New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be using up a lot of my Sunday calories to try those IHOP red velvet pancakes. Their pancakes usually fill me for the entire day so it's fine.

Eh 700 calories isn't bad at all for 4 pancakes either. Maybe one of these days..
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @hgycta This is the other limited edition Edy's I saw at the store and passed on...maybe you should give it a try :)
    7r9wnuvmtwgr.jpeg

Oh and it says it has chunks of the red velvet cake and a cream cheese swirl in case you're wondering.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    @hgycta This is the other limited edition Edy's I saw at the store and passed on...maybe you should give it a try :)
    7r9wnuvmtwgr.jpeg

Oh and it says it has chunks of the red velvet cake and a cream cheese swirl in case you're wondering.
    I tried that back when I was still eating dairy (and hadn't yet realized that it was the aspect of my diet that was making me feel so constantly sick). It wasn't my favorite. The cream cheese swirl wasn't that prominent, and the red velvet cake pieces were a bit dry. I prefer the Breyer's Birthday Blast. Or Pet Birthday Cake. They both have a flavor really similar to the Edy's Red Velvet Cake, but they're both more powerful in taste and smoother in texture.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    7r9wnuvmtwgr.jpeg

Oh, that looks lovely. Very, very lovely. Looks like that and the new Red Velvet Oikos are now both on my list of things to look for at the grocery store!

Also, in regards to the red velvet pancakes, if you're trying to fit them into your diary/macros this helped me:
    Order two eggs (poached is 130 calories), two slices of turkey bacon (70 calories), with an order of two red velvet pancakes instead of four. Saves you some calories and adds some protein into the meal! Although now that I know how good they are I'll absolutely be tempted to just go for that four stack anyways xD
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok I'm giving up on caramel yogurt. I tried the Oikos Triple Zero and nope... still would never have guessed that it was caramel flavored if you had asked me.
  • hgycta
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was looking feverishly for these last Easter and never found them! Just saw them at BJ's and bought a box ($10!!!) they have four packs, which had 6 cookies in each. The packs were a lot bigger than I was expecting! The taste was disappointing though, unfortunately. Not nearly as sweet as the regular cadbury creme eggs, the cookie just kind of mutes out the filling completely. The cookie is good, don't get me wrong, just not $10 good and doesn't remind me anything of a Cadbury creme egg. Honestly it kind of reminds me of a Girl Scout cookie.

xxj6ppf839uj.jpg

I also bought a pint of Halo Top's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. I tried their Lemon Cake in the past and was shocked how much better it was than Arctic Zero's, and this Vanilla has also blown me away so far, although I certainly taste the erythritol much more in this flavor. Still, 240 calories for a pint and it's this good? 5 Stars. I wish Wegman's wasn't the only place I could find Halo Top!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    BFCups-detail.jpg

One of Kroger's Freebies. This wasn't very good. I like Butterfinger, especially as a mixin, but it's no Reeses. I think it works better as a larger bar.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have been eating these like it's going out of style! Noodles made out of beans might seem like they are going to taste disgusting or have some weird flavor/texture. I am an italian girl and LOVE my pasta, I was super skeptical about these simply because they were made out of beans. While nothing can truly replace good old spaghetti, these are a great, nutrient/fiber dense substitute. They are SUPER filling, the serving size is 2 oz (dry) but I can usually only eat 1/2 that, throw some chicken and marinara sauce on top and you have a protein packed meal that will keep you full for hours! This is the first time I have posted pictures on here so I hope I did it right?!?!.

I picked up a package of the edemame noodles at Costco - they remind me of ramen without the salty packet.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

May have been posted previously but the Oh Yeah protein bar in birthday cake flavor is amazing! No more quest bars for me.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    egs9odb5k0xc.jpg
    This was one sale at work, so I got this instead of the Fatworks tallow. $6.00 is a much better price than $16.00 + shipping. It tastes pretty good, but I wish that it had a more pork-y taste. I understand that most people use lard in baking and that you don't want your pies to taste like bacon, but I mostly put it on toast and potatoes as a substitute for butter, and I wish it had a little more flavor to it. Oh well, a little Himalayan salt complements it pretty nicely.

