Over 200 New Year New Me Part 49

Options

Replies

• purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Didn't have a good day - didn't feel well enough to work out then blew it with late night cookies.

Disappointed in myself but I bought the damn cookies thinking I could handle having them in the house when I obviously couldn't. Just going to dust myself off and kick my own behind in the gym tomorrow.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    hi gals

did good today,
    cals - under
    water - 6 cups
    exercise - 50 min ( 440 cals)
    Proud - had a frustrating day and still did good

Have to vent...uggg
    this guy at work i just want to freaking smack up side the head..I can't stand him. I am usally a person to get along with everyone, but he just rubs me the wrong way . Today he just put me over the edge i am sure i mouthed off more than i should but there is just so much i can take of this guy. hopefully tomorrow will be better...guess good thing at working from home i can yell at him and noone hears me.

i am starting to get excited about some new choices i am going to be making with eating better and focusing on ingredients and not just calories.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!
    Checking in 6/15
    Calories: under - way too much
    Exercise: 3 hours badminton/tennis - burned a lot of calories
    Water: enough

Proud: that I can last more than an hour playing, compatitavly, tennis!!

I am in a little pain this morning but it's so worth it... I can't wait until we play again :))
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Yesterday's check-in, in all it's awfulness.

Calories: 435 OVER :noway:
    Sodium: 23 under
    Water: 72+ ounces
    Exercise: none
    Proud: Not much to be proud of today, unfortunately. I was tired after work and went food-crazy. I am proud that I was able to tell myself that I can do better tomorrow. A year ago, I'd just keep on eating, figuring that things were already shot to hell, so what did it matter? Now I'm able to somewhat stop myself and to pick myself up and start again today.

Today I've planned out most of my food, and am planning to make it to a 5:30 Zumba class, though if I can't ditch work early enough to make it there I'll go running instead.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday:

Calories: 45 over (darn ice cream)
    Exericise: 20 minutes elliptical and ab work
    Water: 64oz (I think I need more)
    Proud: Went to work out with PT at 6:30am, he didn't show. I overcame my urge to go home and back to bed and actually exercised, though not really intensly.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Deb -- Ew, I'm sorry. I'm having continuous problems with one of my coworkers as well. The problem is he doesn't want to do his job. And my problem with that is that I'm tired of doing his job for him. He's really lost his mind lately (I swear he's becoming senile). My supervisor and I worked on a memo last Friday & she sent it to everyone in our department to read over and make edits or suggestions. He came to my office and literally YELLED at me about how it was "written like a textbook" (Um... isn't that a good thing?). I suggested he help us rewrite it if he didn't like how it was written (just as much his job as it is mine!) and then he really blew up. He screamed the F-bomb 4 times at a pregnant girl about an effing MEMO! Who does that?! :laugh: I was totally shocked at the time but now I just think it's hilarious. I really hate that my supervisor was at lunch at the time because I would've loved to see her reaction. Hubby didn't think it was too funny when I told him though. :tongue:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi girls just wanted to check in and see how you are all doing. 100 days until my wedding and I am no where near where I wanted to be...but lo and behold its my fault. I have lost all focus with all my family chaos. Im trying to buckle down now and at least get somewhere near the 190s that will make me happy. Im at 211 this morning, not complaining about that at all since with all the junk Ive eaten lately it could be much higher!

Ive set small weekly goals for myself and this was (Saturday) was 213..so I won! hehe...next weeks goal (Sat) is 210 so Im working towards that now. If I meet all my Saturday goals it would put me at 200lbs for my dress fitting on July 30th and I would be ok with that. I was about 215 when I got the dress so it would be an improvement.

Julie- You must be so ready to pop! How are you feeling? Bobby and I are already planning for #2 and we are super excited. Cant wait to see the baby pictures..u will post them on FB right?!

Heather- how are the runs? You are so awesome! And the BF? ;)

Momma- how is your amazing hubby and the kids?

Posme- You seem to be doing so well! Im proud of you girl!

Lildeb- looks like we are in the same boat with starting a new, good luck! You had a lot going on so dont beat yourself up just get back on the horse!

Elmo- congrats on your anniversary! I will be in NYC on July 30..I think Im coming the day before this time so we may be able to meet up if ur around?! I hope so!

Meook- I dont know if she looks here anymore but hope the pregnancy is going well!

