Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    moribunny wrote: »
    I Camembert it anymore! No more cheese puns!
    t8drukosv0hw.gif
    Feta up, huh?
    qpdacs7dvyc2.gif

Oh fine then, keep going. I don't give edam.
    xipqe594jsax.gif

On a bento related note, this is what my boxes looked like by the time I remember to take a picture:
    qkms0ekhrhhj.jpg
    It was filled with roast chicken, coleslaw and 3 bean salad, and a box of blackberries and raspberries.
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Bento Fillers ;)
    I finally bought a nice shelf for my kitchen to store all my Bento Stuff so i always have it right on hand!
    43cdvqer7uu0.jpg

So todays Lunch is Rice with Furikake, Chilli Mini Burgers and Carrot Salad. Dessert is some joghurt with strawberries ;)
    wo80gxn6vm9n.jpg

• sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow thats some muenster puns there

You cheddar believe it!
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You lot think you are so paneer ...
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Swiss is hilarious
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Just when I thought it was safe to bento again, there's all this cheesy here! You guys will be forever provolone for such bad puns :lol:

Even though my bento is nothing special today, I wanted to share it for all our newbies that you don't need a fancy box to bento. I needed to microwave this so I put it in a gladware. It's roast turkey breast, potato dumplings and broccoli.

00pytrgdgo57.jpg
    bo0tm88aa729.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @LadyAhiru what are the cute orange flower things in your rice?
  • leodora1
    leodora1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    very interesting - thanks for sharing.
  • VeryBerryJen
    VeryBerryJen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like mine for how compact it is. Depending on what I'm taking for lunch, I usually will put my protein in the large section, then sides in the top compartment. I'd like to get a couple more so I can prep meals for the week at work.
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    @LadyAhiru what are the cute orange flower things in your rice?

Flower Furikake! I think i bought it at Amazon

cpym55swlzeq.jpg
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Finally got my R2Ben2o! So excited, and really enjoyed lunch today, granola in the top tier, grapes in tier 2 and roasted spagetti squash leftovers in the bottom! YUM

6ke9pggcc2s8.jpg
    4k55cyhi6p3d.jpg
    o3f7blyj4mf2.jpg
    yb3eygq8js9k.jpg

• LadyAhiru
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    Finally got my R2Ben2o! So excited, and really enjoyed lunch today, granola in the top tier, grapes in tier 2 and roasted spagetti squash leftovers in the bottom! YUM

6ke9pggcc2s8.jpg
    4k55cyhi6p3d.jpg
    o3f7blyj4mf2.jpg
    yb3eygq8js9k.jpg

OMG! Where did you buy it?
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So a few boxes to add
    Hubby's lunch, leftover baked fish sticks with ketchup in container, mashed potatoes with cheese, and carrots. 3da15074f9ff8ed949a64e9a2acaa2fb.jpg

A bento for me: chicken chili, salsa, rice, and broccoli. aa76067a21af253d751a0460f63af513.jpg

And lastly my breakfast bento: apples, lingon berry jelly, cinnamon, and deli style ham and chicken. 9533b37e21be0e0b9bd30a7c4f131b2c.jpg
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »

@LadyAhiru Here is her eariler post, hope that helps!
    Broke down and got my bento today, I just had to! Can't wait for it to get here-totally geeking out! :smiley:http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-R2-D2-Bento-Box/dp/B015AT2B98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452346364&sr=8-1&keywords=r2+d2+bento
  • Missisnotmyfirstname
    Options
    lb2e3ivpdvvu.jpg
    gyvl2jguom7i.jpg
    orl1x8eq5ltb.jpg

I got a new bento box. Could anyone tell me if it's dishwasher safe?
    Sorry for the picture spam.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

The pictures are a bit blurry for me to read a lot of it so I can't tell. As a general rule, most bento boxes aren't dishwasher safe. The only ones that I'm sure are, are the Monbento and Bentgo boxes, which are safe when placed on the top rack of the dishwasher, and if you do put them in, any prints on the boxes will most likely fade.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's really blurry, so I can't be sure. Could you upload a clearer pic? In the meantime, I'd go with @mangrothian 's rule of thumb.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    So much delicious going on in here.

*cue sad panda image*

No bento pictures until I either delete stuff from dropbox, upgrade to get more space, or find other option of getting them from phone to computer.

I had turkey and mushrooms today in my square owl box. One of the upcoming days may include gummy bears in penguin bento, maybe...
  • Missisnotmyfirstname
    Options
    moribunny wrote: »
    It's really blurry, so I can't be sure. Could you upload a clearer pic? In the meantime, I'd go with @mangrothian 's rule of thumb.

The pictures are a bit blurry for me to read a lot of it so I can't tell. As a general rule, most bento boxes aren't dishwasher safe. The only ones that I'm sure are, are the Monbento and Bentgo boxes, which are safe when placed on the top rack of the dishwasher, and if you do put them in, any prints on the boxes will most likely fade.

Thank you anyway. I can't get any clearer pictures so I'll just assume not!
    I'm really pleased with it though. It's much smaller which is definitely a good thing!
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »

@LadyAhiru Here is her eariler post, hope that helps!
    Broke down and got my bento today, I just had to! Can't wait for it to get here-totally geeking out! :smiley:http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-R2-D2-Bento-Box/dp/B015AT2B98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452346364&sr=8-1&keywords=r2+d2+bento

Thanks! Sadly Amazon.de does not have it ;(