WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm helping my DH to tear up the dining room and kitchen floor. Then lay as much wood floor as possible. Part of the kitchen is going to be granite tile. This will be a 3 weekend project! Stay safe and warm everyone!

Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    BP- 1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    snowin to beat the band here in Connecticut, hunkered down and will make the old boy a calzone for dinner.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Carol: The Far From the Madding Crowd version with Jonathan Firth (yes Colin Firth's brother) I like better. I will say the lead actress, Cate Mulligan, does a great job in the newer version.

The Alan Bates version is great too. I miss him. He was one of my favorite actors.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ig0q8g9ubqpd.jpeg
    History buffs, this is Elfreth's Alley in Philly during a lull in the blizzard. I think it might be the oldest continuously occupied residential street in the country?
    Do you burn more calories walking in the cold?
    Betty
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    :weary:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ I will look for the other version. Hope it's on Netflix.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sylvia – I found it a lot easier to go from sweet tea to unsweetened tea; by adding some unsweetened tea to my sweet tea until I was drinking unsweetened tea totally. Most restaurants will bring you one of each and an extra empty glass to pour them into or they’ll sometimes do it for you. I never like artificial sweeteners; although I grew up with tea sweetened with saccharine.
    It’s cold and windy; but, sunny here in SW GA. I have a friend in Virginia who is getting slammed by the weather.

nccarolb – We don’t have any of the bad weather in SW GA; but, it is cold and windy; but, sunny. Cracker has gone out and stayed out because DOS’s dogs are out. I’m sure when they get tired of playing and go home, she will come to the door wanting in. She’s been a little hyper coming in from the cold to the warmth of the house. I think both Cracker and our cat, Tux, would freak at the snow.
    bkrimpet - I’m not someone who know about burning calories; but, if you have to pick your feet up to step in the snow; I think I would post it as ‘marching’; and, I’d think that would be more than just walking. Not sure where you’d find it; but, if I could find ‘hula-hooping’ I am sure that somewhere there is a ‘marching’ exercise somewhere. Beautiful home! I’m sure it is a beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside.

I don't know if a young lady by the name of Amanda (26) has asked to join our 'group' for motivation and support; but, I told her I did not think anybody would ever say "no" to her although most of us are 50 or older. She says she needs 'motivation' and 'support'. I told her I think she'd find she had come to the right place.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yoga done. Then I started feeling really nauseous and sick, so I've got some kind of bug. On the couch and need more Netflix suggestions. (But at least I got my workout in before I crashed. Ugh. )
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)

• rgrossma558
    rgrossma558 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Penny yes I remember you mentioning your connection to St. Paul. The picture has a misty quality about it because it was taken in the morning of a cloudy day. Going to see the poinsettia show at the Conservatory is one of my holiday traditions.

December goals:

Will continue to eat many fruits and vegetables.
    Watch portions better.
    Exercise daily be it a walk or one of my many fitness videos
    Continue to touch base with friends and ask about their lives
    In that vein not to get so caught up in DH health issues that it is all I can talk about
    Continue to stop and enjoy something Beautiful everyday
    Continue in new choir

Word:Grace

Quote: Just because you see the hook does not mean you need to bite.
    Need to watch my portions more closely. Having some weight creep. Sleeping better on the days I don't stand too long. If I am standing working at exercises that relieve some of the stress.

January goals:
    Same as December goals
    Add laugh daily

Didn't exercise enough in December and was not as careful with portions as I needed to be, so had more weight creep. I am finding I am the opposite we asked about DH health issues. I like to hear about and talk about other things.

Watched a Graham Norton video with Bennedict Cumberbatch posing with otters on you-tube that created tears of laughter.

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Kimses in MA The CHEAP cookies are the worst. It's like a mega container, all lined up so amazingly beautiful... (swats myself out of the artificial cream-filled haze).... I need to just stop buying those, my son doesn't eat enough of them to make it a smart purchase! Need to just buy a smaller package that fits in my husband and sons snack drawer!!! I got this...
    Becca
    (drawing out my plan of action)
    in Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rusty and slow today. :ohwell:

239603iu9tyt3tga.gif
  • Annr
    Options
    Ah, Becca, you made me cry. Thank you.

wholly Smokes don't cry now!!!!!! Good happy tears only. GET OUT the slices of cucumbers to put on your eyes to reduce swelling...

I have actually had that done. It was in Korea mind you, and a fellow Navy wife friend and I had a massage, which included a facial. Picture 6 ladies for each of us. They were giggling (have they not EVER seen a huge American lady before SHEEESH!) For $30 I had the salad on my face, and they scrubbed our bodies with sea salt. They even woke me up to show me all the dead skin they were scrubbing off me....good....good...EEEKK...I am a lizard.... Then one set me on a stool, washed my hair, my body, and we both got to marinate in a hot pool. An afternoon of heaven for $30 bucks!!
    Becca
    scaring masseuse's in
    foreign countries but
    presently in Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    well just got back from shoveling the deck and a path for the boys~ did I mention that I hate snow? well maybe not hate that is a strong word~ very very strongly dislike snow..
    I am soaked, just what I need with a cold, but im in my jammies now..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday dear ladies. I have been sick most this last week and so have not checked in or done very good eating. I am working today and not feeling the best, but better then I was. That darn flu really kicked my butt. So once again I am way behind. I will do my best to catch up.

Bonnie--Welcome, Sorry to hear about your son. It is not easy to lose a child. Prayers and hugs for all of you.

Pip--Happy dance for you and selling the car and parts.

Carol--Sorry to hear about the break in, did they take anything of value? Looks like a mess. Hugs!

Beth--I agree it could be the Holy spirit working. I know that learning to accept help is humbling. And I know the joy I feel when I can help someone. So who am I to keep that good feeling from someone else. Easier said then done, but I am working on it.

Sylvia--That tray is going to be very pretty. You are so talented in many things.

Rosie & Allison--So sorry to hear about your friend. Take care of yourself.

Michele--Love the welcome sign.

Well I am to the bottom of page 64. My head feels full as big as a house. So going to get ready to go home soon. DGD is coming to spend the night as her parents have a Christmas party for work this evening. It will be ok as she takes care of herself for the most part. Take care ladies and know that we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well we got slammed by the snowstorm! At our house we had almost 18" by the time it stopped snowing. Been trying to dig out today. The interstates have been closed and we have been in a state of emergency. So ready for spring!

gafnocxohjda.jpeg

This is taken from my back porch this morning around 8:00. Went out and it was really hard to walk. The snow was over my boots!

Donna in snowy WV
  • Annr
    Options
    Husband and I rec'd some VISA gift cards from his momma, and it's tough to spend $50, when you think about it. You want to honor the sender, so no buying of gas, or normal food, but mine is still in my purse burning a hole I swear! Yesterday we did use some of it to go to a Mexican restaurant we like. I will have to take husband out next time I suppose. We had the lunch special of two fahitas. I guessamated everything but I think I was on target for most of it. I have definitely changed in how I look at food. Seeing items smashed into a cup or tablespoon :-)

Last night I used a new pan for making my awesome Bisquick Ultimate pancakes. So they were doing OK but husband cut one and it was still a bit "battery" on the inside. Interestingly enough I took the pancake off his plate so fast and threw it into the sink so fast it surprised even me.... I let things get to me.... My mother was a perfectionist, and I still hate being called out on it. My husband was gently putting it in the pan too....he did nothing wrong. I just am so REACTIONARY... I told him sorry.

Today I am trying my new pizza brand 'Bon Appetit', the mozzarella & pesto one for lunch. I will let you know if its any good. For 310 calories for two slices it BETTER!
    Becca
    Oregon