Box diet

Options

Replies

• Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Valen004 wrote: »
    After about two weeks of some huge weight loss and what feels like big fat-mass loss (6kg lost in less then two weeks), my weight suddenly started to ... grow. On small boxes with total day about 1700 cal the weight grows . It's really frustrating. 84kg / 185, down from 90kg/185. Target weight: 75 kg.

That's not all fat that you've lost

Definitely I feel I lost some muscle tissue. I struggle with some weight to lift that was not big for me like 2 weeks ago.Unfortunately I feel I lost quite a bit of pure muscle strength... :-(

Why would you do that to yourself?

I suspect it is just the way it is.. you lose some fat, some muscle, I can't really help it. Sure I want to lose only fat, but it is just not the way thing work out.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    After about two weeks of some huge weight loss and what feels like big fat-mass loss (6kg lost in less then two weeks), my weight suddenly started to ... grow. On small boxes with total day about 1700 cal the weight grows . It's really frustrating. 84kg / 185, down from 90kg/185. Target weight: 75 kg.

Definitely I feel I lost some muscle tissue. I struggle with some weight to lift that was not big for me like 2 weeks ago.Unfortunately I feel I lost quite a bit of pure muscle strength... :-(

This does not appear to be working for you. I would suggest logging your information into MFP, setting a moderate goal, and then eat to your calorie goal. And if you find yourself lacking energy, perhaps try cutting back on the wine and getting more nutrition through food.

I lost 6 kg in less than 2 weeks. It works out very well. It just can't go forever, losing weight at this speed.

You might be disappointed that at least 2 of these kilograms will return as soon as you start a normal weight loss program. With the limited amount of food you have been having and the alcohol you likely lost quite a bit of water weight
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I suspect it is just the way it is.. you lose some fat, some muscle, I can't really help it. Sure I want to lose only fat, but it is just not the way thing work out.

Actually, it really doesn't have to be like that. I've lost about 90lbs, 40lbs since lifting weights, and I've gone from a dead lift of 65lbs for reps to 235lbs or so. You don't have to lose strength to lose weight.

But, you also don't seem to care about any advice given to you.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

The way you preserve as much muscle as possible is to drop the weight at a reasonable deficit and lift heavy. It's a lot harder to regain muscle than it is to preserve it while losing. You should up your calories and start lifting.
  • Valen004
    Options

I suspect it is just the way it is.. you lose some fat, some muscle, I can't really help it. Sure I want to lose only fat, but it is just not the way thing work out. Sure I am sad I don't lose more weight and fat and that I am nowhere near my target. However it feels like lowest body fat level for me in years

• PaulMarsden1
    PaulMarsden1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    the box great idea
  • Valen004
    Options

Actually, it really doesn't have to be like that. I've lost about 90lbs, 40lbs since lifting weights, and I've gone from a dead lift of 65lbs for reps to 235lbs or so. You don't have to lose strength to lose weight.

Buy, you also don't seem to care about any advice given to you.

Well.. with weight loss everyone has his own way... Whatever works for you...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

This does not appear to be working for you. I would suggest logging your information into MFP, setting a moderate goal, and then eat to your calorie goal. And if you find yourself lacking energy, perhaps try cutting back on the wine and getting more nutrition through food.

I lost 6 kg in less than 2 weeks. It works out very well. It just can't go forever, losing weight at this speed.

Water, LBM and a little fat

Strength, skin, hair and nails at risk

Bad diet (mode of eating) is bad whether it fits in a box or on the head of a pin

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stop feeding attention to this guy and his ridiculous box diet. If it's not a joke, and I still highly suspect it is, he refuses to listen to anybody's advice anyway.
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Bad diet (mode of eating) is bad whether it fits in a box or on the head of a pin

It is substantial fat amount. Don't even kid yourself. Likely within 20% body fat now.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

It is substantial fat amount. Don't even kid yourself. Likely within 20% body fat now.

Your diet sucks

Is grossly deficient in major nutritional requirements

Shrugs
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Stop feeding attention to this guy and his ridiculous box diet. If it's not a joke, and I still highly suspect it is, he refuses to listen to anybody's advice anyway.

No, it's not a joke, there is a book called The Lunch Box Diet, and this is definitely it.
  • Valen004
    Options

Your diet sucks

Shrugs

My diet is not about things you eat. You can't even understand what my diet is about.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Your diet sucks

Shrugs

My diet is not about things you eat. You can't even understand what my diet is about.

There is a huge irony in that last sentence and the first doesn't make any sense.
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options

Your diet sucks

Shrugs

There is a huge irony in that last sentence and the first doesn't make any sense.

What doesn't make any sense is your commenting efforts. My diet is not the same as the lunch diet.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    It's nothing to do with what I eat ...although my diary is balanced and full of deliciousness

It's more to do with understanding macro and micro nutrients and their role in health and wellbeing ... Your boxes imply that you're Israeli ..you have access to amazing fresh foods and a wealth of adaptable recipes. You clearly have Internet access so could look up minimum recommended nutritional requirements on many recognised sites, not one of your daily plans has reached those minimums

@Wheelhouse15 ..lats and arms are looking darn fine :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Your diet sucks

Shrugs

OK well um........if your diet isn't about things you eat then.....never mind. ..
    When you realize this diet isn't what you think it is, we will all be here to explain how a well balanced diet with a reasonable yet responsible calorie deficit is the way to go for lasting success.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

The way you preserve as much muscle as possible is to drop the weight at a reasonable deficit and lift heavy. It's a lot harder to regain muscle than it is to preserve it while losing. You should up your calories and start lifting.

This !
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

But since you aren't eating enough protein - you are losing muscle too. Continue this way and you will end up damaging your heart.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????

Don't be ridiculous. That never works for anyone. Ever.