MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I resolve to accept new MFP friends more often even if they don't provide a message with their friend request like I ask in my profile. I was new once too, and maybe they don't know that my profile is available for them to read.

It doesn't help that you can't see any profiles of non-friends from the app
  • WigglexWigglexWiggle
    WigglexWigglexWiggle Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I want to be more active in the "community." I have a grand total of one friend and have been using this app on and off since 2011! On that note...add me and I'll probably accept!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    I resolve to be even more obnoxious when I see someone leave their cart in the parking lot when the cart return is only 10 feet away.

What do you do? lol. Unfortunately I never catch people in the act.

Run over them with the car???
    Tell them they are loosing it???
    ;)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    I, will continue, to sit, on my, hands and, not point, out, to one, particular, poster that her, comma, button is, stuck.

@HonuNui do you mean me? If so, I also; over use exclamation points, combine words (they'd instead of they would) & create paragraphs worth, of run on sentences!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    I, will continue, to sit, on my, hands and, not point, out, to one, particular, poster that her, comma, button is, stuck.

@HonuNui do you mean me? If so, I also; over use exclamation points, combine words (they'd instead of they would) & create paragraphs worth, of run on sentences!

I would be on the lookout for those, too, but I'm too busy sitting on my hands! ;)

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I shall not get irrationally irritated when i see posts titled "Anyone else tried x?" Or "Anyone else a _____?"

I will just roll my eyes and sarcastically say to my screen...."noooo....you're the ONLY one."

Those threads are not intentionally asking if they are the only person on this whole forum to do or be _____, i know. The way they are worded makes me irrationally irritated, regardless of the intent.

OMG me too! I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I will probably still think less of people if they reply to an OP without reading the other replies.

Sorry, not sorry.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I will probably still think less of people if they reply to an OP without reading the other replies.

Sorry, not sorry.

This depends upon how many pages, a thread is. I typically just comment, if I have less than 5 pages to read & try to avoid commenting in threads, that're over 3 months old because many of the people, might not even be here anymore but I just recently commented in the "MFP Forum Feedback" thread & that was over 40 pages, which I didn't read; all of.
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ive been known to leave the cart in the lot at aldi. I almost always have 3 kids ages 16months, 15months and 6 months with me. I can either leave them alone in the car to return the cart, or i can try to carry them all back to the car at once (not easy, lol!).

Your children really will be fine left in the car for the minute it takes you to return your trolley.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I will not silently mock and condemn college students who wait and wait to take the elevator DOWN one flight.

Hey, I used to do that as a grad student. Would run 2 or 3 miles daily in addition to doing some Denise Austin aerobics and REFUSE to take an extra step the rest of the day :smiley: Drove my classmates crazy
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Sorry, not sorry.

I'm sure your opinion of me must be in the gutter then @Orphia :bigsmile: because almost the only fun I now get out of foruming on MFP is thread bingo

read OP
    answer
    read up and see who I've agreed with, disagreed with and unconsciously insulted

since we are now devoid of any form of personality I must get my jollies somewhere

bitternotbitter
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Sorry, not sorry.

I'm sure your opinion of me must be in the gutter then @Orphia :bigsmile: because almost the only fun I now get out of foruming on MFP is thread bingo

read OP
    answer
    read up and see who I've agreed with, disagreed with and unconsciously insulted

since we are now devoid of any form of personality I must get my jollies somewhere

bitternotbitter

I almost created a thread titled, "Is there anyone else out there that purposely only reads the OP before commenting?"

I thought I was the only one. I'm glad to know I'm not.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I will not scold my Mom the next time she mentions the "5 foods you should never eat".
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I will 100% support every OP no matter the post….
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Sorry, not sorry.

Especially when the thread is like, 1 year old.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

but what if they use the word tone
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    angerelle wrote: »
    Ive been known to leave the cart in the lot at aldi. I almost always have 3 kids ages 16months, 15months and 6 months with me. I can either leave them alone in the car to return the cart, or i can try to carry them all back to the car at once (not easy, lol!).

Your children really will be fine left in the car for the minute it takes you to return your trolley.

yep agreed. i have had a few dings in my car when people leave their trolleys lying about
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

but what if they use the word tone

avoid 'those' people////just agree 100% and move on

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh I will avoid the 1200 calories threads too.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I will try not to judge 'volume eaters' as 'greedy'. I have a small appetite so its hard to relate. Sorry