290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look fantastic I'm sure you feel GREAT! Thanks for sharing....I do keep mini goals and love that...I have at least 38lbs to my bigger goal!

Hey thank you GTBF! Mini goals are great! I unintentionally set mini goals with the mindset that they were permanent goals. As I hit each mini goal I thought "okay, that was easy" and set another, then another, and so on! I see you've done some incredible shrinking yourself lol... my gosh, way to go!! My very best wishes hitting your ultimate goal in a few short months!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    grace914 wrote: »
    Fantastic! You're amazing! I love reading positive stories. Congrats! Thank you for sharing. This post will definitely push me today and hopefully in future difficult situations.

Thank you Grace, it was my pleasure sharing! Sometime little pushes are all we need and if my story helped you in any way I'm humbled. It's important to not let difficult situations trigger unhealthy eating. If we can separate the food from the stress or anxiety in front of us, we'll learn to cope much better. My best wishes achieving your goal!
  • fullmetaltrashcan
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is great news, and it's very inspiring! These kinds of stories keep me going. :smile:
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAASSSS. You look amazing! Congratulations.
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!!!! Congratulations! You look wonderful! I am sure you feel so much better on the inside because outside you look great!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Excellent news! and always appreciate reading success stories. especially like that yours was to the point--it's up to us to do it
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    sukie6a wrote: »
    Super inspirational! Thank you for sharing.

Awe, thanks Sukie... it was my pleasure sharing! Best wishes with your own goal but... do "this" for yourself and let others be inspired by YOU! :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Amazing success story! You look fab!

Thank you Cajun Belle. Well, I certainly feel terrific! I hope you have a fabulous "Fat Tuesday"... LOL, I hope even more that you know what I'm referring to!
  • sunshinenixon2014
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You rock!!!
  • transformedbyhim56
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You do truly look 15-20 years younger. I lost 55 pounds over 18 months almost a year ago. I'm maintaining now, but always love to read success stories! They help motivate me to keep doing what I'm doing. Kudos to you for putting yourself out there and sharing with all of us. It is very inspiring to many and it will help you too. We all need support because look around there are a lot of unhealthy people all around us. And sometimes well meaning family members or friends say very unsupportive things without realizing it. Sometimes they may feel guilty that they aren't doing something to improve their health or they are just jealous. Keep on perservering my friend!
  • evarinjr
    evarinjr Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Very well done, simply amazing. I cannot wait to post my success story. Weigh in tonight. I hope to be down 30 plus pounds since january 6th. Fantastic job,
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    samiadg wrote: »
    This is the most inspirational case I have seen. CONGRATULATIONS! You look amazing! What a great success story.
    samiadg wrote: »
    P.s., THANK YOU for posting and sharing.

Thank you so much Samiadg. I can't remember feeling better! Having been obese my entire adult life it's like I have a new lease on life now. It was my pleasure to share... comments like yours make it all worth it!

• DogRiverDude
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    I can't read all 20 pages haha but do you have any idea how much lean body mass you lost? Just wondering as I am going through a similar journey but doing everything I can to hold onto muscle.

I really have no idea Eeejer. But I can tell you that I could only do 2 push-up in a row when I was obese and today I can do 71/minute so... I don't think I lost too much muscle! I tried to keep my protein up as much as possible while losing; that may have helped my cause. I do wish however that I did a little more weights/lifting during my losing period because I had to catch up in that department over the last few months.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wow!!!! What an amazing transformation!!! I completely agree with your message at the end!!! Congratulations!!!

Firstly... thank you so much H4L! Secondly... I wonder what I said at the end? (damn... going back... re-reading lol) Ah yes! It really isn't hard work; no work in fact. Mind over matter... dedication to the cause, that's all it takes! Thanks again and, judging by your profile pic, you've accomplished a lot yourself!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    thank you for opening up your diary.

You're welcome Nikion... I was getting a few requests so thought why not open it for all :smiley:
  • colleenclark336
    colleenclark336 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are DogRiverDude! It is nice to see that when you put your mind to something anything is possible. Lovely photos of your family as well. :)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Imomw2016 wrote: »
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story. It's good to hear that your health has improved substantially.

I noticed that you originally posted in December. I commend you for continuing to follow up on this post and take the time to answer questions. I suspect that your post will benefit more people than you could ever imagine.

Wishing you continued success, health and happiness!

Thank you Imomw! It's (become) my pleasure to share my story. I had my doubts (and fears) at first but in hindsight I'm quite glad I shared.

YES... I posted in December and, when I have a spare moment (which is rare nowadays with these damned Fitbit Challenges lol), I'll reply to 1, 2, or as many as I can fit in. Just when I begin to catch up,... several new posts pop up! Honestly, it's humbling, more than anything, to see the wonderful responses and I'm truly overjoyed to provide a just smidgen of inspiration to more than "one" :blush:

Thanks again... I should really get back to work (or stepping) hehe!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    fantastic!!

Why thank you VeggieCanner! Love your Nickname BTW! Every Winter I say... damn, I shoulda canned some veggies when they were in season! This summer, THIS SUMMER I "can" :wink:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    tottie_07 wrote: »
    You look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. (And yes younger too!) The sense of achievement and happiness just radiates. Congrats!!

Haha, T-H-A-N-K-S Tottie! The difference in energy levels between now and a year ago is inexplicable; I feel like a different person. Thanks again :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    @DogRiverDude~ Great job on your journey. I have about 50 lbs I would love to rid myself of. 30+ lbs gone presently, and it feels great to eat to energize, not eat to just fill a void. In the past I used other companies, products to help me lose weight. Now its my success's and not a Jenny Craig, or Weight Watcher thing. A saying that comes to mind when I look at your before and after pics:

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
    Maybe its unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be
    in the first place
    :smile:

Good on ya! (as my Norwegian mother would say)

Hi and thanks Ann! Wow you've really made some incredible strides yourself, congratulations! I'm a believer that long-term sustainability is being able manage our diet without depending on third party companies. If you're able to lose on your own, maintaining will be a breeze... actually, maintaining IS a breeze!!

What a wonderful anecdote and thank you... thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!