xabz66uxwvge.jpg
    I'm not a fan. The macros are really good, and they remind me of the old Quest Bars texture-wise, but I never liked Quest Bars much even when I could eat them, so I didn't really like these. I ate them cold, though, so heating them in a microwave probably makes their taste and texture better. They were softer than I remember Quest Bars being, at least. You can eat these cold without pulling out any teeth.

xsg0au6mpr22.jpg
    Loved these! These were on sale for $1.99. I normally hate seaweed, but the cheap price made me willing to give them a shot. The siraccha masks the seaweed flavor really nicely and gives them a wonderful kick. They're also that perfect balance of saltiness that makes you want to grab another and another without being so salty that you feel the need to reach for some water.

79z639h8hrvg.jpg

These weren't nearly as good as the spicy ones. There was nothing to mask the seaweed, so you could really taste it. They had nice crunch, but the taste was just icky to me. Fans of seaweed would probably still like them, though.

h3t99kspw0kp.jpg
    LOVE these! Sweet and crunchy and savory all at the same time...It nice on my wallet that we sell them by the pound, but terrible for my macros!

i0wtav00d2an.jpg
    This is really good too! It's not nearly as good as my homemade bone broth, but it's a good option if you can't make your own for some reason and can't afford the really expensive frozen bone broths. It's a little plain in it's own, but it's really good if you warm it up with some salt and pepper before you put it in your coffee mug. I actually like that it's plain, since it allows you to customize it to your taste. Tastes a lot like drinking Thanksgiving dinner in a cup. Yum! :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    FYI - cinnamon Oreos will be available on Wednesday here.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FYI - cinnamon Oreos will be available on Wednesday here.
    Krogers has most of the new Pop Tarts in stock. I'm hopeful they do the same for the Oreos
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Costco has a big pack of that bone broth but in chicken. I make soup a lot so picked it up. For a quick, lean lunch on a modified fast day, it's filling with an egg white stirred in, S&P, soy sauce, chives and sriracha.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I stopped by The Vitamin Shoppe today and got super excited when I finally found Oh Yeah's Birthday Cake flavored One bar! I purchased it and just got home, haven't tried it yet, but I'm already disappointed. I didn't know it had partially hydrogenated oil (trans fat) in it! That kind of made me lose a bit of respect for the company, but I mean, I guess I can't be too picky because I'm guilty of consuming it in other foods still, I just always hold expensive protein bars to a higher standard in my mind. Either way, I'm sure it tastes great, and I'm sure once I open it I'll be running back for another.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    00028400208864_full.jpg
    These called to me at Stripes. I'm not sure if I'm going to eat these or the white fudge Oreos tonight.

Also, out of all the Lenny and Larry cookies I've tried (lemon poppy, chocolate chip, double chocolate, PB), I think peanut butter is my least favorite. It's just kinda ehh.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I stopped by The Vitamin Shoppe today and got super excited when I finally found Oh Yeah's Birthday Cake flavored One bar! I purchased it and just got home, haven't tried it yet, but I'm already disappointed. I didn't know it had partially hydrogenated oil (trans fat) in it! That kind of made me lose a bit of respect for the company, but I mean, I guess I can't be too picky because I'm guilty of consuming it in other foods still, I just always hold expensive protein bars to a higher standard in my mind. Either way, I'm sure it tastes great, and I'm sure once I open it I'll be running back for another.

As long as it fits my macros I'm good. Lol. It's only $2 a bar so I thought it was on par with other bars pricewise. I tried the chocolate chip too. They were only $1. So much softer than other bars IMO.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Can't wait for your review! I'm curious to see how they compare to Combat Crunch's Birthday Cake flavor. Price wise it seems that the OhYeah flavor is cheaper.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So these were finally on sale so I used my coupon.

23532538284_d006a352fa_o.jpg

Eh. Not actually sure what I think about them. I got the apple cinnamon one... definitely similar to overnight oats. Not overly sweet, a bit sour. Better than the other Plenti for sure but I'm not overly impressed I guess. It's not bad but it doesn't scream 'delicious' to me.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    My only issue with the cricket bars is how expensive they all are compared to crickets you can find at a pet store.