Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    I actually video myself working out quite a bit (I say it's to check form, but really I'm just a tool). Here are three @ 425lbs trying to keep my depth in check. I struggle from time to time.

• I actually video myself working out quite a bit (I say it's to check form, but really I'm just a tool). Here are three @ 425lbs trying to keep my depth in check. I struggle from time to time.

That moved pretty easy for you @_incogNEATo_ ! You gotta be feeling pretty good as the meet approaches!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    425 for 3 pretty smoothly man! Great job @_incogNEATo_
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    I actually video myself working out quite a bit (I say it's to check form, but really I'm just a tool). Here are three @ 425lbs trying to keep my depth in check. I struggle from time to time.

9340293.gif
  • collins1859
    collins1859 Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2016
    Was out of the gym for a couple months on baby leave. When I got back, I hit my PR of 315. It was rough...
  • collins1859
    collins1859 Posts: 20 Member
    Was out of the gym for a couple months while on baby leave. When I got back, I hit my PR of 315... It was rough.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member

You are amazing
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    edited January 2016
    @nakedraygun @ovidnine @Carlos_421 @jimmmer

Thank you fellas! I won't win my weight class, but I'm hopefully going to put up respectable meet numbers to match my gym PRs.
  • @nakedraygun @ovidnine @Carlos_421 @jimmmer

Thank you fellas! I won't win my weight class, but I'm hopefully going to put up respectable meet numbers to match my gym PRs.
    And that's the right focus for a meet. To do better and to do well in a strict controlled environment. Its a thrill just meeting the challenge.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member

And that's the right focus for a meet. To do better and to do well in a strict controlled environment. Its a thrill just meeting the challenge.

PR on the platform not in the gym........
  • jmule24 wrote: »

If you can. With the strict expectations of a well executed lift on the platform by the USAPL/IPF what technical faults you get away with in training, won't fly on the platform. And, in talking with @Iron_Miss_Canada (Dana) putting a successful PR on the platform with all three lifts is much harder than what I was doing in push/pull meets. Trust me on this.

I wanted to PR on all lifts in my last meet, simply wasn't possible. This next meet (USAPL) I'm going for modest successes, including chasing as many white lights as possible for complete lifts.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 wrote: »

If you can. With the strict expectations of a well executed lift on the platform by the USAPL/IPF what technical faults you get away with in training, won't fly on the platform. And, in talking with @Iron_Miss_Canada (Dana) putting a successful PR on the platform with all three lifts is much harder than what I was doing in push/pull meets. Trust me on this.

I wanted to PR on all lifts in my last meet, simply wasn't possible. This next meet (USAPL) I'm going for modest successes, including chasing as many white lights as possible for complete lifts.

I wasn't saying aim for a PR on every lift. It's more of a mindset and it continuously debated by everyone who competes.

I personally don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it.
  • jmule24 wrote: »

I wasn't saying aim for a PR on every lift. It's more of a mindset and it continuously debated by everyone who competes.

I personally don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it.

I thought you meant on last attempts. I'm finding that's not always possible for a geriatric like me.

I guess I never had that debate, not really a debate I care too much about.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member

Honestly I think the biggest thing you tried to do was increase too much between your first and second on bench. It was just too big of a jump for your nervous system to handle.

And this talk about three lift is makin me sad :neutral: if this year goes the way I want I won't be doing three lift until July at the earliest. Oh well. Slow reloading is the game plan.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Today went awesome. First time back squatting on the platform side in 8 months, since before I hurt myself. It felt awesome to let go of my safety blanket of squatting in a rack and just do it. Easy five rep sets at 50%, 72.5kg/159.5lb

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Some of my poverty lifts. 1st is last weeks deadlift 365x5 RPE 8. Second vid is a 335 lil high pr squat. Third vid is 265 bench pr (ugly). Fourth vid is 135x5 ohp pr. Fifth vid is weighted ring dips pr with 45lb.

• little_simon
    little_simon Posts: 37 Member
    I only had 25 mins to train today, so just hit one set of deadlifts and was out again.

220kg/485lb x5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1EG1QPl_B0
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Some of my poverty lifts. 1st is last weeks deadlift 365x5 RPE 8. Second vid is a 335 lil high pr squat. Third vid is 265 bench pr (ugly). Fourth vid is 135x5 ohp pr. Fifth vid is weighted ring dips pr with 45lb.

The ring dips are killer. Nice job.
  • jmule24
    I only had 25 mins to train today, so just hit one set of deadlifts and was out again.

220kg/485lb x5

Awesome lifts, accompanied by awesome socks!!!!!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    @little_simon You may not have had a lot of time, but you sure got a lot done!

Nice job @ROBOTFOOD