Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    stats for the day, **nice ride home no pain due to riding**

ride hm 2 gym- 13.16min, 13.5amph, 150mhr, 2.9mi = 117c
    jog- 8.26min, 7.0-8.0sp 136ahr, 165mhr, 8.26ap/min mi, 1mi = 123c
    other- min, 7 different stretch exercises - 27min, 2 sets of 10 each, 4lb weights,mhr104 = 75c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.46min, 13.1amph, 148mhr 1.4mi = 88c
    ride wk 2 hm- 54.01min, 11.5amph, 156mhr, 130ahr, 10.3mi = 520c
    total cal 923

amph = average miles per hour
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    ahr = average heart rate
    mi = miles
    ap = average pace / minute mile
    sp = speed (on treadmill)
    c = calories
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rori "Janet: If you want to meet up while you're in CO, message me. Will understand if the circumstances are not conducive to leaving family members."

I had thot of this myself when I finally decided to make the trip, unfortunately, plans are a bit sketchy at this point and I hesitate to make a commitment. Hopefully my next trip will be under happier circumstances. Thanks so much for thinking of me though.

Janetr okc
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I just got home from a very long, tiring day. I woke up at 4:20 and couldn't get back to sleep, worrying about stuff. Got the kids to school, then dashed off to Kansas City to the Chrysler dealer to get some work done on my new van. The heater controller on the passenger side quit working and it only blew VERY hot air. Even in the winter you would roast sitting on that side. The very day I called to make the appointment we got a letter in the mail saying there was a recall on that particular issue, so I didn't anticipate any trouble. I dropped off the van at 9:30 and they gave me a loaner car. Yippee! I was loose in Kansas City unsupervised, with a new car and plenty of credit cards! So, the first place I went was IKEA. Didn't buy much, but loved shopping without being rushed by hubby.

I hadn't left the parking lot yet when the dealership called to say my van was ready. So, I raced back, gleeful that it had all gone so smoothly.

Wrong.

I drove a couple of miles before I actually thought to check the darned thing. Nope, it wasn't fixed. It was still blowing hot even with the a/c running. So, I turned right around and went back to the dealership. The service coordinator said, "well, all you asked for was a software upgrade, so that's all we did." I beg to differ! We had a long discussion about the problem and I even gave her the letter that said they would do a software update and if that didn't fix the problem they would have to replace the actuator and blend door. Conveniently, she no longer had the letter. Anyhow, I insisted that it wasn't fixed, and that I NEEDED it to be fixed TODAY. So, they gave me back the loaner car and I went shopping again. About 5:00 they called again to say it was ready. And this time it really was.

So, it was a long day, but fruitful. And I was happy that I stood my ground, although I probably wasn't as nice about it as Barbie was. Now I'm off to dreamland. Good night!

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Well, i guess we are going to get the fence extended on both sides of the house. when i got home, kirby told me that the neighbors dog jumped the fence into our yard and floyd jumped the deck fence and they scuffled a bit. i wasn't home, kirby wasn't strong enough to split them up, the owner of the dog (female mastiff) and builder of the back fence was able to help split them up. no one got hurt. i don't want to deal with anything like that again. we got a quote for him to do both sides of the house. it will add value to the home once we get to selling the house once that day comes. another expense...

nite peeps
  • CheriGee2
    CheriGee2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    CCSJ - wow that dress and figure are awesome. Know you feel really good inside when you wear that fashion. I've heard that if a woman wears a pretty tiara and a cape, she can rule the world. Same goes for that black and white vision. Enjoy.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I agree with you that multi-tasking requires high level planning skills and the ability not to over focus on one thing at the expense of another. Is doing taxes while having sex an example of "the agony and the ecstasy?" :wink: I agree with Barbie about the importance of balance.

Barbie: I find that I am getting a better balance in my life as time goes by. I spent quite a long time in a reactive mode. Things bad or good happened and I reacted. It felt like my life was out of control and I experienced enormous feelings of stress. I have been pleased with the results of planning and doing fun things on a regular basis. It has given me a better ability to stay balanced, flexible and strong enough to deal with life's problems. :heart:

Pip: Congratulations on having no pain while riding home! That is great news. :smiley: I'm sorry your neighbor has a dangerous dog. You are right to get the fence extended and wise to count it as part of the future value of your home. :smiley:

Sylvia: I'm so glad you were persistent and the car dealership did the necessary work on your van. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

I had a city committee meeting to attend tonight and enjoyed it. Now I'm thinking about tomorrow's yoga class. I'm still laughing because my doctor told me I could ride horses but yoga was too dangerous for my wrist. :laugh:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    A quick update on Michele. The Skype session didn't go well and Michele has had a fall and broken her cheekbone. I'll let her tell you the details. I messaged her as exermom if you want to send a message. Feeling sad for her. :'(<3

Love Heather UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Broken cheekbone? Ouch! Poor Michele!
    Thanks for passing that on, Heather.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    Poor Michelle~ oh my wonder if there is anything we can do for her... I know we are scattered..but do feel so bad for her.
    I slept 10 hrs.. I guess that tension tamer tea really works...
    Tom much quieter last night.. hopefully he is thinking about what he does and says.. I know this snow is really starting to get on both our nerves.but will be a couple more years before we can move..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather - thanks for letting us know about Michele!

