Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    ash_law wrote: »
    I'm starting to look for my meet attempts, as it seems a lot of other people are doing too! Based on the speed of my 330x2 pull this weekend, I think I will make my first attempt somewhere around 325 and have a second attempt around 345 (or whatever the closest kilos are - maybe 320 and 342ish). We will see how the next two weeks go.

Beautiful smooth pulls with great technique. Impressive.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Speaking of bench, I've had a lot of recent trouble with mine, i.e. Trying to press in a way which doesn't work for me. Last week I spent some time relearning my old groove. This is the top set of 255x3. I was pretty fatigued at this point, but my bench back!

BENCH PRESS: 135×14 (speed), 10, 10 (first 5 reps speed, last 5 reps paused), 225×6,6 (paused), 255×3 (probably should have skipped this set), 135×15 (first 10 reps speed, last 5 reps paused), 10, 10, 11, 10, 10, 9 (paused).

Four days out from my next meet!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bench, I've had a lot of recent trouble with mine, i.e. Trying to press in a way which doesn't work for me. Last week I spent some time relearning my old groove. This is the top set of 255x3. I was pretty fatigued at this point, but my bench back!

BENCH PRESS: 135×14 (speed), 10, 10 (first 5 reps speed, last 5 reps paused), 225×6,6 (paused), 255×3 (probably should have skipped this set), 135×15 (first 10 reps speed, last 5 reps paused), 10, 10, 11, 10, 10, 9 (paused).

Hell yeah!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nice @nakedraygun! Good luck at your meet!

I just found out there's a WUAP meet near me later this month. I put it in my phone to remind me so I can go check it out for a bit.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So attempted some weighted neutral grip pullups today. I do them a lot, but usually with only 25lb added as I usually do them at the end of back day.

Anyway, was able to get 70lbs for 3 on two sets. Sorry for the angle on the first one. Must have moved a bit when I set my phone up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UViYErtaGX8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBa55-qs2o
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Great lifting everyone! I've been busy snowboarding. But will lift soon.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Nice job @Hornsby ! I just started at a new gym yesterday and unfortunately they don't have a dip belt like my last. I had to resort to grabbing a dumbbell with my feet and doing by pullups that way. Much different experience. Hard for me to do more than 50 lbs that way. Looks like I'll have to buy my own belt and take it in with me.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Nice job @Hornsby ! I just started at a new gym yesterday and unfortunately they don't have a dip belt like my last. I had to resort to grabbing a dumbbell with my feet and doing by pullups that way. Much different experience. Hard for me to do more than 50 lbs that way. Looks like I'll have to buy my own belt and take it in with me.

I got that one for Christmas. Just started using it in mid-Jan. I love pull ups and dips (I think cause I was always too fat to do them).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

that's the only way I used to do mine- was DB between the feet- which was a trick because it meant I had to jump up and then grab it with my toes... lol- good thing at an LA fitness that looks bad a^^ verses my current gym where they would just mock me. LMAO

I actually like holding the DB- helps with my body line awareness.

Also- @Hornsby I'm total jealous hater LOL- dem arms son... and dat back!!!

in other news- my gym decided they weren't doing the lift in April- so I started a training cycle for the April one- now I'm not sure i can do it since of the wedding stuff. Grump. RassRoles.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Also- @Hornsby I'm total jealous hater LOL- dem arms son... and dat back!!!

Aw, you are the best. Hate away ;)

• ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    415 today. RPE 9.5 BW down to 185lb.
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hell yeah!

Thanks much @McCloud33
    ovidnine wrote: »
    Nice @nakedraygun! Good luck at your meet!

I just found out there's a WUAP meet near me later this month. I put it in my phone to remind me so I can go check it out for a bit.

I had to look the WUAP. There are so many federations.... that's awesome @ovidnine

The WUAP doesn't seem like its organized under the IPF.

That's exactly what I did before competing in my first meet, went and watched a few. Funny thing, first meet I did watch was a weightlifting meet, because there were not any other powerlifting meets going on at the time when I got the bug to compete.
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Hornsby ... I've been throttled down on any type of pulling up movement since my shoulder has tendentious, but I will be adding in chin-ups, and some weighted chins, this next training block. Chin-ups don't seem to aggravate my poor glass shoulders like pull ups. Nice work btw.

@ROBOTFOOD : nice pull.

Options
    Nice! @ash_law !

As for the pause, just like most feds it's when the ref sees you motionless at the bottom. Some refs are well known for extra long pauses though. I'd rather train with an extra long pause, especially close to a comp for two reasons. One, I usually have some work to do to make weight. Doing an extra long pause helps me ballpark an opener better, especially since I know how making weight affects me. Two, if I can knock the rep out smoothly after a long pause, I know that bar is moving fast with a shorter pause on the platform.
    The funny thing is no matter how long you pause in practice, it only feels about half to third of the time on the platform!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I'm back. Sharing squats from this morning. Excited to find a stance that allows me to reach depth and still keep strength. Video below is first set of 425x3.

• McCloud33
    Options

that's the only way I used to do mine- was DB between the feet- which was a trick because it meant I had to jump up and then grab it with my toes... lol- good thing at an LA fitness that looks bad a^^ verses my current gym where they would just mock me. LMAO

@JoRocka I just feel like it splits my concentration. I can't fully focus on the pullup/chinup movement as I'm also having to try and keep my ankles tight together. One thing that I do like is that the new gym actually has rock climbing holds attached at one of the pullup stations :smiley: One more way to change my grip!

@ROBOTFOOD 415 @185 is great! Just hit 185 on my cut as well and not sure I could get 415 right now. Maybe still 405.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

@JoRocka I just feel like it splits my concentration. I can't fully focus on the pullup/chinup movement as I'm also having to try and keep my ankles tight together. One thing that I do like is that the new gym actually has rock climbing holds attached at one of the pullup stations :smiley: One more way to change my grip!

@ROBOTFOOD 415 @185 is great! Just hit 185 on my cut as well and not sure I could get 415 right now. Maybe still 405.
    There's a *kitten* joke in there somewhere- I know it.

I love climbing grip holds... that's awesome.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @nakedraygun @McCloud33 Thanks! I think I will continue to cut weight mainly because of resuming running. 415 @165 sounds better than @185. Well see. Maybe I'll stay in the 170s.

@_incogNEATo_ Nice squats!
    Options
    I'm back. Sharing squats from this morning. Excited to find a stance that allows me to reach depth and still keep strength. Video below is first set of 425x3.

On point!

• McCloud33
    Options
    @JoRocka ROFL! I'm sure there is!

@ROBOTFOOD I'm shooting for 170-175 range myself by the end of March and I've started running while training for my Spartan Beast at the end of April.

No gym videos for me today. Yesterday was back to my 5/3/1 for squats with a top set of 255x7 and then 225x5x10 DL. Then I decided to go to volleyball open gym for 2.5 hrs, so I'm feeling it today. Love that this thread is staying active with videos though. Nice to see others lifting.