Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    White chocolate is an abomination. I can only eat it if it's dipped in milk or dark chocolate.

It's also hypocrisy coz not even chocolate.
  • Carlos_421
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    You original purists need to try cinnamon bun Oreos microwaved for 15 or more seconds.

On my bucket list.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Fudge covered Oreos are the most amazing flavor I've ever tried.
    Good tastes.

c54.png
    These are store brand and sound strange, but I swear, these are my favorite "Oreos".

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    You original purists need to try cinnamon bun Oreos microwaved for 15 or more seconds.

latest?cb=20150225125846
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

They do include the toxic ingredient sodium bicarbonate. You may be onto something.

You're my new favorite person.

Birthday cake oreos rocked my world. But...if I have to go for a classic, double stuff always beats original!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    White chocolate is an abomination. I can only eat it if it's dipped in milk or dark chocolate.

Exactly. It's like turkey bacon.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Now that I will agree with. I also agree that white chocolate is not real chocolate, however, for those truffles, the white candy coating makes for the best presentation due to the contrast with the extremely dark filling..

Wondering about the oreo truffles with the red velvet ones that are out right now... I didn't care for the red velvet oreos as a stand alone but red velvet cake balls are my favorite flavor...
  • CooCooPuff
    http://bu.spoonuniversity.com/cook/make-drunken-oreos-chocolate-covered-strawberries/

I've been looking up all things Oreo for this thread and :o
  • Carlos_421
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Now that I will agree with. I also agree that white chocolate is not real chocolate, however, for those truffles, the white candy coating makes for the best presentation due to the contrast with the extremely dark filling..

Wondering about the oreo truffles with the red velvet ones that are out right now... I didn't care for the red velvet oreos as a stand alone but red velvet cake balls are my favorite flavor...

I'll give you presentation. But taste...?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    What about these. Yes? No? Classless?

960.jpg
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member

960.jpg

Gimme
  • Carlos_421

960.jpg

didn't know these were a thing!!!!! Need to try them.

And as long as we're microwaving packaged cookies...anybody nuked chewy chips ahoy for 15 seconds?? They turn into a "warm from the oven" bit of heaven...
  • juggernaut1974
    edited February 2016

960.jpg

That's like Michael Jordan in a Wizards uniform...

I'll still watch, but it's not the original...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Between this and the pizza thread, I think I have my evening dinner planned out...
  • Carlos_421

960.jpg

I have to offer a fist bump for that one because the analogy is so good. Also, as intrigued as I am by these, I doubt they're actually very good in real life.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    edited February 2016
    Double Stuf can only be made better in one way... take two of them, remove one cookie from each, and piece the two Oreos together to create a QUADRUPLE STUF.
  • juggernaut1974

960.jpg

I have to offer a fist bump for that one because the analogy is so good. Also, as intrigued as I am by these, I doubt they're actually very good in real life.

tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500.jpg?1318992465
  • CooCooPuff
    oreo-filled-cupcake-today-20160202-tease_ff110d23f3218d2a8738b43aa15fc823.today-inline-large.jpg

I think these hit shelves on the 8th if anyone's interested.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

960.jpg

These would be a waste of tasty Oreo creme for me. I don't like Chips Ahoy at all.

But I still prefer the Red Velvet and Cinnamon Oreos to the original ones. And the S'moreos were tasty too (RIP).