Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Kay, thanks for the explanation of the short bus. We didn’t have bus service when I went to school and I don’t know about any short buses when my DD went. I always learn things on here. I agree that “my bad” just sounds a bit strange even if you know what it means. My DH loves “Duh” and wishes he had it when he was in high school. Lol Talking about floors, in my last three homes I’ve put ceramic tile in my kitchen. I had a floor man once tell me it was the only truly “no wax floor”. That was a number of years ago and I imagine there are others these days.

Heather, I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your haggis and other goodies. I have tried roasted cabbage cut into steaks about an inch thick. As much as I love so many veggies roasted, that wasn’t my favorite.

Allie, sorry you didn’t have the best day yesterday. Hopefully today will be better.

Chris, it sounds like you are getting back on track. We are rooting for you and know you can do it. cheer.gif

Jane, she is a doll!!! Maybe she’ll be a model?

Sylvia, love your term. “one butt kitchen”. I knew exactly what you meant when I read it. I love the fish platter and wouldn’t have known of a problem if you hadn’t pointed it out. Just cover it with fish!

Katla, glad you had a good day and that you didn’t have to cook.

micheleNC, when I lived in NC I didn’t worry about boots because the snow was usually gone in a couple of days. LOL

mindy, congrats on your loss. Definitely go for the job as you have nothing to lose. Love the doggies!!!

KJL, that dog sounds like it had been trained as a Service Dog. I couldn’t believe when I read that it is not even your sister’s. How special!!

Allie, that brought tears to my eyes when I read about your cousin’s dog. I hope it will be okay. Sending prayers for it and your aunt.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I didn’t sleep well last night. Every position I got in was painful. Normally I don’t have both hips and shoulders hurting at once. Anyway, on GMA this morning they had the lady that does the decluttering and fancy folding. So I got in the mood again and have done a little this morning. I even washed my makeup brushes for some reason? LOL Going to lunch with DH then will probably take a nap.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Reading and typing on my phone so will be short.

On hardwood floors, we have them in our kitchen and entryway and love them. Hubby put a rubber floor that looks like wood in the bathroom due to the moisture there. It looks and even feels like wood.

Sylvia - LOL on your reference to a one butt kitchen. We always say there are too many butts in the kitchen when it is getting crowded.

Working today but excited to take Wednesday afternoon off to go watch my daughter in a bowling tournament. She is nowhere near the skill of Terri's son but it is fun to watch.

Had a cheat day yesterday so am getting back on track today. Did my morning Wii Cardio Boxing before work so started the day out right.

Linda/IA
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! It's warmer here today, but threatening rain. Our yard is already so muddy that when I got home from the store yesterday there were so many muddy footprints on the kitchen floor that it looked like a whole herd of wild buffalo had just stampeded through. Then, I noticed that the buffalo had gone into the living room - which used to have WHITE carpet - and onto the WHITE sofa. Neither are very white now. I'm going to have to call an upholstery cleaning service, but I'll wait till the ground dries up a little.

About wood floors...when we remodeled the main part of the house and combined three rooms into one, we had solid wood bamboo flooring installed. That stuff warped like crazy. It is what they call "cupped" where the edges raise up. So it looks horrible to me. Apparently it was not installed properly - according to the flooring manufacturer. According the the installers, it was bad lumber. So nobody would own up to the problem. We keep saying that we are going to have it sanded down, but we never have. We put dark gray ceramic tile in the kitchen, and that was a BIG mistake too. Spots's first night with us he had a little accident and it leached the color out of the tile. Right in a really visible place too. Now, being a potter, I know that it was a bad glaze and they shouldn't be selling it for flooring, but they insist is is fine. They offered to replace just the three bad tiles. We haven't done that either. If I had it to do over again, I would have gone with vinyl in the kitchen and bathroom and engineered lumber in the great room.

Today our coop group is meeting again, so I'm not going to get much done today. One lady is really pushing us to get things done - which is a good thing - but she apparently thinks we have nothing else to do. She wants to meet again on Thursday.

I got in trouble yesterday. My son called last night during Downton Abbey to tell me that DGD#1 had screwed up. She told me that their bedroom has a bad musty/moldy smell coming from the heater vents and there wasn't anything that could be done about it. So I took her to the store and we shopped for air freshener. She picked one that was a clear square jar filled with slimy peach colored gel-filled balls. We read the instructions and she said she understood. I told her NOT to take those balls out of that jar for any reason. OK, I won't, she said. Well, my son said she had taken them all out of the jar and used the jar to hold something else, and there were little slimy gel balls all over the place. She had given half of them to DGS so they were all over his room too. So, I got in trouble for buying her the thing in the first place. Grrr! Sometimes I think she is 6 and not 11.

I got to the Y this morning and found that there was a man using my favorite piece of equipment. This is a guy who uses it for 45 minutes at a time, so I thought getting there at 7:30 I would beat him to it, but no. he was already there. So I did the treadmill and bicycle along with the weight machines. It might be warm enough this week to walk outside. Fingers crossed.

Gotta go get busy. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    We have engineered hardwood in the living and dining room and congoleum (vinyl) in the kitchen. Ceramic tile in the baths. I dislike the vinyl because I chose a whitish color and it shows every little bit that gets dropped on it. But, will say that my Shark steam cleaner keeps it pretty clean. My sister just put the vinyl plank flooring that looks like wood in her house and seems to be very happy with it.

I made potato soup with a can of added white chicken for lunch and must say it was delicious and very low fat. But, I probably at too much.

Carol
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,764 Member
    Options
    Miriam ... I appreciate your education us on the various mental health terms. My older son has a diagnosis but to tell you the truth I don't know whether it's accurate.

Alison ... Yes you do care about Valentine's Day or you wouldn't have mentioned it. And regardless of his romantic feelings, for someone he is "devoted to" he should still do something nice. Heck, I've given valentines to people all over the relationship spectrum!

Heather ... Hope you are able to enjoy your special night.

Sylvia ... I love the platter!

Ok ... Do you all remember my lament last January when my son's wheelchair van was unexpectedly condemned? Well, after a lengthy process, today we picked up our new wheelchair van! Only took a year ... Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the last one, but that was intentional. Hoping to extend the longevity of this one. Husband is off having it rust proofed as I type!

Beth near Buffal

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,751 Member
    Options
    Poor Woody is with our dear Yukon...he was almost 16 but fell down a flight of cellar stairs..just heartbroken :'(
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,143 Member
    Options
    Poor Woody is with our dear Yukon...he was almost 16 but fell down a flight of cellar stairs..just heartbroken :'(

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry to hear that!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Allison
    So sorry for your loss. Poor old fella.

Well it's nearing the end of the day and i'm still with it. My lentil and pork soup I made for lunch from leftover held me over snack time and all. Supper is ready all but my cauliflower rice. That won't take long.

You all have a great evening now.

See you all lighter.
    Linda
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Congrats on getting the van for your son's transport.

Allison ~ Sorry for the loss of the pup. It is so hard when we lose one.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mary - that's good to hear, glad it wasn't worse.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Proof I was in the pool :) and the view from my lounge chair.knesh0nxukqq.jpg
    fyonoa0bajfq.jpg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Allie so so sorry that you lost your dear dog Woody.

Janet looking good! I would never want to leave, looks beautiful where you are, and here I am stuck in the cold, with the snow turning an ugly brown slushy color.

Beth hope this new model wheelchair is long lasting, sometimes the more tech they put into things, the more the darn things fall apart.

Karen from NY
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    We have engineered hardwood in the living and dining room and congoleum (vinyl) in the kitchen. Ceramic tile in the baths. I dislike the vinyl because I chose a whitish color and it shows every little bit that gets dropped on it. But, will say that my Shark steam cleaner keeps it pretty clean. My sister just put the vinyl plank flooring that looks like wood in her house and seems to be very happy with it.

Carol

We put the vinyl plank flooring in our Florida room and love it. Most everyone uses this as our main entrance so it gets lots of traffic.

Janetr okc
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Allison, so sorry about Woody.

Beth, yay for the new van.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,143 Member
    Options
    Janetr you look awesome! Great place to work out and relax!

Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95, 5X5X105
    Sumo squats-5X5X 95
    0HP-3X5X 45, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 135

Today I decided to give my body a rest and do a deload. If feels like my battery is drained. Hopefully this will re-energize me!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm here. I'm just drowning these days and totally overwhelmed, but I am trying to do better. Don't forget me!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,751 Member
    Options
    Beth from Buffalo~ I guess your right.. and I figure the best thing I can do is give my DSIL a weekend with my brother... he is in rehab down in Florida, and she will be there for a family session and for the weekend. her mom has alzheimer's not horrible yet but enough and needs to have someone there,for meds,insulin and just to keep her on the straight and narrow..
    My DD texted me today,I guess I am back in her good graces and it all depends on how clean my father's place is ,if Kyle(her boyfriend) will go there.. so I have to take pictures, and send them to her.. really? this is just stupid... but will do what I need to do, will also take a weekend and go up there and try and clean up some..
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Mary, thank you. I really enjoyed the water. I've missed it. I need to get serious about logging my food and getting my exercise in. How easy it is to fall back into bad habits. :/

Janetr okc