Posts: 60 Member
    I'm in! Already started trying to walk every day again :)
  • melissarhagen
    melissarhagen Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in!!
  • I'm in too. I want to start walking the dog so this will help keep me on track!
  • Raylo2006
    Raylo2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Since spinal surgery in Sept walking is currently all I'm allowed to do, so I'm in!!!
  • kmanrique321
    kmanrique321 Posts: 271 Member
    I'm in!! I got a new Fitbit for Christmas & am loving it!! :-) Let's get busy walking!!