Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Never mind, I was thinking of something else!
  • ShibaEars
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

*raises hand*

ETA: Although I'm not a fan of the new movie
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Does anyone remember Garbage Pail Kids?!

Loved it!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

And for the younger gang, my kids were always watching:

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold
    What was that dare thing where everybody always got covered in slime?

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I'm old. My childhood favorites were shows like Scooby Doo and Josie and the Pussycats. And the Groovy Ghoulies; does anyone remember that?

I still love Schoolhouse Rock. I own all of them on DVD. :smiley:
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Hmmm...I'm old. My childhood favorites were shows like Scooby Doo and Josie and the Pussycats. And the Groovy Ghoulies; does anyone remember that?

I still love Schoolhouse Rock. I own all of them on DVD. :smiley:

I don't remember the Groovy Ghoulies, but my kids watched Josie and the Pussycats as repeats when they were little, too.

Scooby Doo was my favorite.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."

I tried the vinegar thing this morning. It seemed to work really well.

Yay!! I am glad I could help. I'd hate to see your walls covered in boiled egg.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    mef1107 wrote: »
    Fresh eggs will not peel. Let them hang out in your fridge for a week or two

Pardon? I only keep boiled eggs for a few days......

I *think* she meant the raw eggs, not boiled. I DO keep my boiled eggs for quite a while, though, if I haven't peeled them right after boiling. Unpeeled, they last a long time. Peeled, they start to smell a bit funky after a while.

She meant the raw ones. I never bother boiling just-bought eggs. I pick them up a week in advance. They always peel super easily when they're "old."

I tried the vinegar thing this morning. It seemed to work really well.

Yay!! I am glad I could help. I'd hate to see your walls covered in boiled egg.

I'm not the egg thrower. I can't remember who that was. @peleroja or @ShibaEars ?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

Was Angelica just the worst cartoon human ever, or what?! Phil & Lil were my favorite, oh and Chucky. He was just so sweet. Didn't ever care too much for Tommy though.

Oh my gosh, are you talking about Double Dare or You Can't Say That On Television?! Either way, I loved both of those! Oh, and Legends Of The Hidden Temple, and Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego!

And Pee Wee's Playhouse. *Runs away in embarrassment.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I am older than the Turtles, but my nephew loved/s them and my youngest son does too, thanks to the movie.

Me too, a bit past my time. Or on the edge of it as I do kind of remember watching them.

My SIL worked 3-11pm. She brought my nephew to me at the high school and I took him to mom's house and babysat. TMNT was the only thing he would watch while I did my homework.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

*raises hand*

ETA: Although I'm not a fan of the new movie

That's because Michael Bay ruins everything.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

I loved Rugrats as a kid!
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    No one's gonna give Doug any love?
    Skeeter Valentine? Patty Mayonnaise?
  • rungirl1973
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

Was Angelica just the worst cartoon human ever, or what?! Phil & Lil were my favorite, oh and Chucky. He was just so sweet. Didn't ever care too much for Tommy though.

Oh my gosh, are you talking about Double Dare or You Can't Say That On Television?! Either way, I loved both of those! Oh, and Legends Of The Hidden Temple, and Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego!

Double Dare!!! That's what it was!
  • rungirl1973
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

Oh yeah. Those Rugrats. Haha!
    We still call a hospital a "hopsickle" in our family, from the movie.

We also watched a fair amount of PeeWee's Playhouse. Aaaaahhhh!!!!!! You said the secret word!!!
  • Carlos_421
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

Double Dare!!! That's what it was!

Double Dare
    What Would You Do
    Guts
    Wild and Crazy Kids
    Legends of the Hidden Temple

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I confess that sometimes, I really want to rewatch Rugrats... or at least have it playing in the background when I'm browsing the web.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I confess that sometimes, I really want to rewatch Rugrats... or at least have it playing in the background when I'm browsing the web.

Mom and Dad still have some of our old VHS tapes of Rugrats. So I confess...I've done this recently.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Loved it!

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

Double Dare!

What about old school Nickelodeon... You Can't Do That on Television? Anyone remember that?

ETA: Omg, Mo! You beat me to it! I loved that show..It was one of the first shows I ever watched when we first got cable! Ha!

And I watched Peewee's playhouse too.. I wasn't even that young either :grimace:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I musn't have been allowed much TV or something because very few of these ring a bell for me. I think it was mostly PBS in our house, as the only real TV memories I have are of Sesame Street and Reading Rainbow and that kind of thing. And the original Degrassi reruns when I got a little older.

I had most of the Disney movies too, but yeah, I don't know much about any of these cartoons :(