Mstahl- I miss you! How is Megan and the hubby? Still enjoying your red wine?! =^)

Really miss you gals and think about you often! Hugs

Cris
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Cris20056: It's nice to see you on here ... your goals for your wedding sound good and you can do it!
    Lilspy: Wow, what a jerk you work with!
    LaDeb: Good job on working out even though your PT didn't show!
    Purpleprose: don't beat ourself up about yesterday - it sounds like you have a good plan for today and will be right back on track
    Tstout: Good job skipping the ice cream!
    Positively me: That's alot of exercise time playing tennis, good for you!
    Momma: I like getting my exercise mowing the lawn too, I'll be doing that tomorrow since I got rained out on Tuesday night. Our grass is REALLY long.

checking in for yesterday:
    calories: good - but over on carbs
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: not so good - probably 70 oz.
    proud: had a challenging dinner with friends - I had a plan but the host switched her main dish from burgers to a chicken, stuffing casserole thing - but I tried to eat more of the chicken and less of the creamy stuffing parts - and she kept pushing the wine (which was yummy but I only wanted 1 glass but had almost 2). And my other friend is doing Weight Watchers so she brought an angelfood dessert with light whipped cream that was a good choice for her - but on my nutrition plan it was too many carbs, and I am avoiding anything light with aspartame in it ... so that wasn't good either - but won't kill me for one night and I didn't have much. So I didn't do great - but better than I would have done in the past.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I'm baaack! The long weekend was fun but I ate lots. The sodium gain was 5 lbs., but I've dropped two of those already. I'm debating whether to weigh in at WW tonight or tomorrow. Not that it really matters. It's next week's weigh-in that will count more since I'll have time to be back on track and flush the rest of the bloat. For those of you not on FB, my new profile pic is me with Bessie the cow at the Cedar Crest ice cream factory in Manitowoc, WI. Yum!

Lauren: Sorry about not getting to check in until today!

Allison: You'll probably find that being less weight-focused, you might start losing more again. That happened to me. I think the stress of focusing on a number makes our bodies hold the weight more. Plus you'll find you're happier and more relaxed overall.

Jess: Congrats to your Mavs! I was thinking of you, too, just didn't have computer access.

Julie: I can't believe how fast the time as flown with your pregnancy. At least for me, since I didn't experience any of the discomfort. If you're comfortable with it, I would love to send a little something when she arrives.

Theresa: Did you do C25K before? I've lost track of who has an who hasn't. You'll rock it!

Ladeb: Yes, banish the scale to 1-2 times per week. You'll be happier, I promise!

Sherry: Thanks for taking the time to send me a personal message and kicking my butt into gear to get back on the thread. I love how you're a "no excuses" kind of gal!

Debbie: Fantasize really hard about puncturing the co-worker's tires and see if it comes true. It worked for me!

Cris: I miss you, too! My runs (not to be confused with diarrhea) are going well. I have a 4 miler on Saturday. Hard to believe I'm almost half way through my New Year's goal already! Time flies.

Checking in, for better or worse:
    Friday:
    Calories: Over
    Water: On Target
    Exercise: None
    Proud: Focused on IE

Saturday:
    Calories: Over, grad parties
    Water: Under, unless you count beer
    Proud: Had a great time with friends.

Sunday:
    Water: Under
    Exercise: Horseback riding for 1.5 hours, saddling and grooming two horses
    Proud: Of Nate for going on his first trail ride!

Monday:
    Exercise: Walking the boardwalk on Lake Michigan (person with us said we hit our 10,000 steps throughout the day according to her pedometer)
    Proud: Only had two scoops of ice cream at the ice cream factory!

Tuesday:
    Exercise: Hiking to the observation tower, then up the steps of the tower to take in the scenery from the Wisconsin's highest natural elevation point.
    Proud: Didn't hesitate at climbing the tower, even though I'm not a fan of heights.

Wednesday:
    Calories: Over!
    Water: 9 glasses
    Proud: Got completely caught up on three days worth of work in 8.5 hours!

Sorry for the long post! Have a great day!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. Trucking along. Been so busy haven't had time to post! Looks like everybody is doing well! So far I"m down 5 pounds from last week. :noway: How did that even happen!? Hope it sticks for tomorrow!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I'm still here. Trucking along. Been so busy haven't had time to post! Looks like everybody is doing well! So far I"m down 5 pounds from last week. :noway: How did that even happen!? Hope it sticks for tomorrow!!
    Congrats on the 5 pounds!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    So proud of all of those check-ins I saw!! Thanks also to Sherry who checked in on me. I was on vacation from Saturday-Wednesday and logged my food, but wasn't able to log in here and chat with you all. I'm really happy you all kept up the check-in. Thanks to Allison for getting that started!

