40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Back from my week skiing. Burned loads of calories but then ate them all back in the form of French pastries and hot chocolates with cream!

Yin and yang!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Bis & Tris=Done!
  • janesmithh
    janesmithh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Am 45 and am looking to lose 40 lbs this year. Am sick of the yo yo weight gain and loss over the at 15 years. Looking forward to being part of this group!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Heading out this afternoon for a Valentine's retreat with my wife. We did the same thing last year and luked it si much we're going again.

Wow I didn't enter that so well did I? LOL

Well we luked, and liked, the retreat just as much this year. We go to this church camp. There are not really any planned activities. But they have a great dinner and breakfast and in between there's no phone, no tv, no distractions. Just time together. And time together is clearly my wife's love language.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's day everyone.

Well today I indulged. Hubby took me out (along with the kids) for a steak meal. I managed to negotiate lunch instead of dinner because I knew I would be less tempted to order wine and if I overindulged there was still the afternoon to squeeze in an extra work out.

In the morning I did 45 mins - steps aerobics, then mostly core work. Annoyingly the restaurant we went to (it's a chain called Bâton Rouge in Eastern Canada) changed their menus in the past 6 months to be healthier. Unfortunately they do not have their new nutritional information available anywhere (checked online and asked the restaurant manager). The meat portion size has gone down and the halved their fries portion and added veggies but since that info is unavailable I decided to log the old versions of the meat and fries. In any case I doubt theat they exactly weigh each portion. This obviously meant that MFP counted (probably? Hopefully?) more calories than I actually ingested but I still felt bad when I got home so I did an hour of moderate Zumba to hopefully make it up.

I'm not hungry at all tonight so I'm not going to eat. I still have 100 calories allowed by MFP but I figure why force feed myself if I am not hungry. If I feel hungry later tonight I can always have a reasonable snack.

@ameerah3333 - That was part of what attracted me to my husband: his complete lack of interest in televised team sports. We do watch the World Cup every four years until our respective teams get beaten.

@allenpriest - I sounds like a lovely retreat with your wife :)

@janesmithh - Welcome to the group. Feel free to add me as a MFP friend if you want.

@kimiuzzell - At least you burned calories skiing. Those pastries sound very yummy. When I indulge I figure if I consciously make the choice and savour it fully then I don't feel bad.

Well I should go and make sure that the kids have all their things ready for school tomorrow and enjoy my last evening with hubby because he is leaving for yet another business trip.

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • ameerah3333
    ameerah3333 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @kimluzzell oh French pastries nom, nom, nom…..lol What I would do to have some right now!

@janesmith Welcome! Welcome!

@allenpriest Sounds relaxing! Nice!

I was able to workout today…..so happy, albeit I was pretty slow moving. But Push day all done!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ontario has an holiday tomorrow. It's like Christmas everything is closed, I mean everything! Looks like Netflix day for moi.

Ciao!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh believe me, I savoured every mouthful!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!! Wow, lots of posts. Hard to keep up now. Hoping to check more often. I had a very busy weekend and it's not over. I've managed to keep up with my eating and workouts. Unfortunately my weight loss has stalled since mid January. I do feel good and clothes are fitting loser. Maybe I shouldn't try this hard, relax more and see what happens. It's getting frustrating...

Have a wonderful day!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Alf, I only seem to be able to drop scale weight in chunks, now. So, a couple months of maintenance and then maybe one month of deficit. Repeat.

I still have five lbs to lose....that could take many months, still.

I did lift today! And it was a good session. BOOM!
  • SueFossumLarson
    SueFossumLarson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join. I am 48 years old. I lost 100 lbs and then my husband passed away suddenly. I didn't do well and gained it back. I was put on high blood pressure pills and I have a physical job where I walk all day. My feet hurt. Doc is now telling me it's time to make it happen. I am down 24 pounds since beginning of January . I have a lot more to go!
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join. I am 48 years old. I lost 100 lbs and then my husband passed away suddenly. I didn't do well and gained it back. I was put on high blood pressure pills and I have a physical job where I walk all day. My feet hurt. Doc is now telling me it's time to make it happen. I am down 24 pounds since beginning of January . I have a lot more to go!

You've been through a lot, but you can do this! Keep focused on the health benefits of losing the weight...that's the ultimate prize. Good luck.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    aqip78mry8k7.jpg
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hello everyone.. turning 40 in a few months and have some weight to lose before i get there. Love the 40plus thread. Feel free to add me :)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Back on track (again) Valentines day (wine) kids birthday (wine and cake) make it tough.....although there is always an excuse.

Did kettlebells yesterday got through round 5 and 1 min of round 6 of Newport before collapsing in a sweaty heap on the ground. That DVD slays me every time. I look forward to the day I can do it straight through. Back to Providence tomorrow.

Busy day at work today so that should help. Weight loss has slowed alot 7 lbs in last 5 weeks so need to get my focus back and try and get under 230 by the end of the month.
  • jenwolski
    jenwolski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the title of this group...and I agree about being the cool kids! I joined MFP again after a year away and am using now as a tool for a weight loss challenge. It's definitely helping me be accountable for what I eat...or more importantly, drink! I'm a lover of red wine and IPA's. I have also started working out on a consistent basis at Orangetheory, which I am now addicted to. It has helped me tremendously and I can see and feel the difference - even though the scale only indicates a 7-8 pound weight loss in the last 4 weeks. Hoping to shed some big numbers over the next couple of weeks, but ultimately, I'd like to lose 35 more pounds. Divorce, aging, wine, and longs working hours have been working against me over the last few years. Taking back my life now! :smiley:
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Back on track (again) Valentines day (wine) kids birthday (wine and cake) make it tough.....although there is always an excuse.

Did kettlebells yesterday got through round 5 and 1 min of round 6 of Newport before collapsing in a sweaty heap on the ground. That DVD slays me every time. I look forward to the day I can do it straight through. Back to Providence tomorrow.

Busy day at work today so that should help. Weight loss has slowed alot 7 lbs in last 5 weeks so need to get my focus back and try and get under 230 by the end of the month.

Giving the kids wine for their birthdays?!? Hope they were grown. :p
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @allenpriest LOL No not there yet. But my sister came over and wine was poured. It seemed rude not to partake :smile:
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    love the name of this group.. but I am quite a bit over 40 lol
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    Lifted today, BOOM!