Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    joykidmama wrote: »
    This looks like a great group, love positive input and encouragement that is flowing. Please add me!

welcome to the group :smiley:
  • tans3352
    tans3352 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great step challenge this week. Good work everyone :) Loving the company on fitbit!
    NSV airplane flying today, wasn't even touching the seat next to mine.
  • SeizeTheDay2016
    SeizeTheDay2016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!!! I would love to be a part of this! :smiley:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Who ever is checking the thread today, hope you are having an awesome day! Log everything (even if you go over), and try to get some form of sweat on! Even if it's vacuuming or jumping jacks! Sweat today, smile tomorrow!!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    joykidmama wrote: »
    This looks like a great group, love positive input and encouragement that is flowing. Please add me!

welcome to the group :smiley:
    This is a great idea!!! I would love to be a part of this! :smiley:

Welcome! Feel free to add me as a Pal.

I did a FitnessBlender interval fat burner with upper body weights today. Holy smokes! Burned 271 cals in 35 minutes!
  • zenjen13
    Options
    @indygirl217 : we have something in Toronto called The Path which is like a little underground city, pretty awesome way to get around on the winter! Good for you - get out of the cold whenever you can!

@bluepoppies
    : I didn't last a week in the dry January challenge!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all! Been swimming with my little boy today and then got in some cardio on the cross trainer later this afternoon - feeling good about myself. I've also dusted off my workout DVD's and bought myself a new Heart Rate Monitor so will be able to get back into those soon and seriously kick some butt! Down .8lbs this morning so I'm on track and feeling motivated for this. Have lovely evenings all and hope tomorrow is good to you :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My exercise for the weekend has just been walking so far.

I went shopping today for a few new bits for my running club on Monday, I needed some long sleeve t-shirts and a shower proof jacket - "all the gear and no idea" as my OH says lol.

The fella is doing a downhill mountain bike race tomorrow so he'll be leaving first thing, but I'm going to get up and go for a jog before heading down to watch them (they have to be there early to get their race numbers etc), and I imagine there will be a fair amount of walking about as we follow them around the course. Hopefully it won't be too cold!

Hope you're all having fab weekends, keep up the good work you lovely people. :)
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    @zenjen13. That made me laugh!! Didn't last a week!! I am on day 28 of 30!! Almost slipped last week but thought no, have gone too far to start this all over again. I may have wine for breakfast on Wednesday... Just kidding!!! Haha!
  • zenjen13
    Options
    @bluepoppies: sad but true, I think it was about 9 days in that I gave up. There's only so much restriction I can take! Major cred to you for sticking it out.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    just about halfway there! 13 pounds down from my heaviest, another 16 till I'm at my pre-weightgain weight. I think I might start doing some research to how to start out doing heavy lifting. exciting.
  • MaryMoCla
    MaryMoCla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Sky, I am with your on the bread and pasta - I make my own bread so it is deadly when it is fresh! And do you measure out your pasta? An official portion seems so ridiculously small! LOL! My weakness is also pesto. Anyway, good for you for reaching out. We all need support to make this happen!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    MaryMoCla wrote: »
    Hi Sky, I am with your on the bread and pasta - I make my own bread so it is deadly when it is fresh! And do you measure out your pasta? An official portion seems so ridiculously small! LOL! My weakness is also pesto. Anyway, good for you for reaching out. We all need support to make this happen!

I normally measure out 50g of pasta per portion. Not sure what's recommended but this satisfies me!!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Rubbish day yesterday in terms of food/exercise. I didn't get out for my run because it was tipping it down with rain, and then after a long day of standing about in a cold windy forest cheering our team on, we all went to the pub, then home for a lovely roast chicken dinner which took me over my calories... Oh well, one day isn't going to wreck things - moving on...

I start my new running club tonight, fingers crossed it goes well. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how I got on, hopefully I won't trip over my own feet and faceplant or something similar. :smiley:
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR that sounds like a great Sunday. I love family days :) Good luck with the running i am sure you will be awesome.

I have had a great weekend. I visited my mum and she finally gave me my dinner on a smaller plate. oh the things that make us happy haha :wink:
    I have also finally had a weight drop of 1lb on the scales yay me and i went shopping this morning for some new trousers and got into a smaller size..... happy dancing all day long :smiley:

Have a great Monday everyone.
  • Soccerdawg71
    Soccerdawg71 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great step challenge this week. Good work everyone :) Loving the company on fitbit!
    NSV airplane flying today, wasn't even touching the seat next to mine.

Hey! That's my goal. Going to Europe in May and just want to sit on the plane semi-comfortably. Congrats on your success!
  • Soccerdawg71
    Soccerdawg71 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is finally kicking into gear. I've lost 14 lbs. since Thanksgiving, and my new goal is to lose 15 more by graduation, May 12. I'm graduating with my master's degree, then taking a celebratory trip to Germany on May 15.
    My clothes are finally starting to feel loose. I know the pace I'm losing it is totally healthy and should be slow, but it's been frustrating.
    I finally feel like watching my calories is habit.
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    @CariTJR. You are going to do great tonight at the running club! And no face planting, just running like a gazelle!
  • bluepoppies777
    Options
    We went to my parents house for dinner last night and had the full roast beef and potatoes dinner, so I went over yesterday too. But it was a small win for me because I only went over on one meal yesterday, didn't let loose on the whole day!
    I was up at 5:30am and went to the gym, so I'm done for the day! Have a good one everyone!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    @ TanyaKeast2015 - Woot! Woot! NSV! That's great! What a good feeling!!

@bluepoppies777 - Wine for breakfast... that might be a first. =) Way to go to get your workout in first thing!! I need to do that more!!

@CariTJR BEst of luck on your running club!! You'll do amazing!!

@Gillian.. I did the small plate thing last week.. it works! How crazy! ;) Way to go on the smaller pants!! Love it!! Great job!

@SoccerDawg71 - Sweet! Clothes fitting is a great NSV... Enjoy your trip.. sounds amazing and very well deserved!