Allison- I'm with you, I can hardly wait for my DH to retire so we can move to a warmer state and become snow birds!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -

katla - i don't consider them dangerous dogs, not these. there is a 4' chain link fence and they don't bother us and we them... dogs will be dogs., this time she jumped the fence.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to let you all know that I still enjoy reading your posts.
    Love and hugs to those who are in need. Thinking of everyone who is experiecing tough times. Love Crackers photo. Wishing everyone well. Will keep dropping in to try to keep up-to-date with you all. A fantastic group, inspiring.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Heather-thanks for the update on Michele! A broken cheekbone! I can't even imagine the pain! I am inspired by your learning Norwegian online! Are you planning a trip to Norway as well as Spain? Or is this for work?

Kim- I had a class recently on the brain and found out that our brains aren't really doing multiple things at once, when we are multi tasking. Some things we do are involuntary(like breathing) or automatic/practiced (like walking, eating, etc.) and don't require much thought involvement. When we are doing things like cooking, sewing, driving, etc., we need to use more of the thought process and we think we are doing two/three things at once, but we are really just quickly transitioning from one activity to another. Some people can break the connection from one task and move to the next task easier and quicker and are therefore, better at multi-tasking. Others have a slower response/transition time and multi-tasking is not easy for them. I think I peaked at multi-tasking when my kids were in high school. I had my moments, where even I was surprised that I didn't have extra arms doing everything I was doing, seemingly at once. Now, eight years later, I can do basic multi-tasking, but I can lose my train of thought while walking down the hall! LOL!

Snow Day for Grand Haven, today! It is 8:30am and the first of my kids are arriving. It has been a lovely, quiet morning with an extra cup of coffee for me! 10 degrees outside, got my driveway shoveled this morning and watched the plows go by and refill it! :s

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    A quick update on Michele. The Skype session didn't go well and Michele has had a fall and broken her cheekbone. I'll let her tell you the details. I messaged her as exermom if you want to send a message. Feeling sad for her. :'(<3

Love Heather UK

Oh, goodness, poor thing. I hope she heals quickly. Thanks so much, Heather, for letting us know.

Janetr okc
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Vicki In Grand Island What do you mean " nothing to show for the last 4 days off" ????? You have given comfort to a friend and family in need. Such selfless devotion is such an act of love and a true testament to your friendship. We should all be so blessed to have a friend such as you.

Janet I hope that you have taken pictures of the daffodils in winter, especially the one with the bud. I think that this is your grand-nephew saying the world will be all right and a representation of the life he has given to others.

It is so unfortunate about Michele. I am beginning to think that falling lessons should probably be mandatory for women after 40. I am more worried about falling on the ice on the driveway to the barn than falling off the horse. I was able to schedule lessons at a stable with an indoor ring. They begin tomorrow. The black ice glistens on the street in the light from passing cars.

This morning I found some English porcelain egg coddlers that I completely forgot I still had at the back of a cupboard so I decided to make use one to make my egg. After having to use a set of vise grips to open the top to eat the egg, I remembered why I never used them. They sure are gorgeous but unless one remembers to well butter the top and cup rims, very hard to open after being boiled. As The Minimalists say: "The easiest way to organize your stuff … is to get rid of most of it." Off to Goodwill.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    CSSJo9 ~ We need a name to call you please. I am presently selling some Worcestershire egg coddlers on eBay. You might look into that.

During the last 30 minutes I have continued to dry a load of clothes, have a load in the wash, brushed my teeth, made the bed, emptied the trash, cleaned up the kitchen from last night, ordered my meds, etc. I know that is not true multi-tasking but seems like a lot done to me. LOL :)

Temps in the 20's here today! For GA that is a very low thing.

Carol
  • pipcd34
    Options
    what happened to exermom??
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca – I’m with you … I am beginning to introduce ‘real’ food into my diet; and, finding that it has NOT been so difficult to do. I’m not craving things like fast food, such as cheeseburgers and such; but, they look way too good to me. Ordered a Mediterranean hummus and veggie wrap at Publix; and could only eat 1/2 of it. A little too much oil; so, only ate 1/2th of it. Good, but, different. I love hummus and spinach and feta cheese, etc.; but, think if I had made it myself - would not have added so much oil and probably used a small wrap to make it. Knew I could not eat the entire things, other half for supper tonight (or lunch tomorrow). Will probably share left-over fried rice that DH brought home yesterday. Looking all the time about portion control and making sure that I track everything into my mouth on MFP. Weighed 158.5 at yesterday’s weigh-in and dropped 1 more point on my BMI. Two more points to go! Then we will sit down and talk about what I want to weigh that will keep me within that BMI point scale of 'normal range'. Top or bottom of scale. I’ve got a goal that I am working for … fit into my size 10’s and getting my jeans re-altered if possible. IF they can be altered again. Tailor told me a month ago, when they started sagging on me; to bring them back when I got to my goal weight and then he’d take them up again - or see if they could be taken up more. I’ll also get a ‘free’ facial – thanks to my CMWLP. So looking forward to that!

Great that you are finding the encouragement you are from DH and DS – that makes it so much easier. I will share with husband a few chips; and, he’ll dole out as many as I say I want to have (under what the package shows as a serving) – getting usually less – so I don’t go over my allotted calories for them day. I savor the taste by eating them very slowly. I’m a spinacholic myself; and will steam a package of them along with mixed mushrooms … and eat just about all of it.

Got to go into town and get a check, then hopefully BF and I can go out to eat; but, she had a Dentist appointment this AM, so she might have to have a quick one, if she can go, at all.

Chow! Not on food - that might be bad for you!
    Lenora