I essentially have 6 days to check in for. It's not going to be too pretty...

Friday:
    Cals: Over - popcorn at the movies and then a late dinner.
    Water: 40 oz - so thirsty!
    Proud: Eh...not much to be proud of.

Saturday:
    Cals: Crazy over, flying snacks, beer, burger. Not good.
    Water: 40 oz - so thirsty!
    Proud: Eh...not much to be proud of.

Sunday:
    Cals: Crazy over
    Water: Not enough
    Proud: Chilling on a boat

Monday:
    Cals: NOT crazy over!
    Water: Not enough
    Exercise: Hiked for an hour
    Proud: Got that hike in and made good food decisions to only be over by a couple hundred cals

Tuesday:
    Cals: Moderately over
    Water: Back on track - 72 oz
    Exercise: Cleaning up the boat
    Proud: Made a good choice at dinner

Wednesday:
    Cals: Over - went crazy at dinner - beer + fish + fries
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: Nada
    Proud: Eh...

So yeah, it wasn't pretty, but it's done now. Back at it today. Planning on yoga in the park for exercise.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Yay! People are back!

Heather - so glad you're doing well with your races!
    Jess - hope that the 5 pound loss sticks with you for tomorrow's weigh in.
    Lauren - welcome back! I was wondering where you had gotten off to. Did you have a nice vacation?

Today's check-in:

Calories: 80 under
    Water: 72 ounces
    Sodium: 258 under
    Exercise: 50 minutes of Zumba
    Proud: I stuck to my meal plan today and really limited the treats.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Checfk in

cals - under
    water - 6 cups
    exercise - 55 min
    Proud - that i was out of sides for dinner and we went to the store and got some green beans and not go get something quick.

jess - so were you at the parade this morning, we were watching it on tv and saw the tons of people

cris - wow, 100 days. You can do it.
  • jandagar
    jandagar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Can a newbie join in? My profile is pretty complete if you want to check it out... I've been on MFP for about three weeks, but have been attempting weight loss for about 28 of my 36 years. I've been over 300 since I started college--243 at high school graduation. Would love to see 243 again, but will be even happier when I hit 175! Up until 3 weeks ago, I was working out at the gym 3 days/week. I've battled poison oak now for 3 weeks, but will get back to it when this clears up... trying to do the best I can with walking and slowing down on the eating...

Would gladly welcome any of you as friends... I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

Have a great Friday!
    Angela
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I'll start us off for this morning.

Allison..................-0.0.................0.0%

I'm pretty much exactly where I was last week, but I think this is misleading (a) because I am nearing TOM and I think I'm retaining water and (b) this will be TMI, but I haven't gone #2 in like....5 days. So yeah. :noway:

I'm upping my fiber intake today in order to try and alleviate part (b) and will be chugging water like it's going out of style. I figure I'll see a decent drop next week if I can just keep my eating on track.

Good luck to everyone else though!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Jandagar: Welcome! we are a very easy-going group and anyone can join in at any time. Some of us weigh on Fridays and then report our loss - but you don't have to. The biggest percentage loser of the week choose a weekly challenge if they want to. We also try to do a check-in every day when possible to stay accountable.

lstpaul..................-0.4.................0.17%
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    lstpaul..................-0.4.................0.17%
    Heather...............-0.0..................0.0%
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Angela: Welcome to the group! I hope you don't mind that I sent you a friend request. This is a great group for getting motivation, bouncing ideas and just general chatting. It tends to get a bit quiet over the weekends, but chattier during the week.

Allison: Thanks for starting us off this morning. Where is everyone? Usually by this time we have a lot more check-ins!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 6 glasses
    Exercise: 40 minutes horseback riding, 30 minutes walking at volunteering
    Proud: That I'm getting a better understanding of the non-verbal rider I work with at volunteering.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Thursday:
    Calories: 117 over
    Exercise: Elliptical and hour with PT
    Water: Good
    Proud: I actually got out of bed for a 6am appt with trainer yesterday.

Big news: My 16yo daughter purchased a car last night. :bigsmile: