WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Night night folks. :flowerforyou:

Got rid of some old bank statements during a break in TV programmes. Tore them into tiny pieces. Still lots of office sorting to do.
    The electrician is coming at 8 am tomorrow morning. He put much too bright lights in the bathroom and forgot to put a new cord and pull on the light. He's a bit on the dim side IMHO.
    Hope to finish the section on my grandparents' house tomorrow. ;)

See you all in the morning. <3
    Heather UK
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chopped veggies inspired by Penny. Now I just have to eat them all!
    az14ecz1c90m.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Kimses - wow! I keep thinking about this as a good idea... have not fully embraced it yet.. maybe if I start with half a pound
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim Not quite sure what to do with them all!
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    kimses2 wrote: »
    az14ecz1c90m.jpg

I could eat this now it looks delicious.
  • ginadaye
    ginadaye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am not new to MFP, but new to posting on forums. I am 65 yo. My highest weight was 232. 15 yrs. Ago I went on Atkins and lost 60 lbs. Gradually I gained back to 212. Last year I lost down to 180. I am doing low carb and my main motivation is keeping my diabetes under control....which I have! I was 174 this morning and my goal is to get to 150. I have arthritis, a knee that needs to be replaced, thyroid disease and fibromyalgia. It's been a struggle, but I have been building up my walking. At first I could barely do a few houses before I was in terrible pain...now my dog and I walk over a mile once or twice a day, depending on the weather. I just started doing the treadmill, as MI weather has turned yucky.

My goal for this year is to track y food every day on MFP.
    Exercise at least 20 minutes for the first 90 days of 2016. More come spring.
    look forward to supporting you all as we journey forward!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :)Mia, baby steps are a great idea...slow and steady wins the race

:)Katla, that's a great plan for getting on the horse without hurting your shoulders.

t3361.gifCheri, great birthday photo

:)Penny, I'm not as far north as you are but I, too, have huge gratitude in January as the days get longer.

:)Janetr, I love my recumbent bike that sits facing the big TV in our living room.....I can ride it through an entire football game if I want to.

:)Linda, congrats to your daughter on her musical success

:)Meg, good to see you again.

:) Kim, congrats on finding new friends.

:) Mary, I can't eat sugary and processed foods no matter how attractive they are

:)Kimses, those veggies looked great

:'( Today we sadly watched our football team lose their game in the playoffs so no Super Bowl for us. :) Jake fixed cheese enchiladas for lunch and then did all the dishes since I'd done the dog walking and laundry and cleaned the bathrooms.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful warm NW Washingtont116005.gif
  • Awesomechic64
    Awesomechic64 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Interesting thread. Newbie here so I will start with my 2016 goals. Log everything I eat every day, get in 10k steps/day, 20 active mins/day, 8 glasses of water/day. I would also like to begin some strength training this year. I have lost 40 pounds and want to drop another 20-25. I have had 1 knee replaced and need the other one done so exercise can be hard for me. Hoping to maybe make that happen sometime this year but until then I want to get as healthy as I can!! Hope everyone has had a great weekend....Lori in NW Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Interesting thread. Newbie here so I will start with my 2016 goals. Log everything I eat every day, get in 10k steps/day, 20 active mins/day, 8 glasses of water/day. I would also like to begin some strength training this year. I have lost 40 pounds and want to drop another 20-25. I have had 1 knee replaced and need the other one done so exercise can be hard for me. Hoping to maybe make that happen sometime this year but until then I want to get as healthy as I can!! Hope everyone has had a great weekend....Lori in NW Ohio

welcome.gifLori, you've come to the right place....I hope you'll come back here daily and join in the conversation....it helped me to be connected to others who were on the same journey and who never tired of hearing me talk about food and exercise
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,671 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim Not quite sure what to do with them all!

you can ship them to me!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 18.23min, 9.12ap/min mi, 6.5-7.3sp, 158mhr, 133ahr, 2mi = 215c
    rope pull- 16.35min, 97ftpmin, lvl7, midset, 1661ftm, 140mhr, 117ahr, 1661ft = 133c
    other- arm machine- 15min, 42aw, 7.5min each way, lvl4, 116mhr, 99ahr, 2.6mi = 81c
    total cal 429

welcome new peeps!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts workout

