Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie-- Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Sending good thoughts to you and your family. <3

@kaye-- I hate it when that happens. At least the turkey wrap was a good choice.

@tammy-- I hope the trainer session went well. Yes, I'm really trying to stay on top of it, but I have a bunch of journals coming in tomorrow along with a few other assignments. Luckily I'm teaching an ACT prep class this Saturday which will give me a bit of grading time while the students work on timed practice passages. It will also get me up and out of the house early which makes it more likely I'll have an overall productive day.

@tom-- my mom loved Richie Valens and Buddy Holly, and I remember learning about their tragic deaths when I was very young. She also loved that Don McClain song; she would sing along every time it came on the radio; I knew all of the words before I was even old enough to understand their meaning. Thanks for sharing the article and picture. Also, loved you quote; very fitting for our Feb. challenge. :smile:

@steph-- crossing my fingers that you get good news from the MRI.

Welcome to the newlings! Like niki, I don't do much MFP socializing outside of this thread. Come back and post often, and you will get lots of support.

AFM-- Well, it looks like I won't make my protein goal today due to poor planning. I could still do so, but it would require going over my calories. If I were feeling exceptionally hungry, I would do so, but that's just not the case so don't feel the overage is justified. I already made some fish for tomorrow's lunch which should make for a better day tomorrow.

Is anyone doing anything fun for the Superbowl this Sunday? We were originally invited to a friend's, but she had some other stuff come up, so she canceled a couple of weeks ago. DH and will just stay home and enjoy it from our couch. That's how I prefer to watch football anyways. :smile: I still haven't decided who I'm rooting for-- I'm not really a Panthers or a Broncos fan, so feel free to try to sway my opinion. :wink:

Wednesday Wish:
    My wish is that all of those with medical challenges-- whether yours or your loved ones-- get past them quickly. I got a phone call today from a lifelong friend that her 90-something y/o father fell and broke his hip.

Grading Goals:
    1. 17/22 object speeches
    2. 30/60 Poetry analyses

Fitness Goals for the month of February:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week:
    Week 1 = 1/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 2 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 3 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 4 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks.
    I will run an 8k twice. x/2

Nutrition Goal for February:
    Eat >100 g protein 2/29

You vs Year Challenge:
    39k done/ 961k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Mon-- rest day (donating blood) WALKED GUNNER
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
    Sun-- walk gunner
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Well, our many meetings went well!
    2-whatever today is-16 Protein Challenge (whoever remembers today's date, please feel free to execute a FIFY)-went a few grams over, but not bad. I'm still stuffed with the luscious pork steak from dinner, so my sense of satiety is improving!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I made my protein goal today, but was over by 160 calories. Those darn fries.
    @Karen We are having a Matt Paradis party on Sunday. We aren't really fans of either team, but Matt was Nicole's student in Council, ID. She taught English there her first 2 years of teaching. He was an excellent student and all around nice kid. It has taken a lot of determination and hard work to go from 8 man football in a little tiny town to playing starting center in the super bowl.
    Here's to a good day for everyone tomorrow.
    Onward and downward, Kaye
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - I still don't like salad, or celery.

I never thought of myself as a competitive person. I was never any kind of athlete or gamer. But apparently, I am. But I'm quiet about it. Sneaky. I keep it all in my head. I guess it is the same "thing" that drove me to get A's in school, or never settle for less than the best quality in my job. My husband is "doing Medifast" and my best friend just had bariatric surgery. In my head I feel like I have to prove to them, and the rest of the world, that I can lose weight too, the old fashioned way, the hard way.

I'm not sure this is a healthy mind set, but it does make me go to the gym when I would rather go home, and it does make me second guess everything I put in my mouth, so for now I suppose it is working. I'll keep it in my head, and let it be my motivation, but also try to be mindful of the ultimate goal - to be healthier and able to the things I want to do. I do not NEED to beat my husband, or my best friend, in some kind of race to the bottom of the scale. But even as I write that, I'm thinking it sure would be nice to win that race!

@skinnyjeanzbound I don't have a horse in the super bowl this year either... but I'll watch, 'cuz NASCAR doesn't start for a couple more weeks and a girl has to to have something to do on a Sunday afternoon!
  • zcb94
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I believe I'm suddenly allergic/sensitive to yogurt. I've recently been so tired, nauseous, mildly moody and sluggish on mornings when I force-feed it. As I mentioned previously, I'm eliminating any mention of the stuff from my diet for a while to see what happens, and I've never felt better! Interestingly enough, neither milk nor probiotic pills do that to me, so I take a trusted brand of probiotic pill with either breakfast or dinner for...digestive balance. The challenge now is to figure out what my family can do with the leftovers, because Dad bought too many cups of fruity yogurt, counting on my ability to eat it all.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Liberace Day!
    Władziu Valentino Liberace[1][nb 1] (May 16, 1919 – February 4, 1987), mononymously known as Liberace, was an American pianist, entertainer and singer.
    A child prodigy and the son of working class immigrants, Liberace enjoyed a career spanning four decades of concerts, recordings, television, motion pictures, and endorsements.
    At the height of his fame, from the 1950s to the 1970s, Liberace was the highest-paid entertainer in the world,[4] with established residencies in Las Vegas, and an international touring schedule. Liberace embraced a lifestyle of flamboyant excess both on and off stage, acquiring the sobriquet "Mr. Showmanship".
    The King of Bling
    Liberace

