asinine

Good word.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Valen004 wrote: »
    joolsmd wrote: »
    I'm on a fast day today and I've eaten more than that! :o

I believe that's why people are putting on weight a lot. They eat too much, even when trying to lose some weight.

That's we use MFP to log our eating and track our calories and nutrition, Valen.
    If you want to lose weight, putting food in a box doesn't guarantee good nutrition or appropriate caloric intake for your goals.
    It's fine to have a box, but take your items in your box for the day and log them on MFP, count your calories and check your macros to make sure you're getting proper nutrition.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    YEAH box diet!
    british-haribo-gold-bears-gummy-bears-tub-of-600-pieces-1.552kg-1458-p.jpg
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Op, if the picture in your profile is recent, combined with your goals and eating approach, I think you need to talk to a dr.
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    tcatcarson wrote: »
    YEAH box diet!

Guess what I'm eating today buying for the children today. ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tcatcarson wrote: »
    YEAH box diet!

I read your post on my phone, which doesn't show pics, and thought you were enthused about a WHOLE different diet. Then I logged in on PC and it wasn't what I thought at all.
  • Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Op, if the picture in your profile is recent, combined with your goals and eating approach, I think you need to talk to a dr.

I am 86kg /1.85m. I want to be 75kg/1.85
  • Valen004
    Options
    joolsmd wrote: »
    I'm on a fast day today and I've eaten more than that! :o

I believe that's why people are putting on weight a lot. They eat too much, even when trying to lose some weight.

That's we use MFP to log our eating and track our calories and nutrition, Valen.
    If you want to lose weight, putting food in a box doesn't guarantee good nutrition or appropriate caloric intake for your goals.
    It's fine to have a box, but take your items in your box for the day and log them on MFP, count your calories and check your macros to make sure you're getting proper nutrition.

Pre-MFP-ing the box sounds like a good idea.
    The box, however, should remain.
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So yesterday it was like 1300 calories, not 600 .

jsy8bvhrg806.png

It is very easy to underestimate the calories you consume.
    To make viewing easier, I attach yesterday's box image:
    guyg6vc4lkvn.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    That is still at least 500 cals under the minimum level you should be eating, not to mention as others have said it is lacking in micronutrients.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    That is still at least 500 cals under the minimum level you should be eating, not to mention as others have said it is lacking in micronutrients.

Yup. Still too little food, wildly lacking in micronutrients, and boring as hell.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    still no sign of all that veg you claim to eat... and still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under the recommended number of calories you should be eating.

just looking at that picture makes me hangry!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    That's still nowhere where you should be eating and is so lacking in macros and micros it's disturbing.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    It often amazes me (although it shouldn't, by now) how people will try anything other than the thing that works. OP what is your objection to eating a healthy amount of food that gives you the nutrition your body needs?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So the majority of your calories in the box yesterday came from refined wheat and a spread? Now, at least hummus is a decent food as it's mostly chick peas, but seriously? Then you add on fish scraps, which is what artificial crab meat is, and think you are doing well? Sorry to be so critical but this isn't even close to a good diet.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    So yesterday it was like 1300 calories, not 600 .

jsy8bvhrg806.png

It is very easy to underestimate the calories you consume.
    To make viewing easier, I attach yesterday's box image:
    guyg6vc4lkvn.jpg

i am a 36 year old male and my maintenance level is 2800 calories…..just providing a reference point here..

as a 30 year old male you should be able to eat 2000 calories a day and easily lose a pound per week, or more ….
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hum, my first instinct is to think that this guy is a joker and probably taking the micky. Ha ha, box diet, hilarious! However, having read on I suspect that it might be serious! Is that possible? I am not convinced that putting food into a box makes it good for you. You could fill your box with chopped fruit, veg, salad and lean protein or you could ram it full of chocolate. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of thought about your nutrition involved in this diet and that box would not fill me up and I definitely wouldn't stick to it! I am losing 3lb a week and eating way more than that! I would seriously reconsider this or you will be starving and give up. As for the 0.2 litres of wine, I would have to be allowed a lot more wine than that to compensate for the lack of food! You have a valuable tool here on this website, why not just put in your stats and let the calculator work out how many calories you can have whilst losing weight. Stick to it as best you can and it will work. Best of luck on whatever you decide anyway.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    What size box? I mean, I could get a large appliance box and fill it with food but I won't lose weight. This diet could be exploited in so many ways and isn't really teaching much in the way of nutrition.

LMAO
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, in Japan:

aoyrahbwuc6v.jpg

4ycoy6t0vl3y.jpeg

Is it bad when he said "box diet" I immediately wanted Bento?