Squats -1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5x122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    OHP-1X5X 45/50/55, 3X5X 60, 2X5X55
    DL- 1 X5X 150

The OHP at 60 pounds was difficult and I started to lose my form on the fourth set so, I went back to 55 pounds for the last two sets. I will probably do a deload next week on the OHP so I can gain strength and be successful lifting 60 pounds with good form.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    BURRRR-5 with windchils-15--25
    Saw MIl yesterday,she`s improving hoping to come home soon.
    Hugs jane
  • ly1967
    ly1967 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Looking for buddies as I need support . I am 48 and would love to lose 25 pounds.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good eve from another skimmer. Started out with good intentions,but whew!...... way more reading than I could do full time !
    Welcome to the newbies & Happy Birthday....Happy Anniv to those celebrating.

Went down with a pesky long lasting virus before the holidays.Was soo glad to be rid of that.

We left the day after Christmas for a 12 day cruise with DD& SIL to the Caribbean Islands.We enjoy traveling together. Kept my food under control with only 2 meals that hit my calorie limit. Nice time had by all.Of course,we needed a couple days to recover. B)
    Supposed to be very cold here for a couple days. Can't complain as there has been no winter to speak of in central Ohio. Just realized,in 6 wks....Spring will be around the corner.
    Talk about clutter.....only lived here 3 yrs & got rid of a lot,sold some antiques etc.When DD visited from Fl,sent 4 quilts & a couple quilted throws with her. By early summer,they will move to NC.
    I prefer an uncluttered house......but my pack rat has only come to that in last few yrs.
    Our oldest grandson leaves in a few days for Marine boot camp.His aunt & uncle had a family get together for him last eve.He loves his Grparents & had tears in his eyes when DH gave him a hug.Sad but happy for him.He is an only child....gonna be a lonely time for DD& SIL.

Going to read a bit more before bedtime.Hope you all had a good wkend. Pat
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    az14ecz1c90m.jpg
    Some spices,a bit of oil & vinegar.......looks so fresh & yummy. Pat

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Lisa, been there with the back out of whack and I feel for you. I hope it corrects itself quickly so you don’t have to watch crap tv. Lol (((((Hugs)))))

CarolNC, I’m so proud of you for working on your attitude even though you know you are clinically depressed. I know it can’t’ be easy, but it sure can’t hurt. I sure wish your Ex would take son some of the time so you could have your alone time. Just come see us when you can and remember that we care!!! ((((Hugs))))

Gina, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often and join right in.

Lori, welcome to you as well. We are always happy to welcome newbies to our Phat Chat. (Sorry, but we affectionately nick named the group to make it easy to refer to with our hubbies.) Come often and join right in.

Jane, that’s great news that your MIL is getting better. I hope you are well also. (((Hugs)))

Pat, was so good to hear from you. Glad you had the great cruise. Don’t be such a stranger. You’ve been missed.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’m enjoying my drawers that have everything folded and standing on end. They just look so organized! What I have noticed is that when I have clean clothes to put in the drawers I actually have to take a minute and fold them properly to put them away. The one that is the biggest difference is my undies. Before they actually looked like I just took them out of the dryer and threw them in the drawer. Now they are just cute and neat. Tee hee hee

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cheri – Happy Birthday! Looks like you have a fun time at the show in Chicago.

DJ – I’m jealous thinking about you preparing for your cruise. Sounds like fun!

Lisa – Sorry you hurt your back. Hope it heals quickly.

Carol – I hope you are able to work out your son’s living arrangements with his father.

Kimses – Those vegies look tasty!

Had a fun afternoon. Met with friends for lunch and then we went bowling. I’m not a good bowler, but it is fun. Have the day off tomorrow for MLK day. I’ll probably log on for a couple of hours to get caught up on a couple of things, but I’m looking forward to getting some things done around the house as well.

Logging off for the night. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Linda/IA