The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• carly030
    carly030 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've just completed day 4 today but I do Martial Arts 3 times a week as well. Been feeling a bit achey and tired but today I felt that 30DS was getting much easier.

Everyone's photos look great and are a good incentive to keep going for the full 30 days!
  • sarah120906
    sarah120906 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you are up for it I would include additional time at the gym. It will only boost your results:)

(This was quoted but for some reason they're not showing up. Anyways, it's in response to the person who asked if anyone does additional work-outs.)
  • avg1986
    avg1986 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    After sitting here looking at the pictures of you all and thinking 'woe is me and my fat bum' I decided to give it a go and holy cow, How are you all still alive after 30 days?????

Day one down and gone forever, Lets hope i can move tomorrow to reach day 2!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am going to start this tonight!!
  • ebilharz
    ebilharz Posts: 20
    Options
    Me too! I'm going to go get it right after work because all of your results look amazing!
  • dawnstl
    dawnstl Posts: 91
    Options
    Wow, I cannot believe these results! So sounds like most people continue with their other exercising and just add the 30 day Shred. Any special diet to do during the same time?
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love this thread - to all who posted before and after pics, you are amazing! I'm going on vacay in a little over a month (with shutterbug friends who will likely post pics of me in a bathing suit on facebook...gah) so I bought this and am giving it a shot.

I'm on day 3 of the shred, also doing C25K (started same day) and other cardio/strength training mixed in. Fingers crossed for good results...
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow, these results are simply amazing! I'm starting the 30ds tomorrow and can't wait :D
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started the 30DS last night and OMG I am so sore. I will post pictures and measurements next month.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    couple things...

I hear day 4 is the make it or break it...so push through that and it apparently gets easier!!

as for the other workouts...I don't think that JM's intention was to do other workouts, but I am sure the more you do, the better your results!! I am gonna just do yoga and stretching to even out my muscle "tightness" and see how that goes!! My recommendation...do what you will be able to maintain for the 30 days!!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just did level 2 day one yesterday! Sore today!! I really have a hard time doing the oblique jump/twist thingys...! Thought they loosed easy and was surprised when they weren't lol.

Also, much more plank-related stuff in level 2. I can feel myself getting stronger :D
  • hoodanasir
    hoodanasir Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    tried it once for a week and didn't finish. will definitely start again tomorrow morning after seeing all the results. amazing!
  • sarah120906
    sarah120906 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    couple things...

I hear day 4 is the make it or break it...so push through that and it apparently gets easier!!

as for the other workouts...I don't think that JM's intention was to do other workouts, but I am sure the more you do, the better your results!! I am gonna just do yoga and stretching to even out my muscle "tightness" and see how that goes!! My recommendation...do what you will be able to maintain for the 30 days!!

Funny you say that...on day 4 I struggled to complete the shred and all I wanted to do was snack! It does get way easier after that:)
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The before and after pics and stories are amazing! I've been looking for something to boost my moral again, I lost over 50lb already and all I need now is to lose 18 more lbs but I just dont have that drive I did at the beginning. I think I'll get the 30 day shred, you guys have inspired me and I was needing to be inspired!
  • charlotteg1988
    charlotteg1988 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    couple things...

Funny you say that...on day 4 I struggled to complete the shred and all I wanted to do was snack! It does get way easier after that:)

Also D4L1, and I can honestly say I did not have the motivation this a.m. but my toddler insisted we go for a walk. So we did a great 1.75mi walk and when we got home i had plenty of energy to push through the shred. Im really looking forward to tomorrows shred to hit that halfway point in Level 1. You all are doing so great. I love seeing these inspiring stories. Its what keeps me going for sure. Keep it up everyone.
  • tjalt
    tjalt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 yesterday (did 9 out of 10 days) and so far I have lost 5 pounds and 6 inches!!! I have been at a plateau with my wt for almost 2 years - yikes! - and even gained a little while training for my first marathon I just completed a month ago. I cannot wait to see my results after working hard another 20 days!

Today was on to Level 2 and I was glad for a change and it was tough :)
  • mcrawley22
    mcrawley22 Posts: 128
    Options
    good work everyone!!! very inspirational!!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here... What is this DS thing? Amazing transformation... Very inspiring :)
  • rosadona
    rosadona Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here... What is this DS thing? Amazing transformation... Very inspiring :)

it's 30ds, or 30 day shred. it's a workout dvd from jillian michaels. three levels, ten days at each level.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!