”As your body deteriorates, your natural talents start to go a little bit. You have to bring in physical working out, building, taking protein and doing extra stuff”

11857432.png

Tom
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning all. The meeting with the new trainer went very well. Not only is she friendly and easy to get along with but 5 years ago she weighed over 300 pounds. So she knows exactly the journey I am on. I have 11 sessions that I have already paid for. So we will do those and then if I want I will buy some more. I dont have a team in the superbowl this year but my dad is rooting for the panthers so I am going to root for the broncos. We have a six pack bet on it lol. I am sure I will just sit at home and watch it. The kids arent sure yet if they are going to have people over here or go elsewhere this year so we will see. I think today will be a rest day for the gym since I am going on Saturday and I am really stiff this morning. I like a little muscle soreness after a good workout but this is bordering on painful. Its my fault not the trainers. I was working on arms on tuesday and they were really busy and didnt have the right weight dumbbells available so I just decided to up the weight. Went to high for where I am now. Thats what imaptience gets you.

@zcb94 Happy to hear you are starting to feel a little better. Hope the trend continues
    @celtikgirl I know exactly how you feel. I am very competetive as well but usually in those situations it is also mostly in my head. I wish I had your dynamic at the moment. I know I would be being alot more consistent at that point lol

Well time to figure out what I want to get done today and get started. Have a great day all :):)

Protien goal:
    2/3: 116/100
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I gained back the weight I lost last week, but this is only my 3rd day of logging so I know that I will see good results soon.
    I'm missing the exercise. I've had 2 appts with the chiropractor and I'm seeing some marked improvement in my sciatica. Hopefully, I will back to the exercise soon.
    We had just enough snow last night to be messy. I've got to go clean the car off so I can go to my appointment this morning.
    Have a great day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @zcb94 ~ While you could have developed a sensitivity to lactose or dairy, it could also be the brand of yogurt--you could be especially sensitive to a specific ingredient such as chicory root or inulin. I mention this because I know a few people that are fine with the dairy/lactose aspect of yogurt but chicory root and inulin really upset their stomach. Not all brands contain those ingredients, though. So my advice is after eliminating it for two weeks and you decide to slowly reintroduce it back try a brand that doesn’t contain those ingredients.

@Karen ~ While my teams are not playing in the Super Bowl this year, I have always been a Peyton Manning fan so will root for the Broncos—it will most likely be his last game of football (he’s talked of retirement after this season). While Carolina is the favorite to win, I prefer to root for the underdog anyway. :wink: I will probably watch from the comfort of my home too. :smile:

@Laurie ~I am so sorry to hear about your dad, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

@Steph ~I hope your MRI goes well and that you get some answers.

AFM~Not much to report, have a lot going on so trying to keep afloat.
  • zcb94
    Options
    @kah68, I thought about that, but am still not sure what to think. I snacked on Yoplait™, jello or veggies of some sort every day after school in 7th grade, and liked it. :/
  • Morgori
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My quote for today 4 or 5 posts above was by Ben Roethlisberger
    Football quarterback which I forgot to write on my post.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just got back from New Orleans for my first MArdi Gras. Trying to get caught up. Having sinus & eye surgery next Monday. Great day today. Under in every measure except fat but I'm on low carb. Hope everyone is doing well
  • zcb94
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ok, now I feel like a failure.
    Wanted:40 grams protein
    Got 13 grams.
    Unfortunately, I'm too full to want to deal with those missing grams.
    Why me!?
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hello Peeps.... I want to say that life has been really hard and I have gotten so far off track. I was sick 4 days straight due to dehydration of not drinking water at all in a whole month. I got better just in time for the snow storm to hit MN. Since Kenzie passed I have not stepped on a scale but I have gained past my highest weight ever because my fat pants no longer fit. I have learned through losing my son that I am a food addict and use food to soothe my emotions no matter if I am happy, angry or sad I eat.
    I'm trying to get back to normal but with no job and money almost gone I am stressing a little which has me slipping into laziness a bit. However, yesterday I had an interview that has potential and they liked me asked for a 2nd interview. It is doing activities and being a companion for teens and young adults with disabilities. I am trusting god to make the finances work because it is only a part time job.
    I am working on not drinking soda and getting my 8-10 glasses of water a day. I am also working on eating at home more too. Please feel free to hold me accountable because I know my son would not want me to become a couch potato eating my life away. However I can't afford a gym right now and cold/snow me don't mix well.
    I am also working on getting back to being on here more often because it is nice just to talk with others.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @holly-- It's good to hear from you again. I'm sorry for everything you've gone through over the past year. With the double whammy of the loss of your job and then your beautiful son, it's no wonder you've gotten off track. The good news is, we are always here for you and have faith in your ability to get back to the healthy changes you made in the past. I really hope the job works out-- even working part time will, no doubt, help with both the finances and as something to focus on other than your loss. It sounds like you have a good plan to get started with the water and cutting down the soda. Exercise is harder with the snow and cold, but could you use some something like the Leslie Sansone walking videos? I bet you could those or something similar free on youtube.

