Valen004 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    After about two weeks of some huge weight loss and what feels like big fat-mass loss (6kg lost in less then two weeks), my weight suddenly started to ... grow. On small boxes with total day about 1700 cal the weight grows . It's really frustrating. 84kg / 185, down from 90kg/185. Target weight: 75 kg.

That's not all fat that you've lost

Definitely I feel I lost some muscle tissue. I struggle with some weight to lift that was not big for me like 2 weeks ago.Unfortunately I feel I lost quite a bit of pure muscle strength... :-(

This does not appear to be working for you. I would suggest logging your information into MFP, setting a moderate goal, and then eat to your calorie goal. And if you find yourself lacking energy, perhaps try cutting back on the wine and getting more nutrition through food.

I lost 6 kg in less than 2 weeks. It works out very well. It just can't go forever, losing weight at this speed.

Water, LBM and a little fat

Strength, skin, hair and nails at risk

Bad diet (mode of eating) is bad whether it fits in a box or on the head of a pin

It is substantial fat amount. Don't even kid yourself. Likely within 20% body fat now.

Your diet sucks

Is grossly deficient in major nutritional requirements

Shrugs

My diet is not about things you eat. You can't even understand what my diet is about.

There is a huge irony in that last sentence and the first doesn't make any sense.

What doesn't make any sense is your commenting efforts. My diet is not the same as the lunch diet.

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/the_lunch_box_diet/ Are you so sure about your own diet? You really don't understand much about nutrition so I'll let you go about this and in a year or so when you've gained it all back you can post all about your experience and how you can't believe it didn't work.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    You would be a good candidate for the cups measurements method of diet I saw advertized on TV ... it had various size containers that you prefilled with the food for the day and then you ate those. The containers were like, 2 cup, 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup.

I do something similar to curb overeating by using the plate method ... I have a 9" plate from an old dinnerware set from the days when plates were not the giants we have now-a-days ... and it gets divided visually into 4 parts ... 2 parts get non-starchy veggies, 1 part gets protein, 1 part gets starch carb and food is placed only up to the inside rim of the plate. I also have a rimmed soup bowl that holds about 2 cups of food ... and that is my measure for liquid or soft foods, like soup, spaghetti, chili, my breakfast porridge/fruit combo ....

.... Whatever floats your boat is the thing to do! Good Luck.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    You would be a good candidate for the cups measurements method of diet I saw advertized on TV ... it had various size containers that you prefilled with the food for the day and then you ate those. The containers were like, 2 cup, 1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup.

I do something similar to curb overeating by using the plate method ... I have a 9" plate from an old dinnerware set from the days when plates were not the giants we have now-a-days ... and it gets divided visually into 4 parts ... 2 parts get non-starchy veggies, 1 part gets protein, 1 part gets starch carb and food is placed only up to the inside rim of the plate. I also have a rimmed soup bowl that holds about 2 cups of food ... and that is my measure for liquid or soft foods, like soup, spaghetti, chili, my breakfast porridge/fruit combo ....

Am I the only person on MFP who still just measures and weighs food to ensure I reach my calorie and macro goals each day?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????

Don't be ridiculous. That never works for anyone. Ever.

I know, some people are so unsupportive :grumble:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????

Well, who'd have thought of that?!

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Am I the only person on MFP who still just measures and weighs food to ensure I reach my calorie and macro goals each day?

Yep, just you. :D
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Thank goodness that fad has passed - it's way too science-based, long term and reliable. I want my weight loss magic bullet, darn it!!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This was my today's box. :)

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

This is for the whole day? Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Not a lot of food there and nothing really healthy for you, yes you can eat what ever you want, just stay in your deficit to lose weight. But this in no way is teaching you good eating habits. I suggest you educate yourself, so you can be the healthiest you can be. Lose the weight and keep it off.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I think you are.
    Clearly, for the plan of world domination you need to get the box.

tumblr_n9juxd6YTM1tiureqo1_500.gif

• scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    sustainable weightloss does not happened suddenly if you want to lose like 15kg in a week or 2 then cut off a leg or something if you want to lose weight safely and sustainably - i.e. to keep it off and maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle change then LISTEN to what everyone has been saying! eat more and eat better! I realise you are not likely in the UK but use the NHS weightloss website http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/weight-loss-guide/Pages/losing-weight-getting-started.aspx to give u an idea of what to eat - its a 12 week plan and I bet you will feel full and healthy with it, and the bmi calculator http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx to work out how much calories you should eat in order to lose weight! and just so you know I followed this and lost 21lb in 2 1/2 months - its basically just counting calories which you can do with MFP but it will work as a good guide (similar to what everyone has been saying about macros, protein etc)
    you have admitted that you feel weaker and not doing to well at the gym and you cant do your box diet in the long run - that makes it a fad by the very definition please read up on healthy diets - yes it may take longer to lose but will be much better for your body and will stay off for longer too!
  • HenryCox
    HenryCox Posts: 1 Member
    Options

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

I think the main issue is that you are not sticking to the box diet, if you are eating food from outside the box what is the point?
  • Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HenryCox wrote: »

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

I think the main issue is that you are not sticking to the box diet, if you are eating food from outside the box what is the point?

I stick to the box. That's the point. Outside of the box only wine (2 bottles a week) and milk (like 1 liter per week), and some 2 lemons per week. Sticking to the box, that's the point.

On the picture I just put things outside of the box to show the box contents more clearly .
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hit 80kg , after 29 days of boxing. 80kg/1.85m, down from 90kg/1.85m. 79.8 kg weight, 2 lowest in 10 year time interim.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hit 80kg , after 29 days of eating boxing. 80kg/1.85m, down from 90kg/1.85m.

Are you looking for congratulations? No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said that you would likely lose weight so fast that you would risk loss of muscle and that the contents of the boxes you showed were lacking in important macro and micro nutrients.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Hit 80kg , after 29 days of boxing. 80kg/1.85m, down from 90kg/1.85m. 79.8 kg weight, 2 lowest in 10 year time interim.

That's good results, and to be expected from your low calorie intake. I will congratulate you but caution you not to celebrate too quickly because once you start to maintain what will you take away from your diet? Only about 10-15% maintain for more than a year or two so where will you be in two years from now? What is your maintenance plan? I'm not attacking you here, I just want you to consider what you will be doing after the box is out of your life.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    How low are you intending to go OP?

Not much lower I hope as you are already within healthy BMI range
  • Valen004
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Are you looking for congratulations? No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said that you would likely lose weight so fast that you would risk loss of muscle and that the contents of the boxes you showed were lacking in important macro and micro nutrients.

To claim the lack of nutrients one should know my average nutrient intake over some time. It's not possible to deduce this from the picture of just several boxes on several given days.To reach the conclusion of nutrient deficiency one should get more data than what I have made available on this forum.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

This.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

To claim the lack of nutrients one should know my average nutrient intake over some time. It's not possible to deduce this from the picture of just several boxes on several given days.To reach the conclusion of nutrient deficiency one should get more data than what I have made available on this forum.

I think we can just go off the fact that you're losing almost a pound a day.
  • Valen004
    Options
    How low are you intending to go OP?

Not much lower I hope as you are already within healthy BMI range

I wanted to be 75kg/1.85m, but I think now that 80/1.85 is fine with me too. So maybe I won't try to reduce my weight further.