Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Confession - I haven't posted in this thread in months (I think way back in June or July). I am not going back to read all the posts.
    Confession- I didn't read the thread for a few days and don't plan on doing that either. Welcome back.

I remember the intro to Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.
    I watched a lot of what my brother and sister watched, which were mainly a lot of MTV shows, Daria, Beavis and Butthead, etc, and The Simpsons.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I know - my husband and I spent the summer/fall setting up a new business. I work my day job which is a compressed work week (I get every second Friday off) so I work at our store on my days off and Saturday - Thank the man upstairs that I have a gym at my work otherwise I would have no time.

Well welcome back, we look forward to getting to know you again!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Did anyone watch/play Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?

I played it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Yes, with my two oldest kids.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I played the old computer game but had no idea it was a show.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have never:

Experienced online dating
    Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time
    Never had a bowl haircut or a fauxhawk

I have never

Watched The Real Housewives of Anywhere or Keeping up with Anyone

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones
    99% of everything else on TV

I've seen Keeping up with.. a few times.
    No to all the others listed.

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

I watched My 600 Pound Life & Skin Tight (new show) on Wednesday.

What is Skin Tight?? I watch 600 Pound Life.

Skin Tight was the second hour of My 600 Pound Life (I don't think these were people that were on My 600 Pound Life). They featured two people who lost a lot of weight & had a lot of loose skin & detailed the surgeries they undertook & how they looked after the surgeries.

Watching it made me wish I could get surgery on my arms, legs, & lower stomach.

That show made me cry when the lady was talking about how her life was in the beginning of the episode. :(
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

Well I can join you in all these except Sesame Street. I loved SS. I loved Mr. Snuffalufagus. (SP?).

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've never watched the Real Housewives or Keeping up with whoever but I do think both have been on in the cardio room at the gym (I don't think that counts since I really wasn't watching even if I'd had control of it).

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

I do like reality tv though.. :grimace: a little too much. And that is a confession...

I've confessed that before in here too, I know! I love terrible TV. It's all TLC and cooking competitions and Animal Planet at my house, all the time, and I have no shame.

Skin Tight was the second hour of My 600 Pound Life (I don't think these were people that were on My 600 Pound Life). They featured two people who lost a lot of weight & had a lot of loose skin & detailed the surgeries they undertook & how they looked after the surgeries.

I watched both of those, too. I thought the blond chick on Skin Tight was a whiner. She didn't like her loose skin, but then she didn't like her scars after the surgery. She seemed to get better at the end. I probably won't watch that again, but it DVRed along with my 600 LB Life, so I gave it a shot.

And this. She made me cry in the beginning but I was angry that she was so whiny at the end.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    If we're going with childhood favorites, where are my teenage mutant ninja turtles lovers at?

He-Man!
    Smurfs
    Snorks
    Ren and Stimpy

My sister and I used to get in knock-down drag-out fights after school because I wanted to watch Scooby Doo and she wanted to watch Mr Rogers. Mom made us take turns.

To add to this list:
    Gem
    Rocko's Modern Life
    Tiny Toons
    Thundercats

Does anyone remember Garbage Pail Kids?!

Loved it!

And for the younger gang, my kids were always watching:

CatDog
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold
    What was that dare thing where everybody always got covered in slime?

Lizzy McGuire
    Even Stevens

Was Angelica just the worst cartoon human ever, or what?! Phil & Lil were my favorite, oh and Chucky. He was just so sweet. Didn't ever care too much for Tommy though.

Oh my gosh, are you talking about Double Dare or You Can't Say That On Television?! Either way, I loved both of those! Oh, and Legends Of The Hidden Temple, and Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego!

And Pee Wee's Playhouse. *Runs away in embarrassment.

Yep to all of these. I especially loved Double Dare.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    List of shows I watched growing up. Remember, no judgement.

Full House
    Family Matters
    Clarissa Explains It All
    Step by Step
    Home Improvement (Jonathan Taylor Thomas was my TV boyfriend)
    Tales From The Crypt
    Fraggle Rock
    Dinosaurs (Not the Mama)
    Hey Dude
    Darkwing Duck
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    BH 90210
    Roseanne
    Boys Meets World (How hot did Topanga grow up?!)

This is not a complete list, my brain just can't think of anything else right now. I may have been allowed to watch a little too much TV growing up.

This is my list too...

I loved the TGIF set of shows. Oh Perfect Strangers was another show I liked as well.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    And speaking of old computer games, anyone else have "computer lab day" in school where your class got to go down to the computer room to play Oregon Trail on floppy disk??

Yes, Oregon Trail was the best game ever..until you died of cholera. ...
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have never:

Watched Glee
    Had a bowl haircut
    Worn a fauxhawk
    Liked Sesame Street

He was my favorite too!

I tried online dating
    Watched Glee one time

I have never

I've also never watched:
    any "Swap" shows
    How I met your mother
    Game of Thrones

That show made me cry when the lady was talking about how her life was in the beginning of the episode. :(

I still haven't finished watching it..and got distracted during the parts I did watch... :/
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Hey, anyone ever watch Supermarket Sweep back in the day? That show was awesome.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Yes, and I almost always died of dysentery.

I remember explaining what the meant to my daughter. After our conversation she says, "So you basically poop yourself to death?!" Yep, pretty much.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Hey, anyone ever watch Supermarket Sweep back in the day? That show was awesome.

I LOVED THAT SHOW!!! I always thought I'd do awesome on that show and I would get so mad at the people that took their time during the sweep!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    List of shows I watched growing up. Remember, no judgement.

Full House
    Family Matters
    Clarissa Explains It All
    Step by Step
    Home Improvement (Jonathan Taylor Thomas was my TV boyfriend)
    Tales From The Crypt
    Fraggle Rock
    Dinosaurs (Not the Mama)
    Hey Dude
    Darkwing Duck
    Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
    BH 90210
    Roseanne
    Boys Meets World (How hot did Topanga grow up?!)

This is not a complete list, my brain just can't think of anything else right now. I may have been allowed to watch a little too much TV growing up.

This is my list too...

I loved the TGIF set of shows. Oh Perfect Strangers was another show I liked as well.

I loved Perfect Strangers! I wish they still had TGIF and things like that. The stuff they have now is SO lame.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I LOVED THAT SHOW!!! I always thought I'd do awesome on that show and I would get so mad at the people that took their time during the sweep!

Me too! Some of them were so stupid!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Yes, Oregon Trail was the best game ever..until you died of cholera. ...

Dysentery...everyone dies of dysentery! Ha!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

I remember explaining what the meant to my daughter. After our conversation she says, "So you basically poop yourself to death?!" Yep, pretty much.

Mo! Haha, I just replied about dysentery before I read your comment. We really are twins!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Mo! Haha, I just replied about dysentery before I read your comment. We really are twins!

Yes, we are!