@zoe-- sorry you missed your protein goal. I tried to view your food diary to see if I could offer any suggestions, but it's private.

@katrena-- did you get lots of beads? Sending good vibes for your surgery on Monday. :smile:

@kelley-- Yeah, I usually root for the underdog as well, but then I saw that Le-Le the panda chose the Panthers and was going to join Team Le-Le. Still deciding...

@tammy-- Glad you and the trainer clicked!

@celtik-- It's good to have motivation, but don't let it turn into discouragement when you don't lose as quickly. All methods of weight loss are hard, but in different ways. Calorie counting and exercise are hard because it's not quick (among other reasons), but WLS and supplements or cleanses, though sometimes faster, have their own challenges related to maintaining the loss. In the end, the important thing is that you come out of it healthier and happier.

@kaye-- that's so cool that Nicole was Matt's teacher! It's fun to have a personal connection when rooting for a sports team.

Thursday Truth:
    I picked at some treats today at work, but I worked it off at the gym and managed to meet my protein goal without eating back all of my exercise calories. Kept a cushion of about 300 calories in case I'm mis-remembering how many peanut M & Ms I actually ate.

Grading Goals:
    1. 22/22 object speeches DONE
    2. 35/60 Poetry analyses

Fitness Goals for the month of February:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week:
    Week 1 = 2/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 2 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 3 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k; Week 4 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks.
    I will run an 8k twice. x/2

Nutrition Goal for February:
    Eat >100 g protein 3/29

You vs Year Challenge:
    44k done/ 956k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Mon-- rest day (donating blood) WALKED GUNNER
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
    Sun-- walk gunner
  • zcb94
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound, yeah. I basically set it like that to avoid flak from MFP because my nutritionist wants me eating as few calories as possible, an amount that I shan't mention here due to MFP rules. No problem, though. I basically ate bologna and cheese for breakfast, and a hot dog with trimmings for dinner. You'd think that was enough. After all, I am full as a tick!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... overslept bad today, missing one meal completely in my schedule, and guess what ... I feel fine andnot hungry or craving anything. I think that's because, without intending to, I've been low on carbohydrates the past few days so there isn't much in my food to trigger cravings ... I was out of a lot of stuff since my last grocery trip back in mid-January. I did shop yesterday and have replenished the fresh fruit and veggie bins.

Today I did not reach my protein grams, however I did reach, even surpassed by a bit, my goal percentage (20%).
    Follow through with Consistent Focus
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Holly. Gosh it is good to see you check in here. I, and I am sure many others, have thought of you often recently and wonder how you are doing. I sure hope the job works out and it helps get you moving in a positive direction, in spite of all that has happened to you this past year. It is quite understandable that you are struggling so; you have simply had more than anyone should have to endure. I wish you all the best in whatever you chose to do. It is time for things to go your way. Check in again when you feel the inclination. You are a wonderful and strong young woman and I think are doing remarkably well under the circumstances.
    Barb
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone: Boy, that protein goal is harder than I ever anticipated. I didn't realize I would be low in that area, but I do have to work at it. I think my goal is something like 84 grams...if I go look this will disappear so I won't do that.

@zoe Yogurt sure never sits well with me, but then I have NEVER liked the stuff. As a mom I always had it around for the kids, who learned to love and eat it, but it just wasn't, and still isn't for me.

@Laurie My best to your dad and your family.

I too am old enough to remember the day the music died....

AFM: I sprained my ankle on Tuesday and have basically been a couch potato since. It just hurts too much to be active. The side effect is I haven't cooked and monitored my intake very well; I don't think I am over so much as just ate dumb things, like readily available canned soup, sandwiches. Today was a little better so maybe it is improving...I hope. Since DH makes breakfast at least that meal is constant...poached eggs/dry toast/black coffee.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a more "normal" (I am definitely not sure what that means) day. I hope I can be a little more active and get a few things done as they are piling up.

thanks everyone for being there.
    Barb
    mountmary84
  • Morgori
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Wear Red Day!

sobn93d8j3h9.jpg

11857432.png

Tom