What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Thrift store 10 is going to be department store 6 or thereabouts- vanity sizing!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Bungie01 wrote: »
    That most of the time I think I'm thinner than I am. I'm always grabbing what ends up being 10's at a thrift store. Even when I was sz 20/22+. At some point I wonder if I get into 6's if I'll still go for 10's. I'm into 14's, so I'm getting close!

Haha I have this issue too! Everyone keeps saying their brain isn't catching up, but mine's well ahead! I'm like "oh man I'm so thin now, I'm doing so great! I bet I'm a size 7!"

*can't get a 7 up past my thighs* lolol

I'm not in any rush though, just taking my time with it, enjoying the journey. I'm super duper happy with my progress so far. Every half inch is cause for a huge celebration in my books :)

I should also note that my weight gain is recent which probably has somethingto do with this. I gained about 30 pounds in 6 months during a very stressful time in my life. So it still feels natural to go for smaller sizes.

Me 3...lol. I've loss 6 dress sizes. When I look in the mirror I see myself smaller than I actually am...but when I look at a picture I feel like I'm still see a very large person. When I shop for clothes I just pull 2 sizes of everything to try on and usually both sizes fit and then I can't decide which size I want to buy...the more loose comfortable size or the smaller tighter size that I know will soon fit.

Losing the weight actually hasn't been all that hard...it's all these other decisions..lol.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Well good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Thrift store 10 is going to be department store 6 or thereabouts- vanity sizing!

This is so true. I wear a size 10 in 1990's Mom jeans, but a size 6 in Old Navy Sweetheart jeans?
    On the other hand, spandex IS my friend :smile:
  • leodora1
    leodora1 Posts: 77 Member
    Crossing my legs and curving my foot behind my calf.

Clasping my hands behind my back to stretch.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Bump
  • Robo_mooh
    Robo_mooh Posts: 44 Member
    I've got a painful blister on my foot from walking / running so much! I think it's time for me to treat myself to some new properly-fitted trainers!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Lisa_Dubh wrote: »
    I always assumed there was just people who were wired to love exercise and I wasn't one of them but I've learned everyone can be that person, you just have to stick with it long enough to see some progress and it's such a motivator!

I never thought I would be a gym person, no I go 5-6 times a week and miss it when I don't go. I also have gym friends that I socialize with outside of the gym...crazy
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Having people you've never met before call you "tiny". It's always a huge boost to my self esteem.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    I keep one or two pairs of pants at a size higher than I am because when I'm (really) bloated I go up a size. Never used to happen when I was heavier!
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Robo_mooh wrote: »
    I've got a painful blister on my foot from walking / running so much! I think it's time for me to treat myself to some new properly-fitted trainers!

Me too! So bummed that it is delaying my C25K start but started doing 21 Day Workouts instead today, so not a complete loss.
  • canonri
    canonri Posts: 21 Member
    Your unhealthy partner constantly asking you to cook because it tastes so good in compare to take out or frozen dinners.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    BioQueen wrote: »
    I keep one or two pairs of pants at a size higher than I am because when I'm (really) bloated I go up a size. Never used to happen when I was heavier!

Oh this is so true! It took me losing over 30 pounds to go from a size 20 to a size 18... and now at 135 lbs I am a size 6... unless I gain 3 pounds - then I am an 8. If I lose 3 pounds, I am a 4. Geez... Have to keep 3 sizes handy since I can easily fluctuate up to 5 pounds either way.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Three compliments yesterday - completely unrelated to weight loss!
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    You will likely get hit on much more than before. If this is something you're not used to, you'll need to learn how to politely turn down advances without coming off as being rude.
  • ween2414
    ween2414 Posts: 17 Member
    nuffer wrote: »
    I now have a drawer of ridiculously large t-shirts from events I've done in the past. I don't want to get rid of them because I had fun at those, but when I put them on, I look like a hobo that robbed a thrift store and ended up with a night shirt.

(this message is not making fun of hobos, or thrift stores, both of which I favor)

Turn them into a quilt, that way you have them but don't have the urge to wear them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!