New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    On Impulsive buy I seen a someone comment about the Cinnamon Bun Oreos & the other variety that will be limited edition. They had asked a question in the comment section, & Mavro responded that they may be out Monday, January 25th.

Kelly, can I ask you something? Is saying "I seen" a regional thing? I see it from people but it's not grammatically correct (at least where I'm from). I'm just curious because I can be a grammar nazi at times.

Also, what's the other flavor of oreo other than cinnamon coming out?!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    On Impulsive buy I seen a someone comment about the Cinnamon Bun Oreos & the other variety that will be limited edition. They had asked a question in the comment section, & Mavro responded that they may be out Monday, January 25th.

Kelly, can I ask you something? Is saying "I seen" a regional thing? I see it from people but it's not grammatically correct (at least where I'm from). I'm just curious because I can be a grammar nazi at times.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/10/05/coming-soon-limited-edition-filled-cupcake-oreo-cookies/

Krogers was out of the Muller chocolate raspberry. :(
    I did pick up their brand spiced apricot with butternut squash.
  • glassyo
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/10/05/coming-soon-limited-edition-filled-cupcake-oreo-cookies/

Krogers was out of the Muller chocolate raspberry. :(
    I did pick up their brand spiced apricot with butternut squash.

Oh yeah! I forgot about those. I guess I wasn't as excited for them as the cinnamon ones. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Finally got to open these (hello PMS).

0007797504185_500X500.jpg

Tasty but I like the cinnamon/sugar ones better.
  • glassyo
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Quest's new Cookies & Cream protein shake yet? I just got my Healthy Awards certificate from the Vitamin Shoppe, and I was thinking about buying a container but then noticed the recipe is different from their other protein powders... of course. First the bars, now the powders! On the ingredients list after protein blend I noticed erythritol... I've had both really good and really bad experiences with this ingredient, both in terms of taste and physical effects (not to be blunt, but one time I consumed more than I should have and got TERRIBLE gas, even though several sources claim it won't cause that...)

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me if it's worth it or not before I end up with something possibly disappointing! Quest really is hit or miss with me, I either love them or hate them :x

Not that one but I have 3 containers of their powders right now! As long as I stick to the serving size or a bit less, I'm fine, but too much messes up my stomach too.
    Would you say the flavors are worth the price? I think there's an upcoming sale 20% off at HEB, which would put the powders at around 31.

I picked up Myprotein in the past, but I don't like that they've sent near expiring flavors OR their apple custard.

Do you like chocolate? Because you know those fun dip candies? The ones where they have that thing you lick and dip in powder and lick some more? I would totally use the chocolate milkshake flavor as the powder.

I've tried every flavor from Quest so far besides their Cookies flavor, and my favorite is their Vanilla Milkshake followed by the Peanut Butter. They're all good, in my opinion, but the chocolate is less impressive compared to these first two. The vanilla is very sweet, clean, and versatile and mixes well with many things (even oatmeal) and you can do a lot more with shake flavors (adding various nut butter flavors, bananas, or flavored milks/coffees). The peanut butter limits you more, but is very good and tastes like a sweeter powdered peanut butter. The salted caramel was great at first but then kind of got old, same with their strawberries & cream which I still enjoy more than the salted caramel, surprisingly. The chocolate, on the other hand, again is good but no more impressive than any other chocolate milkshake protein powder I've tried (especially when comparing to a brand like Musclepharm or EAS). If you like milk chocolate, you may like this. But I like dark chocolate, if I'm getting chocolate I want CHOCOLATE, and this just didn't cut it for me. Lastly, the banana cream was good but I haven't invested in an entire tub yet so I'm not sure how long the excitement would stay, I've only tried a sample packet.
    All in all, unless you're a die hard chocolate fan I would suggest getting vanilla milkshake as your first flavor, even if it were just a sample packet. If you write to their live chat though on their website they usually are pretty good about sending out free samples!

They really *are* good about free samples.

I planned on trying some sample packs before buying because a 2 lb tub of protein powder is a big commitment if you don't know how it's going to taste but they hadn't come out with them yet before they had a really good sale. So I ended up buying the peanut butter and chocolate milkshake. Chocolate because....CHOCOLATE and peanut butter because I'm on a peanut butter kick and it was going to be my pb2 replacement mix in for cottage cheese and greek yogurt when I ran out. I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan so the chocolate milkshake does me just fine. I don't normally drink my calories but had some unsweetened coconut milk to use up so tried it and it was good. :)

I have sample packs of the vanilla and strawberry to try. I'll get around to the vanilla but probably not the strawberry since I don't have a huge desire for that flavor.

I really want to try the banana cream and cookies n cream tho. I'm not a huge salted caramel fan either so will probably pass.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    iss-victorybars-header-product.png
    image_prodprod1440032_largeImage_X_450_white.jpg

Not new bars, but on my 'quest' for a new quest bar replacement I tried these. I really like the chocolate chip and the peanut butter chip. The peanut butter chip was my favorite out of the three I tried. I tried chocolate chip, peanut chip, and oatmeal raisin. The oatmeal raisin was DISGUSTING though. It was super bitter and had a very very bad strange taste to it. Nothing like an oatmeal cookie flavor. I was surprised because the oatmeal cookie had good reviews. I am a fan of stevia/truvia and use it all the time, so it was not the artificial sweetener because I love that taste. It tasted almost like the equal sweetener (which I can't stand).

Overall the peanut butter chip was the best because it had a bunch of nice peanut butter chips in it and the chocolate chip was good. Nothing incredible though. I like B-up bar cookie dough better...

Gosh I miss the old quest bars..... I am going through major withdrawal LOL
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    4nd8unrdy90r.jpeg
    ive been wanting to try this for a while. As a kid I drank those breakfast shake things and i LOVED them. This is pretty good, but I wish i woulda got the chocolate. Pretty good protien, fiber, daily vitamins and minerals, almost a days worth of greens. 160 calories. I like it, my favorite plant based anything powder.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    This is really good when crumbled onto a salad or bagel.
    VermontCreameryGoatCheesePackageFront900_grande.jpg?v=1437401377

Seconded.
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Not new bars, but on my 'quest' for a new quest bar replacement I tried these. I really like the chocolate chip and the peanut butter chip. The peanut butter chip was my favorite out of the three I tried. I tried chocolate chip, peanut chip, and oatmeal raisin. The oatmeal raisin was DISGUSTING though. It was super bitter and had a very very bad strange taste to it. Nothing like an oatmeal cookie flavor. I was surprised because the oatmeal cookie had good reviews. I am a fan of stevia/truvia and use it all the time, so it was not the artificial sweetener because I love that taste. It tasted almost like the equal sweetener (which I can't stand).

Overall the peanut butter chip was the best because it had a bunch of nice peanut butter chips in it and the chocolate chip was good. Nothing incredible though. I like B-up bar cookie dough better...

They make a birthday cake flavor as part of their ONE Bar line that I just tried yesterday. I thought it was great. Like Quest but better. Soft without having to microwave and there still is the protein aftertaste, but not as lingering as with Quest or as noticeable.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    4nd8unrdy90r.jpeg
    ive been wanting to try this for a while. As a kid I drank those breakfast shake things and i LOVED them. This is pretty good, but I wish i woulda got the chocolate. Pretty good protien, fiber, daily vitamins and minerals, almost a days worth of greens. 160 calories. I like it, my favorite plant based anything powder.
    I really liked their chocolate flavor.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm not a huge fan of their victory bars, but I'm obsessed with their toffee good grab bars. I only had the chance to try one of their ONE bars, and as far as I'm concerned that blew all their other bars out of the water. I wish my local health stores would carry the Birthday cake flavor!!!

I also tried Dannon's Light & Fit Greek Mousse (coconut cream flavor was all I could find).
    I love their greek yogurts normally, but I was really disappointed with this. It was much more tart and had a stronger chemical taste to it. Not any different than the Yoplait Whips. Definitely will not be buying again :(
  • smilezishere
    smilezishere Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Brendy Sheerer's easy protein bar recipe. I might be addicted.

http://cms.bbcomcdn.com/fun/docs/2014/bpi-white-choc-pb-cinnamon-bars.pdf

• glassyo
    Options
    Eh, I wouldn't waste 170 calories for just 6 grams of protein.
  • smilezishere
    Options

It's just for my pre-workout meal. Has enough sugars and carbs for quick energy for a strong lift session.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I'd consider something like this more for the fat content. I'd consider making things like this if I had more fridge space.

• smilezishere
    Options
    I'd consider something like this more for the fat content. I'd consider making things like this if I had more fridge space.

True. And you can choose exactly what ingredients you're putting into your bar. Unsweetened almond milk, Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey, and all natural peanut butter for me =)
  • glassyo
    Options
    LOL true. I'm just sort of always trying to get my protein in so obsessed with that gram to calorie ratio. (I shoot for at least 10 grams per 100 calories).
  • smilezishere
    Options
    LOL true. I'm just sort of always trying to get my protein in so obsessed with that gram to calorie ratio. (I shoot for at least 10 grams per 100 calories).

Haha I know what you mean! An hour before a workout is probably the only meal where my carb intake is that much higher than my protein intake.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    ecpaavtmkz0d.jpeg
    I found this salmon skin on a recent trip to Malaysia. I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's made in Thailand and is available in 4 flavors. It has no carbs, 7g of fat, 12g of protein, and 4% of calcium per packet. I like it but my family doesn't, so I guess it's an acquired taste. It's a shame I didn't buy more :/
    Are those like pork rinds? Sounds like it would be worth a try.