Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Damn, ring dip with 45lbs, that's awesome. I can't even do one BW ring dip.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    @juliewatkin @ovidnine @DopeItUp Thx! I'm trying to build the ring dips. Same with weighted pullups. But as I gain bw, things are getting difficult lol. Currently 195-200lb.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    @juliewatkin @ovidnine @DopeItUp Thx! I'm trying to build the ring dips. Same with weighted pullups. But as I gain bw, things are getting difficult lol. Currently 195-200lb.

I need to get my weighted pullups back to where they were. A little over a year ago I was doing 3x5 (1 set wide, 1 neutral, 1 underhand) with 65-75 at a BW of about 185 while working through the Stronglifts 5x5 program.
    mwiqrjai4mq3.gif

I really wanted to get up to two 45lb plates.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited I can share a video with you guys- I gotta figure out how to link an instrgram video- but it's only 190 pounds... but it's the most EVEN "fixed" squat I've squatted since I started going to physical therapy in July.

Seriously- I almost cried- I thought I wasn't going to EVER get better. I still desperately need work- but it was a HUGE step in the right direction.
  • JoRocka
    Options
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nice work @JoRocka ! Glad recovery/PT is starting to get you some results!

I like the music at your gym better than at mine. lol
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm so excited I can share a video with you guys- I gotta figure out how to link an instrgram video- but it's only 190 pounds... but it's the most EVEN "fixed" squat I've squatted since I started going to physical therapy in July.

Seriously- I almost cried- I thought I wasn't going to EVER get better. I still desperately need work- but it was a HUGE step in the right direction.

I hear that. Especially the relief when you realise you aren't going to move like an arthritic badger for the rest of your life. Quite an emotional moment when you see some light at the end of the rehab tunnel!

Solid work!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Nice job. It looks pretty solid. You have the bar quite high. I'm sure your shoulders are happier than mine :)

• JoRocka
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

:) we can play our own music in the "back" room- it's smaller- and it's where they have the bumper plates for OLY lifting- so that's actually my music ;) WINNING
    jimmmer wrote: »

I hear that. Especially the relief when you realise you aren't going to move like an arthritic badger for the rest of your life. Quite an emotional moment when you see some light at the end of the rehab tunnel!

Solid work!

Yeah- it made me SUPER happy- I can't wait to show my Chiro/PT team the video today.

It's kind of funny- you see I'm straight (the areforementioned issue was substantial left twist back and at the bottom of the squat it was dropping down- almost 2-3" Lower than the right hip. Serious back/hip/leg issues waiting to happen under load.

But you can see that left leg is wobbly as hell in the new working position. So it's a good sign- but kind of funny to me.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Awesome work Jo! Knowing that all the hard rehab work is paying off is priceless! @JoRocka
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    PR on squats last night - 270lbs for a set of 3. My best single ever is 281lbs.
  • ash_law
    Options
    I actually video myself working out quite a bit (I say it's to check form, but really I'm just a tool). Here are three @ 425lbs trying to keep my depth in check. I struggle from time to time.

No shame in videoing haha! Nice work!
  • ash_law
    edited January 2016
    Options

Following! I'm excited to see stuff about your awesome bench!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

:) we can play our own music in the "back" room- it's smaller- and it's where they have the bumper plates for OLY lifting- so that's actually my music ;) WINNING

Jelly.

@ash_law 270 for 3? I'm happy I get it for 1. lol Great job!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ash_law wrote: »

Nice, good depth too.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    ash_law wrote: »

Nice form and depth for such a heavy weight.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 Ya, my current goal is 3plates (135). I attempted 107.5lb the other day, but was 2in from bar. I like to do pyramid sets. Like bw x10, +25x5, +45x3, +70x1, +90x1, +105x1, +90x2, +45x10, max bw. But somedays, I'll just do 20 sets of 10bw.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Oh is that who just followed me? I was like- I'm a hater- she has a huge deadlift. damn- totally going to go creep her feed LMAO

sad deadlifts are sad. also 270 for rep squat- killer girl killer.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good stuff @ROBOTFOOD, @ash_law @JoRocka @_incogNEATo_ and @Iron_Miss_Canada. Wish I had something to share, but since I am in meet prep again, I got nothing. Hopefully, I'll have some meet video next week to share.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Good stuff @ROBOTFOOD, @ash_law @JoRocka @_incogNEATo_ and @Iron_Miss_Canada. Wish I had something to share, but since I am in meet prep again, I got nothing. Hopefully, I'll have some meet video next week to share.

@nakedraygun I always look forward to conversations about your meet!

Also, I'll do some tagging as well: @JoRocka and @ash_law I LOVE the squats!!! Glad you're both happy with your progress!

@McCloud33 that 5x5 spreadsheet shows some nice progress in a few months. I wish I could do 5 BW pull-ups so I'm super-impressed.