Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Thanks Julie! A funny thing is that my db overhead presses are almost as strong as my barbell ones, and could possibly be stronger if I had a spotter help me get them dumbbells up. @juliewatkin

Thanks Matt! @nakedraygun
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It looked like you had plenty in the tank on those @Iron_Miss_Canada ! Great work!

I've never tried a push press, I'll have to rectify that.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Not as much as some but I was happy to get 9 at 240lb on bench today. Hit the j-hook on the last one otherwise might have gone for 10

https://youtu.be/WrK2XKpF63w
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Strong bench @piperdown44

Is that your basement?
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »
    It looked like you had plenty in the tank on those @Iron_Miss_Canada ! Great work!

I've never tried a push press, I'll have to rectify that.
    I've not done much overhead pressing lately, but since I'm technically not supposed to be lifting next week I am going to test my max because I intend to add pressing back into my next program.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Not as much as some but I was happy to get 9 at 240lb on bench today. Hit the j-hook on the last one otherwise might have gone for 10
    w

Damn, nice and smooth!!!! Great press!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

https://youtu.be/WrK2XKpF63w

Nice, what's your 1RM? I recently went for a rep max and got 225x13 which is probably fairly close. 1RM 325. But you are way, way, way more jacked than I am.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Very nice! @piperdown44

@ovidnine yeah. Definitely some left in the tank. But I was scheduled for 4x3, and that was set 6 not counting my warmup set. Oops.
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have some good and bad news.

I did two personal records today and the bad one is that something snapped/pulled on my left scapula area while doing easy OHP after my DIP record. I usually work out alone but now my co worker happened to be at our office gym at the same time so I got these on my phone video. I doubt they would pass on comp level but I don't compete so it works for me. My weight is 149.7 lb now and I hope I will get it down to 145 before summer. I did 3 days of 1500kcal before this day to not carry extra weight and it worked. Some would say I lost power doing that but loaded with carb did not get this on monday.

https://youtu.be/7iKdjj8NwVY
    I have been close to getting this 50kg one for couple of months now so I'm glad I got it before my injury. Still lot to do before I'm happy. Next goal 55kg before 2017. Actually this was 51.2 with the belt

https://youtu.be/rUw7WLkjmlM
    This is an odd one. I dont do dips but I test them couple times a year. Dips usually are painfull on right shoulder/neck area so I dont do them. I think this lift affected a bit on the OHP injury too.
    147 disks plus 3.5 belt+shoes= 150lb
    Options
    @smurfbus

Congrats on your PR, but sucky on the injury. It's because of shoulder tendentious that I can not do dips without pain. I hope you are getting it looked at.

Nice gym btw. And at work too? When you say competing, what kind of competition?
  • smurfbus
    smurfbus Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Weighted pulls are competed here. I had frozen shoulders about 3 yrs ago so my ROM is not quite there yet.

Yup, the gym is at the basement of our office building. i usually go there between 9-10pm so I can eat right after.
    Options
    smurfbus wrote: »
    Weighted pulls are competed here. I had frozen shoulders about 3 yrs ago so my ROM is not quite there yet.
    I'm always trying to increase, or at least maintain my present shoulder ROM.
  • piperdown44
    Options
    Strong bench @piperdown44

Is that your basement?

Thanks, still working to improve it some. Main focus this year is legs though. Too imbalanced on strength.

Actually that's my work gym. Not a big space but there's only a few of us that use the weight room. It has a small basketball court and a stage area with aerobic machines.
  • piperdown44
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @jmule24 Thanks!

@Iron_Miss_Canada Thanks! You've got one heck of a bench too!

@DopeItUp I don't know my 1rm at the moment. Haven't maxed in a long long while. Messed my right shoulder up a year ago about this same time. Took me a while to be able to move forward.
    If you run all the reps at various weights in the calculators they all have me right around 300.
    Not jacked too much right now been on a glorious surplus since Dec.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    This morning's 5/3/1 Deadlift 5+...got 315x8. Not my smoothest. Was really hoping to get 10+ and I probably could have if I really pushed, but I could feel it in my back and stopped before I pulled something or form really went to hell. Down to a BW of 185 from my high of 190+ at the beginning of Jan. Hopefully I can keep my strength through the rest of my cut through the end of March.

https://youtu.be/-3B7KxpG1jw
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Nice strength! @mcloud1977 my back rounding like that is the reason I don't pull conventional. I feel a lot of stress compared to the flat back I achieve in my modified sumo.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Nice strength! @McCloud33 my back rounding like that is the reason I don't pull conventional. I feel a lot of stress compared to the flat back I achieve in my modified sumo.

Yeah, I can see it rounding on a couple of the reps, especially toward the end. I'm usually good up until about 5 reps (probably a lot of muscle memory from running SL5x5 for like 18 months when I started). Partially why I usually do trap bar DLs if I'm doing any higher rep sets.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    Decided to put these two videos side by side and wow! Beginning of May 2014 to end of August last year. 30kg improvement.

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Decided to put these two videos side by side and wow! Beginning of May 2014 to end of August last year. 30kg improvement.

Wow.

30kg is quite an improvement.

My bench hasn't moved much in 14 months due to injuries. Hoping this is the year I finally get the bugger back on track - I'd take a 30kg improvement in 14 months in a heartbeat (well, 14 months of heartbeats...)
  • McCloud33
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

Wow.

30kg is quite an improvement.

My bench hasn't moved much in 14 months due to injuries. Hoping this is the year I finally get the bugger back on track - I'd take a 30kg improvement in 14 months in a heartbeat (well, 14 months of heartbeats...)

Shoot, I'd take 10-15kg improvement in my bench over the next year.

Nice Work @Iron_Miss_Canada