stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    OMP33 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Bunch of moderators defending low carb and keto

Ya gotta laugh

:)

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but this is what struck me as hilarious... how many of the people who normally are moderation proponents in the LCHF threads, are defending LC and ketogenic diets in the face of someone so extreme...

OP I for one would just like to thank you for bringing so many of us together. Now who is going to lead us in a round of Kumbaya...

That is.. If you have the energy to get up and do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss

Bahahahahahahahahaa! hahahahaha.
    OMG this is precious. Thanks so much for sharing.

Is it Freelee?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Ya gotta laugh

I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but this is what struck me as hilarious... how many of the people who normally are moderation proponents in the LCHF threads, are defending LC and ketogenic diets in the face of someone so extreme...

OP I for one would just like to thank you for bringing so many of us together. Now who is going to lead us in a round of Kumbaya...

That is.. If you have the energy to get up and do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss

Huh? Did you think I'm an advocate for a ketogenic diet? You apparently haven't looked at my diary.

Scores for this thread so far:

Ironic Humor: 9.5
    Bringing opposing view points together in the face of a common enemy: 8.8
    Reading comprehension of OP: 2.5
    Trolling capability of OP: 1.2
    Chances of being locked before 3pm CST: 100%

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options

Ya gotta laugh

Bahahahahahahahahaa! hahahahaha.
    OMG this is precious. Thanks so much for sharing.

Is it Freelee?

Nope. It's a guy denouncing the ketogenic diet by starting off saying you won't be able to get an erection.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    rml_16 wrote: »
    opycha wrote: »
    People's diets are slowly killing them, oh well. Guess they'll find out in the long run.

News flash.... we are all dying.

Just trying to prolong it bud.

So ... are you going to explain how my vegetarian, high in fruits and veggies diet led to my high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder or are you just going to ignore that?

You said "vegetarian", what else were you eating besides fruits and veggies?

Your original post specified vegan or vegetarian. I was vegetarian. Please explain. I ate no meat (including fish). I was a true vegetarian.

What else did you eat besides fruit and veggies?

The usual.

You put forth the scenario. You don't get to move the goal posts. Please and thank you, why do I have high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder from following the diet you claim leads to only perfect health and no death?

You probably did not eat the right things outside of fruits and veggies.

Yeah. She totes didn't eat enough cereal.

LMAO,I was telling hubby about this and he said the same thing you did,
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent poe.
    Big thumbs up to OP
    8 pages so quickly!
    Hats off to you.

Had me for a sec
    I thought you made a haiku
    No? It's time to start...
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Options
    People's diets are slowly killing them, oh well. Guess they'll find out in the long run.

So ... are you going to explain how my vegetarian, high in fruits and veggies diet led to my high cholesterol and an autoimmune disorder or are you just going to ignore that?

Your original post specified vegan or vegetarian. I was vegetarian. Please explain. I ate no meat (including fish). I was a true vegetarian.

Are you under the impression that vegans eat nothing but fruits and vegetables?

I'm simply asking a question as to why she has high cholesterol?

High cholesterol can be hereditary.

And as I said previously a high total cholesterol number isn't necessarily bad. My total cholesterol is on the high side but my LDL's, HDL's, and Tri's are in the correct range.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Big thumbs up to OP
    8 pages so quickly!
    Hats off to you.

Had me for a sec

High Carb is awesome
    I eat no fats and proteins
    Cereal all day.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1yCeFmn_e2c
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Big thumbs up to OP
    8 pages so quickly!
    Hats off to you.

Had me for a sec

Eat all of the carbs
    Protein is killing you all
    Fat is not your friend.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

And broccoli grains

I do adore broccoli grains.
  • Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    OP--where did your diary go? I wanted to learn to eat correctly by following your example. Sigh.

He locked it after we saw that he eats little more than cereal.

Let's see yours

MINE is always open--I have nothing to hide. o:)

Tbh, not as bad as some people's I've seen. Liking the carb intake, like pasta and such.

I live in Italy, dear.

And I am sure you feel so much better knowing your diet is approved by the OP!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    jcbenes wrote: »

And broccoli grains

This right here had me tearing up!!! Oh, those broccoli grains.

Wait.... Is that a GMO?

68hlz59pxyr7.jpg

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Please explain to me why life expectancy of vegetarians is shorter than people that eat a healthy diet including meat? (I am talking a well balanced diet here not those eating crap) it's around 3 years for men and closer to 5 years for woman. Also please explain to me why the instance of depression is higher in vegetarians?
    Being vegetarian or vegan is your choice and I know lots of them and respect that, but don't go preaching crap you have read on blogs by extremists!!! True vegetarians don't eat meat or animal products because they don't want harm against animals good on them for that!
    Also eggs are one of natures most complete foods and they don't cause high cholesterol at all!!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Please explain to me why life expectancy of vegetarians is shorter than people that eat a healthy diet including meat? (I am talking a well balanced diet here not those eating crap) Also please explain to me why the instance of depression is higher in vegetarians?

Lack of bacon.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP--where did your diary go? I wanted to learn to eat correctly by following your example. Sigh.

He locked it after we saw that he eats little more than cereal.

Let's see yours

MINE is always open--I have nothing to hide. o:)

Tbh, not as bad as some people's I've seen. Liking the carb intake, like pasta and such.

I live in Italy, dear.

And I am sure you feel so much better knowing your diet is approved by the OP!

Oh I do! Am so relieved that I'm going to live. Sorry for the rest of you. :'(
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Op, I bet your friends and family are loving your new found expertise and enthusiasm on diet and nutrition. Or, they just want to stick a sock in your mouth to shut you up. Socks are vegan, by the way.
  • Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Get your blood work done, keep eating the way you are now and get it done again in one year. Then we will see who's life expectancy is longer.

By the way you're looking, probably mine.

mmm gonna have to call bs on that one... have you seen that girl!?!? good lawd ;)<3

You are so sweet! Funny what a balanced diet will do
  • OMP33
    OMP33 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Please explain to me why life expectancy of vegetarians is shorter than people that eat a healthy diet including meat? (I am talking a well balanced diet here not those eating crap) Also please explain to me why the instance of depression is higher in vegetarians?

Please please cite some sources.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Psst, OP. Antagonism and spreading misinformation isn't a good foundation for solid advocacy.

Preach.

I have been a vegetarian for a long long time and have recently had some more significant vegan leanings. I recently joined a vegan running group and one of my first questions was how accepting they were of people all along the spectrum. The girl who ran the group who is a devout vegan said that she knows the best way to spread the word and to help people along whatever journey they have is to accept them where they are. And yep, it's working. I am much more vegan friendly since joining their little cohort and it is because they are incredibly knowledgeable and not pushy. Additionally, they are incredibly well informed and try as hard as they might to not be biased.

The other day I was walking my dogs and a woman pulled her car over randomly and asked me if I loved my dogs. When I said "yes," she began lecturing me about how I could love dogs but eat other animals (I still have no idea what provoked this). I managed to break into her lecture and let her know that I had been vegan for about ten years, so it wasn't an issue.
    She's lucky she didn't stop me, instead. ;)

This discussion has been closed.