New products that caught your eyes recently?

11721731751771781202

Replies

  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    This is not new, but newish to me. It's delicious! I like it on pancakes :)

    cbv3jx46d1or.jpg

    Also, those 120 calorie "Alternative 2.0 Bagels" I posted about awhile ago are not so great. Edible but kind of dry and lacking flavour. No yummy onion bagel taste to me.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    My friends from Europe who visit consider American yogurt to be unhealthy because of high sugar content. They won't eat it.
    They comment that American yogurt isn't even close to what real yogurt is. There is one brand of yogurt I buy that is made here in America using the authentic Swiss recipe of his grandparents in Switzerland. It took a bit getting used to because it had very little sugar and is also think and very rich taste of Cream. I can't imagine eating standard store bought American made yogurt now. They are heavily sweetened and designed to taste like overly sweet puddings and desserts. American corporates do this because they know that sugar is addicting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    My friends from Europe who visit consider American yogurt to be unhealthy because of high sugar content. They won't eat it.
    They comment that American yogurt isn't even close to what real yogurt is. There is one brand of yogurt I buy that is made here in America using the authentic Swiss recipe of his grandparents in Switzerland. It took a bit getting used to because it had very little sugar and is also think and very rich taste of Cream. I can't imagine eating standard store bought American made yogurt now. They are heavily sweetened and designed to taste like overly sweet puddings and desserts. American corporates do this because they know that sugar is addicting.

    The yogurt I ate in France was very similar, honestly... same brands too (Dannon, Yoplait). The difference is that the cups were smaller!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    Bought this on impulse yesterday

    3efc6b0e76355d5c50e96d59ec85ee9c.jpg

    It's not bad but I really need to stop buying salted caramel yogurt because it's always disappointing in the end... I guess it's not indulgent enough for me.

    Speaking of caramel, big bummer for me, apparently the Kozy Shack Indulgent puddings are getting discontinued. The salted caramel one is to die for, and they were only $2 at Wegmans, I just passed because it's still 200 calories that are hard to fit in my day but still... I'm bummed. It was the only acceptable replacement for these that I miss so much from France...

    316051.jpg



  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    *adds Fluffbutter and Yasso chocolate fudge pops to shopping list*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    *adds Fluffbutter and Yasso chocolate fudge pops to shopping list*

    My kids finished the box. I think they're going to be a staple at our house now.
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    is this suppose to be about diet food or just any kind of food bc I'm sure ores and pop tarts are not diet foods.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Any food is a diet food if it fits in your diet :)
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    What is diet food? This is about new food products.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    This isn't new so much as new to me, but I just picked up some Ryvita deli crispbreads with oats and pumpkin seeds, and they are delicious. Hello afternoon snack with sliced avocado and goats cheese!
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Tim Tams has 3 new flavours all in dark chocolate: Virgin dark espresso, virgin pina colada and virgin strawberry & champagne. Didn't buy any but might try one next week.

    Bought the new Chobani mezi dip in roasted red pepper. It was almost too flavoursome and had to add some plain chobani for my taste. Supposedly a serve is 150 grams but 50 grams is more than enough, very rich too.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    cmoorofum wrote: »
    is this suppose to be about diet food or just any kind of food bc I'm sure ores and pop tarts are not diet foods.
    I can't imagine trying to eat an ore. :s
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 6,427 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    cmoorofum wrote: »
    is this suppose to be about diet food or just any kind of food bc I'm sure ores and pop tarts are not diet foods.
    I can't imagine trying to eat an ore. :s

    Think of the fiber!
  • mandikaysmom
    mandikaysmom Posts: 5 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love Quest bars, well at least those flavors, but I always microwave them for 15 seconds. Yum. I like the Quest chips a lot too, but I didn't like the BBQ ones as much as the other ones (haven't tried the salt and vinegar ones).
    Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

    I've scrolled through and seen a few people here saying that they like them, and all of the reviews I read said they were delicious which is why I didn't hesitate to buy TWO BOXES lol. But now I'm thinking that all the people who really like them seem to be American which explains a lot, because I've heard on average, the food over there is a lot sweeter than here, bread and savoury food included. Which is maybe why I find them so sickly sweet. Despite that though I'm open to trying other flavours because of how nutritional they are. So any suggestions?

