Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! @DopeItUp @McCloud33

Been havin a very lazy recovery week, and next week has been assigned as a recovery week as well. Although I do get to squat 95kg for triples. Slowly but surely working my way back.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Thanks @McCloud33 I appreciate it!

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    @DopeItUp - oops. Easily hit 75/165 on my opener. Got 80/176 for the second.

@JoRocka - thanks! It definitely was a crazy last month of training

Nice job. Was this your first nationals? It looks like Rhaea and Ryan ran a great meet. I really like the addition of the commentary on the live stream.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just some work I did in the gym this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsX0zgEks8Y
    225x9 AMRAP Top set. Last set of 4x8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGObMVMrBSk
    Reverse grip bench press. 185x6 Top set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjaS4cWINg
    295x10 Rack pulls to Shrug top set, because if you're dressed up for the party, you might as well dance.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    @juliewatkin Yes. First nationals. And there is zero doubt that the Stinns and Fowlers run a fantastic meet. Everything was just awesome, from a smooth fast weighin on.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    @juliewatkin Yes. First nationals. And there is zero doubt that the Stinns and Fowlers run a fantastic meet. Everything was just awesome, from a smooth fast weighin on.

It's a good thing you got in this year. Starting next year anyone who hasn't yet competed at nationals will be required to first compete at a regional championship.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

It's a good thing you got in this year. Starting next year anyone who hasn't yet competed at nationals will be required to first compete at a regional championship.

Actually planning on westerns this year as my getting back into full power. I'm looking forward to it, and don't even need to be fully reloaded to get my nationals total. Kamloops should be awesome!
  • JeffFit70
    JeffFit70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite thread ever! All of you guys are badass!

Here are some of my recent lifts... I am about to turn 46 and have been lifting with the barbell a little over 2 years. All of these lifts at BW around 185.

Squat (Highish bar) 280 * 5

BP 240 * 6

Sumo DL PR 465 * 1
  • mslesnett
    mslesnett Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My best lift so far has been on bench. Got 400 here touch and go. My best meet bench is around 385. My squat and deadlift is only around 500 but ive only been seriously training those lifts since last year.
  • mslesnett
    mslesnett Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It wouldnt post on my last one but here it is i think lol
  • Mountainbum777
    Mountainbum777 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No vids for me but a little under a year ago back squat 315, bench 275, and dl 425. I somehow lost my way and just got back at it last week. 3x6x135 back squats and I could barely walk for two days.....looking forward to posting some vids in this thread down the road. Props to all of you, some big *kitten* lifts in here.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Awesome lifts @JeffFit70
  • JeffFit70
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »
    Awesome lifts @JeffFit70

@ovidnine Much appreciated!
    Options
    Nice lifting @JeffFit70
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    @JeffFit70 super impressed at the bench reps at that BW. Great lifts, mate!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    LOL, I just realized I'm obviously trying to be like Matt with our profile pictures. It kinda makes me wish there was a professional photographer at my meet. @nakedraygun
  • _incogNEATo_
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sick for two reasons on these two lifts from this weekend:

Hate I didn't jump more for my final attempt on DL because this came up pretty easy. This is 490lbs (222.5kg)

This was a failed lift because I racked immediately after the lift. Third attempt, 484lbs (220kg)

Learned a lot this weekend. Had a lot of fun. Left some pounds on the floor, but that's okay. I'll be back.

ETA: I just realized the same song was playing for both lifts. Cool, I guess.
  • JeffFit70
    Options

Hate I didn't jump more for my final attempt on DL because this came up pretty easy. This is 490lbs (222.5kg)

This was a failed lift because I racked immediately after the lift. Third attempt, 484lbs (220kg)

Learned a lot this weekend. Had a lot of fun. Left some pounds on the floor, but that's okay. I'll be back.

STRONG!!!!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wow, @_incogNEATo_ ! Great job!
    Options

Pretty awesome Chris! You looked strong in both lifts. Next time you'll be more dialed into the commands.
    LOL, I just realized I'm obviously trying to be like Matt with our profile pictures. It kinda makes me wish there was a professional photographer at my meet. @nakedraygun
    It's cause I'm so cool @_incogNEATo_ :D