People That Think Low-Carb is Good For You are Wrong

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I love it when people get all preachy and tell people what to do with their mouths. I like meaty things in my mouth.

tumblr_inline_n7jv83Gdbh1spte2w.gif

• opycha wrote: »
    DataSeven wrote: »
    Geez... is this high-carb vegan movement like jehovah's witnesses or something? Like... *knock, knock* Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about how eating 100 bananas a day is a good idea?

When have I EVER said that eating 100 banana's is good for you.
    opycha wrote: »
    Geez... is this high-carb vegan movement like jehovah's witnesses or something? Like... *knock, knock* Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about how eating 100 bananas a day is a good idea?

Lol I feel like that comment would have been much more effective had DataSeven had my username instead. Wait, never mind......
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Anything in a caloric excess will cause one to gain weight. Fact. I can't eat 3000 calories a day of just fruits and vegetables and think that because it is plant based that I won't gain weight.

Two, ketosis is not hurtful in the short term or the long term, unless someone has an underlying condition like liver or kidney failure.

Also, how about you do you and let other people worry about what and how they fill their own plates. Just some friendly advice.

Eating meat isn't a personal choice so I wont let "them do them".

ok then. Good luck with that. You don't get to decide what people decide to eat or not. It's not up to you. This is not a dictatorship of some 19 year old who just got all over-excited when he decided to go vegan yesterday. All you are doing is becoming that stereotype (while being grossly misinformed) of those obnoxious vegetarians or vegans that people hate.

This said from the person who has been a vegetarian almost as long as you have been alive. Focus on your own plate kiddo.

^^^^THIS!!

She got me! She'd called me obnoxious, wow!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    I would like to apologize for this fool on behalf of all the sane vegans of the world.
  • Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    People's diets are slowly killing them, oh well. Guess they'll find out in the long run.

News flash.... we are all dying.

Just trying to prolong it bud.

Get your blood work done, keep eating the way you are now and get it done again in one year. Then we will see who's life expectancy is longer.
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    People's diets are slowly killing them, oh well. Guess they'll find out in the long run.

Get your blood work done, keep eating the way you are now and get it done again in one year. Then we will see who's life expectancy is longer.

By the way you're looking, probably mine.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Psst, OP. Antagonism and spreading misinformation isn't a good foundation for solid advocacy.

• Runfaster14
    Anything in a caloric excess will cause one to gain weight. Fact. I can't eat 3000 calories a day of just fruits and vegetables and think that because it is plant based that I won't gain weight.

Two, ketosis is not hurtful in the short term or the long term, unless someone has an underlying condition like liver or kidney failure.

Also, how about you do you and let other people worry about what and how they fill their own plates. Just some friendly advice.

Eating meat isn't a personal choice so I wont let "them do them".

ok then. Good luck with that. You don't get to decide what people decide to eat or not. It's not up to you. This is not a dictatorship of some 19 year old who just got all over-excited when he decided to go vegan yesterday. All you are doing is becoming that stereotype (while being grossly misinformed) of those obnoxious vegetarians or vegans that people hate.

This said from the person who has been a vegetarian almost as long as you have been alive. Focus on your own plate kiddo.

^^^^THIS!!

She got me! She'd called me obnoxious, wow!

OH - it wasn't just her! We are all calling you obnoxious. Because you are naïve and extremely closed minded. Believing in something is great, just be knowledgeable as well.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

lolwut
  • Runfaster14

AW, now you are just being cute!
  • opycha wrote: »

Lol. Did you click on her profile? Because damn! Anyhoo, one thing you will hopefully learn with age is that when asked to back up your claims, resorting to personal insults makes you look foolish.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    OMP33 wrote: »

So ... are you going to explain how my vegetarian, high in fruits and veggies diet led to my high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder or are you just going to ignore that?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited January 2016
    OP Deacto.

Edit, I see it was just a name change. So charming when they do that.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    odusgolp wrote: »
    I love it when people get all preachy and tell people what to do with their mouths. I like meaty things in my mouth.

tumblr_inline_n7jv83Gdbh1spte2w.gif

Giggidy.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    OMP33 wrote: »

OMG -- BINGO!!! i have forum BINGO!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    hmm,I have high cholesterol. had it since before I became overweight. the dr suggest I go on a low cholesterol diet which meant cutting out red meat,most oils,some condiments,nuts,etc. and guess what? went back 6 months later and my cholesterol went up cutting those things out. know what lowers my cholesterol? when I eat lower carbs and I still eat meat too.If I ate 400g of carbs a day I would probably have a stroke,my cholesterol would be through a 13 story buildings roof.my cholesterol suffers when I eat more than 250 grams of carbs. so your argument is invalid because high carbs are not healthy for me. you are always going to find stuff on the internet that states this food is bad for you,or that food is bad for you. It doesnt matter how a person eats some people will still have health issues no matter how well they eat.I will always have some of my health issues no matter if i went vegan,vegetarian,low carb,keto,etc. your entitled to your beliefs but you have no right to tell people that how they eat is not healthy. ohhhh you must be a certain youtuber follower who spouts the same nonsense about high carbs.now I see where all this pushing your "food religion" onto others is coming from
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Oh--I have learned so much too.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    I agree, carbs are your fuel, I burn 1000 calories a day, I NEED FUEL!
  • minikinminx
    minikinminx Posts: 2 Member
    At the risk of feeding a troll, which is somewhat ironic on a forum mostly diet related.... OP, if you are serious and not just a fecal aggitator, you are so misinformed. Any diet taken to the extreme is unhealthy. As is over exercising or anything really. There is no one true way for all people to thrive.

I eat on average 30-45gr carbs per meal. With that I control my diabetes and can avoid insulin for the time being. Your proposed diet would have me sick and fat. Due to potential kidney issues common with diabetics, I can't eat a super high protien diet. I don't count calories. I don't eat LCHF, I eat a diet that works for me and enables me to feel good.

I (sadly) must avoid extreme workouts as I am at risk of ketoacidoses. Supplements and other additives must be weighed for effectiveness vs risk. Carbs with a protien make the best before bed snack to avoid morning phenomenone. Veggies and some fruits are staples during the day. Proteins with meals, and some fat to slow the processing of carbs.

Hopefully with time you will mature. If you do, you may realize how big the world is, and how little you actually know about it. Stating one diet works is as assinine as telling me all people look good in orange clothes.

There was once a man who hoped to rise to power with the belief that there was only one way, and no room for alternatives. He also beleived that if a lie was repeated often enough people would beleive it. He concentrated on only one enemy at a time. With your fanatical believe that low carb is bad and that is gospel, you may want to take a look at Hitler's psychological profile, and his use of "the big lie".
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    ..........Or people can just choose to be sensible, find what works for their own goals and not listen to strangers on the internet that have zero knowledge of all the different problems high carb diets can create for some people that are more sensitive to carbs.

If carbs work for you, awesome. Meanwhile I am going to stick to my lower to moderate carb diet that has been suggested to me by multiple doctors to deal with my PCOS.

Everything is not one size fits all.
This discussion has been closed.