Most annoying "advice" anyone has given you?

Options

Replies

• fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That lifting heavy will make me look like a guy. Um no, just no.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    olusha123 wrote: »
    I have calories left over every night and I'm like "what's going on here?" When I pay attention to how much I put in my face and how full I really am, it's not a struggle anymore. I don't even have cravings really. I used to eat a candy bar every night before bed, don't even want it now. It's pretty weird.

I get this cause I delay my breakfast a lot and eat it around 12. So I end up close to bed with 1700 cals and I need 2000-2200 to lose weight. I hate forcing myself to eat
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    As if the moment you lose weight you have to stop enjoying snacks and treats. No, I just don't eat the whole tin now.
    Yeah. I've had a couple of people treat me this way. My sister did it once and I made sure to eat my daily sweet around her. o:)

• niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was 280 pounds, pregnant and diabetic and injecting myself with insulin and was told it was unhealthy to not have a treat by the person shoving a plate of cake in front of me.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for years. Succeeded in 2012-2014 (5'9" was 145 pounds) and then I got pregnant and let myself go, so here I am again (185 pounds, 9 months post-partum). Anyways, I have a guy friend who is in good shape and tells me "you know it's just as easy losing weight as it is putting it on." No, I'm sorry - that isn't the case for me. It's way easier for me to get fast food for lunch than to plan my meals ahead of time and weigh my food. I told him I've been under my calorie goals too which I was proud of myself for and he said "if you want to eat something, just eat it." Which is true in a sense, but it's still hard trying to ignore all my old favorites. I just feel like he doesn't understand. Ok, I'm done ranting :smile:

yes! ugh. i hate when people say i don't need to lose weight or i look fine; and then i tell them how much i weigh and they're shocked. the worse thing people do to me is make me feel ashamed for wanting a better body, especially when they are in shape!
  • Mongo5918
    Mongo5918 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    CICO is the most moronic advice ever given.
  • alyjb1121
    Options
    All the detoxes and the WRAPS. Oh, the wraps. So annoying.

I was losing weight with food and gym steadily in 2014 and one day posted something on FB about it and it blew up with people suggesting all these products and companies......people who i saw start these products, see fast results then quit and yo-yo and start again. No thanks. So I may have blown it up with my own advice and told them that i did not need any of it nor would i . haha.
  • alyjb1121
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    I swear to god if I hear one more ?!*#ing person say " ohhh should you be eating that? ". I'm going to actually kill somebody

yes this one too. I made pizza one night and someone said, "aren't you on a diet?". i said no i am on a lifestyle change and I know exactly how many claories are in each serving and how much i can eat of it.....sheesh.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym a few years ago and had a body comp/training session with a personal trainer. Everything was fine until we finished, then he started hawking Advocare and the 24 Day Challenge. Umm, no.
  • sleepyspider
    sleepyspider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That high-fat makes you fat, and low-fat is the best thing for you.

Lost 20lb on a LCHF diet.

Do what works for you.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    not really advice, but now that I have lost quite a bit of weight whenever I have a biscuit or a cake in the office someone mentions something about me not eating that stuff because my body is a "temple".

As if the moment you lose weight you have to stop enjoying snacks and treats. No, I just don't eat the whole tin now.

This!!! Lol
  • zira91
    Options
    not really advice, but now that I have lost quite a bit of weight whenever I have a biscuit or a cake in the office someone mentions something about me not eating that stuff because my body is a "temple".

This!!! Lol :D
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Your plastic water bottle will make you fat buy a glass one......
  • zira91
    Options
    You only absorb 40% of animal protein and 90% of vegetable protein.

She worked at herbalife

yup.. herbalife.. i have that one friend and its pretty annoying..
    nah.. plus, the price of those things are very expensive and i'd rather spend it on 'real meat' , rice and other groceries than those protein/carb replacement..
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »

Wat?
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Detox. I dislike the phrase and I dislike the 'detox' diets.

I have liver/kidneys etc. They detoxify me just fine, thanks. I do NOT need to 'go on a detox'.

I like to ask, specifically what toxins am I purging from my body?
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Wat?

The plastic will leach all sorts of nasty chemicals into the water that will mess.with my hormones and make me fat. .....and here's me thinking it was Cadbury making me fat.....

• SamathaDain
    SamathaDain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Why are you going to the gym? You don't need to lose weight!

It irritates me so much! I go to the gym to be strong and stay healthy. I lose weight because I remember how hard it was to lose 30 lbs and prefer to lose the extra 5 I put on before it turns into an extra 30 lbs.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Wat?

The plastic will leach all sorts of nasty chemicals into the water that will mess.with my hormones and make me fat. .....and here's me thinking it was Cadbury making me fat.....

Oooh good to know; less plastic, more Cadbury. But, is the wrapper around the Cadbury coated in plastic? Also, must make a note to stock up on real Cadbury when visiting Scotland this summer...
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Guests, in my home, telling me that what we eat and drink (or don't eat or drink) is wrong, poison, unhealthy, etc etc. When they come, we offer a mix of foods so that people can eat what they want to. Cereal, bread, veggies, meat or fish, soft drinks, coffee, tea, wine or alcohol, all on offer. We have even included desserts when we know it is something that the visitor feels is part of the meal. We just limit our choices, not theirs. But there is always an opinion about our diet.

But to hear a lecture that diet sodas are poison because of the chemicals, when I offered you a choice of regular or diet when you asked for a soda???? Really???? Pointing out that my husband is diabetic so we keep diet on hand in case he wants to join in, ended the conversation.

My diet, my choice. Your diet, your choice. Please do not comment or judge.