SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- JANUARY 2016 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    OK... bad night.... kept eating....after dinner and I believe it is because I didn't have a 'plan' to keep busy... I just sat and watch tv and ATE ATE ATE.... tomorrow is another day... I will start, or RE-start my NO SNACKING STREAK Again ..

Eating while watching TV can be a trigger for me, too. I can relate!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Me:15 *
    LNS:0

Surgery in about three hours! Been trying so hard to stay on track, every pound off will make healing that much easier! Glad to have the challenge!

Hope all goes well!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    I have signed up for this challenge at this ungodly hour. Needless to say I am hungry now, but I will drink some water. So my goal is nothing after dinner.

welcome!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    CarrieA180 wrote: »
    Bookmarked! See you next year! :p
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    2016 is here!!! Let's make this a winning month!!

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

You will notice some people post streaks of how many days they are free of late night snacking. This is definitely not a requirement, but if you want to do it for motivation, it works well.

Welcome!

NonaMarie here, is it to late to join this challenge?
    Me: 1 - LNS: 0
    Goals
    No eating after 8 pm

Welcome! It's never too late to join! :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Friday 1/15 ..... ME -winner / LNS ZIP/ZERO/NADA‼️‼️‼️

Yay!!!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    I'm glad i found this challenge.....i will do gr8 all day and then ruin everthing in a matter of minutes at night... AARRRGH!!! I choose ME over LNS, 2nite it begins!!!

Yup! I know the feeling of throwing away a good day with LNS'ing. I hope we can all be of some encouragement to you.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    novio50 wrote: »
    I'm new here but I question starving myself after 7pm. I'm a late owl & an early bird so I'm up at midnight prepping for the next day & up at 6am. I do understand that late night snacking can be a thorn but is there any other way? I'm thinking a protein shake w/low fat milk or water (if you can stomach it) should be an option. I think it's the difference between a lifestyle change vs a short/long term goal.

This challenge is what you want it to be. Do whatever works for you. The point is to not let the snacking get out of control. It sounds like you have a unique situation; I hope you are getting enough sleep. Keep us informed on what you decide to do and how it works for you. I appreciate any tips, and welcome!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Me: 17*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 139
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Sorry for inundating the message boards...just catching up. Tonight I am feeling the hunger. I probably should've eaten a little more at my niece's engagement party, but then I ate around 4 p.m., too. Well, it's a good thing I'm in bed. I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Jan 17

Me: 15*
    LNS: 2
    Streak: 7
    ~~~~~
    January goals
    1. Consistency - diet / fitness
    2. Protein drink AFTER morning exercise
    3. Make sodium goal

My husband decides the wants to make popcorn, yikes! I was able to resist, yay for me!!!!!

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    cadownham wrote: »
    Me: 13*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 135

Amazing, have you been doing this for a previous challenge? Thought it had just started

This challenge has been ongoing for a few months. It used to be its own group, but the people who moderated the group as well as its members weren't really active anymore. I really wanted a challenge like this, so I decided to put it on the message board to get more people to join and it has definitely worked!!

It's good to see people encouraging each other without that there is little point
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 15*
    Streak: 1 :)
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    Streak: 2

After Friday night's senseless snacking shenanigans I decided to start doing something with my hands at night, so for the last two nights I stayed busy creating a little art project at my desk. Worked wonders to keep my mind off of food. B)
  • missyw007
    missyw007 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    But cookies and milk taste so good
  • simplycleanfit
    simplycleanfit Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Please count me in...starting tonight!

Me:
    Lns:
    Streak:
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 0

I was starving last night, tried drinking water then tea to see if it would pass but my stomach was still giving me grief so I had a snack.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    gardengirI wrote: »
    Please count me in...starting tonight!

Me:
    Lns:
    Streak:

Good luck
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I guess I will start this 'streak' again today....
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    I guess I will start this 'streak' again today....

Pam I wondered why you hadn't been in the board. Come on Pam you know how good it makes you feel
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Day 17
    ME - 17
    LNS- 0
    Streak 17