GIRLS UNDER 5' 4" with less than 30 lbs to loose!

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Just found you guys.... I'm 5'2 and weigh 159. I need to lose at least 25lbs to get into a healthy weight range. I'm participating in a game on mfp right now like resembles biggest loser and I am amongst the smaller (pound wise) but I feel like I'm right with everyone else cause for my height I have to lose just as much as they do. It's kinda frusterating.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sigh... i'm 5 5. Can i join anyways, pretty please with strawberries on top? :flowerforyou:
  • anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    HI! I am 5'1.5" and I want to lose 15-20lbs and would love to join this group and make some new friends that are similar in height and weight and this group is perfect! Please friend request me!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5' 4", started at 162lbs after having my daughter and i am currently 126lbs with still 9lbs to goal, but thinking would be extremely happy if could lose another 12
    Wow, that's awesome.... How long did this take you?
  • moPOETRYtion
    Options
    Me! I am 5'3 wanting to lose about 20 pounds to get me down to 110.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Im totally in on this. I am 5'2 and 145lbs. I work out 5-6 days a week doing 15 high intensity cardio warm up - half hour of strength training - , and then about 10-15 min interval training.

I want to weight 125lbs (loose 20 pounds) - I just love drinking wine....and that is what I think is holding me back.

I tried counting it in my caloric intake - but i just don't end up doing it and then consume over my recommended intake.

Today I am planning on not drinking wine - and trying to focus on eating delicious hearty healthy foods like I usually always do and keeping it around 1250 calories a day. Wish me luck!
    You should look for the "like minded lushes" thread. I love them! We all like to drink and have an awesome support group going their. We'd love to have ya :drinker:
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm there too, and add I'm almost 49 - so add another layer of difficulty to trying to lose it besides being vertically challenged :)
    I have yo yo'd the same two pounds for quite awhile before getting really serious with this site, and exercising. I am starting to slowly see the inches come off - not a lot of pounds but some - so YAY! I started at 150 lbs 40 days ago and am at 142 right now, and have 25 lbs to lose total. I think my metabolism was pretty well shut off - but it is coming back.

Let's hang in there together.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    me too!
    Im just under 5'2 and currently at 126, would like to be back down to 110-115...and would really like to get this belly that seems to have developed toned back up!
  • cianna11
    cianna11 Posts: 19
    Options
    Count me in.....am 5"1 and need to lose 25 pounds. Finding it harder and harder to shift the weight as I get older. Find it very frustrating which may well explain the terrible yo yo dieting I have been doing for the last 5 years. On day 2 of shred so am praying this will help me :0(
  • stewartknits
    stewartknits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I'd love to join the group - I'm 5'2" with about 20 pounds to lose. My starting weight was 140, and after 2 weeks I'm down to 138, with a goal weight of 120. I've been lurking around the past 2 weeks on the MFP boards, and I'd love to make some friends on here and dive into the community!

Right now for exercise I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (Level 1, Day 10 today!) and trying to take advantage of the beautiful mountains around here by hiking once or twice a week. We went on a 5-mile hike last weekend and the gorgeous views were totally worth it!

I love the support and friendliness of everyone here on MFP, I'm excited to begin my journey and watch everyone as they continue (and SUCCEED!) in theirs! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jennie222
    jennie222 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 5'4" and just about 145 lbs. I want to lose about 15-20 lbs.
    I run 4-5 days out of the week BUT over eat 7 days a week.
    It is very hard for me to lose weight let alone not gain any!
    Would love extra support!
  • shanzi1002
    shanzi1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm about 145 lbs and I would like to lose 20 lbs. I am doing The Firm program and have just recently purchased their new program where you lose 15 lbs in 30 days, you exercise 3x a week for 20 min. I can't wait till I get it in the mail. I weight 140 lbs about 3 weeks ago and a little stressed about the weight increase, but I think it is because of the body toning and muscle mass that has put the weight on.

I would love to be your friend and we can coach and support each other.

Thanks
    Shauna:smile:
  • ar6701
    ar6701 Posts: 2
    Options
    im 138 right now and struggling to get to 115! :/
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm about 145 lbs and I would like to lose 20 lbs. I am doing The Firm program and have just recently purchased their new program where you lose 15 lbs in 30 days, you exercise 3x a week for 20 min. I can't wait till I get it in the mail. I weight 140 lbs about 3 weeks ago and a little stressed about the weight increase, but I think it is because of the body toning and muscle mass that has put the weight on.

I would love to be your friend and we can coach and support each other.

Thanks
    Shauna:smile:

Have you checked your measurements in a while? Could have lose inches but gained weight. It's hard I look at the scale all the time too, pretty much daily and sigh when I go up and down, but within five weeks I lost two inches around my hips! Add me if you'd like, we've got the same amount to lose in the same area. I'm 5 foot 2 and currently 142 ish and want to get back down to 120 or lower.
  • TheAnonGit
    TheAnonGit Posts: 123
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like when you gain weight it's super visible because you're short? I look bloated after eating even a small meal! I hate it. And when I gain weight it's obvious, but it takes forever for the effects of losing weight to show.
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, and have10 lbs left to lose! I turn 40 this October and feel like age and height are working against me! Feel free to add me!
  • lotushw
    lotushw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 15 more pounds to lose. I'm at 140 right now and would like to get to 125. I think anything under that would make me look unhealthy, but we'll see once I reach my goal.
  • sthrngl2007
    sthrngl2007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 and i need to lose about 30 at least!
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I am 5'4" and 128 want to get to 120. So much harder now that I am in my mid-40's. I have to work out very hard and really restrict my diet. No FUN! :(

I am trying though and am motivated. Nice to find others like me.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm a quarter-inch shy of 5'4" and have about 25 lbs to lose.