    I'm French, for what it's worth :p And I find a lot of 'sugar free' products way too sweet as well... but I like Quest bars, lol.

    My favorite flavors are s'mores and chocolate chip cookie dough.

    The first Quest bar seemed to taste like Cardboard to me (Not sure what flavor it was). But they are strangely addictive. I wake up thinking about them! Lol. Cookies and Cream and the White Chocolate Raspberry are my favorite flavors.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love Quest bars, well at least those flavors, but I always microwave them for 15 seconds. Yum. I like the Quest chips a lot too, but I didn't like the BBQ ones as much as the other ones (haven't tried the salt and vinegar ones).
    Man I love quest bars, cookies and cream is one of my faves. Smores in my new quest bar love though.

    I've scrolled through and seen a few people here saying that they like them, and all of the reviews I read said they were delicious which is why I didn't hesitate to buy TWO BOXES lol. But now I'm thinking that all the people who really like them seem to be American which explains a lot, because I've heard on average, the food over there is a lot sweeter than here, bread and savoury food included. Which is maybe why I find them so sickly sweet. Despite that though I'm open to trying other flavours because of how nutritional they are. So any suggestions?

    I'm French, for what it's worth :p And I find a lot of 'sugar free' products way too sweet as well... but I like Quest bars, lol.

    My favorite flavors are s'mores and chocolate chip cookie dough.

    The first Quest bar seemed to taste like Cardboard to me (Not sure what flavor it was). But they are strangely addictive. I wake up thinking about them! Lol. Cookies and Cream and the White Chocolate Raspberry are my favorite flavors.

    FYI...I heard Quest just changed the recipe again because of all the complaints the last change and they are better from what I hear. More chewy and texture is on point. Have not tried the new recipe.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Oh man I can't wait to try these!!!
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

    Also, I don't know if these are new or not but The Vitamin Shoppe posted them on their Facebook page as a new addition to their lineup; I'm dying to know what the Tiramisu is like! If anyone tries them please report back with a review! ;)

    lfeuq2eocsxh.jpg

    Interesting!

    I got these (the left one)

    chocolate-fudge-feature.jpg

    I was pleasantly surprised, as I hadn't had a good experience with the brand or other chocolate 'popsicles'... they're actually satisfying and the flavor is strong enough. Really not bad for the calories and protein! I'll buy them again if I find them on sale.

    I like them too. I end up eating the whole box at a time though. lol
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I just tried Lenny & Larry's newer Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl cookie and honestly I was very unimpressed with it. Does anyone here like it? Maybe I got a bad one, I don't know, it was just dry and sort of bland. My favorite is still the Coconut Chocolate Chip, with a tie for second place between the Lemon and Snickerdoodle flavors, even though a lot of people have been unimpressed with the snickerdoodle for some reason my taste buds can't comprehend o:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Oh man I can't wait to try these!!!
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

    Also, I don't know if these are new or not but The Vitamin Shoppe posted them on their Facebook page as a new addition to their lineup; I'm dying to know what the Tiramisu is like! If anyone tries them please report back with a review! ;)

    lfeuq2eocsxh.jpg

    Interesting!

    I got these (the left one)

    chocolate-fudge-feature.jpg

    I was pleasantly surprised, as I hadn't had a good experience with the brand or other chocolate 'popsicles'... they're actually satisfying and the flavor is strong enough. Really not bad for the calories and protein! I'll buy them again if I find them on sale.

    I like them too. I end up eating the whole box at a time though. lol

    I had two. And my kids ate the other two. So now I need to buy more, lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just tried Lenny & Larry's newer Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl cookie and honestly I was very unimpressed with it. Does anyone here like it? Maybe I got a bad one, I don't know, it was just dry and sort of bland. My favorite is still the Coconut Chocolate Chip, with a tie for second place between the Lemon and Snickerdoodle flavors, even though a lot of people have been unimpressed with the snickerdoodle for some reason my taste buds can't comprehend o:

    I've only tried a few. I love the white chocolate macadamia and the pumpkin spice one (especially with turkey hill pumpkin ice cream, oh man) but yeah, not very found of the snickerdoodle one.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    qDM1dGD.jpg

    A holiday leftover, but I picked up my first bag out of curiosity and ended up eating the entire thing in one sitting. I'm honestly surprised at how many bags there were at Krogers.